Thread: Verizon Prepaid Premature Activation Scan

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid Premature Activation Scan

I ordered a SIM and a one month plan from the Verizon website.

It came, I kept if for a week, then put it in a phone and activated it.

Turns out they started counting the month off not when I activated the SIM, and not even when I received the SIM - but they consider it activated the day before the SIM was delivered.

So instead of getting the 30 days of service that I paid for I got 23 days. The chat people were not helpful, they offered a $15 credit to the next month - which does me no good as I only wanted 30 days of service.

Seems scammy, I assume this is their policy and everyone that orders gets less than the 30 days that they paid for.

Feedback Score
    Good to know. FWIW I think it's better to buy the kit from Walmart and activate it if you can. You get the Walmart bonus, and the clock starts counting only when you activate it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfnow View Post
    I ordered a SIM and a one month plan from the Verizon website.

It came, I kept if for a week, then put it in a phone and activated it.

Turns out they started counting the month off not when I activated the SIM, and not even when I received the SIM - but they consider it activated the day before the SIM was delivered.

So instead of getting the 30 days of service that I paid for I got 23 days. The chat people were not helpful, they offered a $15 credit to the next month - which does me no good as I only wanted 30 days of service.

Seems scammy, I assume this is their policy and everyone that orders gets less than the 30 days that they paid for.
    If you order the SIM kit only, it is not activated until you activate it. I've been buying the BYOD SIM kits because they are on sale, and I can confirm that Verizon does not activate them when shipped.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    if you order the sim kit only, it is not activated until you activate it. I've been buying the byod sim kits because they are on sale, and i can confirm that verizon does not activate them when shipped.
    this......... ^^