Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobiles 600MHz may face delays in some areas

Feedback Score

T-Mobiles 600MHz may face delays in some areas

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...ths-guggenheim

Haven't seen this discussed yet. T-Mobile needs this spectrum deployed as fast as possible (especially in my area) and now looks like things may be delayed.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The news this morning mentioned a possible 7 years. That's a crazy long time

Some has been and more will be released in the mean time but I wonder what percentage would be complete in 3 years from now?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think something like this was posted here previously. THe more I see this, the more of a reason why I think T-Mobile will welcome a merger with Sprint because at may be easier to repurpose that spectrum owned by Sprint than wait for the 600.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I think something like this was posted here previously. THe more I see this, the more of a reason why I think T-Mobile will welcome a merger with Sprint because at may be easier to repurpose that spectrum owned by Sprint than wait for the 600.
    Yeah I agree with that. Could be a nice incentive for making and getting a deal approved

Feedback Score
    My area isn't scheduled for 600 until mid 2019. If that gets delayed at all, I might as well forget T-Mobile. As it is right now, they still have too many poor coverage areas and major congestion in other areas around me. I was really hoping that they could deploy 600 sooner than what they projected. Hope my area doesn't see any delays.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    My area isn't scheduled for 600 until mid 2019. If that gets delayed at all, I might as well forget T-Mobile. As it is right now, they still have too many poor coverage areas and major congestion in other areas around me. I was really hoping that they could deploy 600 sooner than what they projected. Hope my area doesn't see any delays.
    If a delay like that happens id def support a sprint deal providing the metrics are right

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    If a delay like that happens id def support a sprint deal providing the metrics are right
    T-Mobile needs spectrum and density right now in some (many) areas. I would like to see a Sprint merger also. At first I was against it. But looking at how bad T-Mobile is around here a merger may fix that. Sprint actually has better coverage and speeds around here than T-Mobile right now.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    T-Mobile needs spectrum and density right now in some (many) areas. I would like to see a Sprint merger also. At first I was against it. But looking at how bad T-Mobile is around here a merger may fix that. Sprint actually has better coverage and speeds around here than T-Mobile right now.
    Yeah I was against it for a while but it would really help things a lot faster than waiting for repacking. If the news was correct it doesnt look good. They mentioned only 10% could be ready by 2020. If that's true thats really bad

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    " Vertical Technology Services (a Maryland provider of tower services) estimates that only 14 crews are qualified for the work,”"

Sounds like all they have to do is bring in more crews up to speed so they can ramp up for the business. Also, the "Gualified" term doesn't seem to mean their isn't more teams available or could be trained. The TV station doesn't get the money from the Gov/FCC until they have abandoned the Spectrum. Some stations will elect to move to the internet and cable to abandon the spectrum for the money then wait for their new repack station.

Also, T-Mobile will be the mover and shaker here trying to get stations to move faster on their $8 Billion investment in 600Mhz. Dish was the 2nd highest 600 Mhz winner with $6.2 B but they aren't even deploying their old spectrum they won in 2008. I still think Dish is trying to be a spectrum horder just trying to speculate into selling it's spectrum holding for a profit unless they get purchased from some large company like Verizon. Comcast was the 3rd biggest winner at $1.7 B and don't expect them to be that active since they also could be a speculator instead of a spectrum deployer. The forth big winner was AT&T with $910 M but their biggest focus is Dallas. The next two winner USCC and Cspire are primarily in rural and small to medium metro areas and neither of them have ever rushed to deploy spectrum fast.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 08-28-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    "In its 2014 Report and Order laying out the framework for the broadcast spectrum
    incentive auction, the [FCC] Commission determined that no repacked station would be allowed to
    operate on its pre-auction channel more than 39 months after the close of the auction,
    regardless of whether it has completed construction of facilities for operation on its postauction
    channel. That determination remains subject to a pending petition for
    reconsideration. The Commission also delegated to the Media Bureau the authority to
    establish construction deadlines tailored to the individual circumstances of repacked
    television stations. "
    http://www.nab.org/documents/newsroo...ion_filing.pdf

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Yeah I was against it for a while but it would really help things a lot faster than waiting for repacking. If the news was correct it doesnt look good. They mentioned only 10% could be ready by 2020. If that's true thats really bad
    Yeah, I'd probably move on to AT&T if it looks like T-Mobile isn't going to make their promised 600 mhz within a couple of years. The coverage is still too bad, and way behind, nationwide. It's much more bearable if it is going to be temporary.
    This is a number sign: #
    This is a pound sign: £
    This is an asterisk: * (There is no such symbol as an asterick)
    This is a checkbox: ☑ (It is not a tick. A tick is the sound a clock makes. a bug, or a superhero)

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Qualcomm also confirmed no current phones will be 600 compliant though software upgrades etc. To me it sounds like if it wasn't built for 600 it's a no go even down the road

I think most figured that but at least now we know
    http://bgr.com/2017/08/28/galaxy-not...ort-vs-lg-v30/

Feedback Score
    The broadcasters have three years to vacate, don't know what this 7 years stuff all about,

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damu741101 View Post
    The broadcasters have three years to vacate, don't know what this 7 years stuff all about,

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    One can only hope the legacy holdouts still watching broadcast TV keeps dwindling. Get them on Youtube and Slink, STAT!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    One can only hope the legacy holdouts still watching broadcast TV keeps dwindling. Get them on Youtube and Slink, STAT!
    Actually watching broadcast TV is increasing as more people "cut the cord".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast