Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop has a new policy on FreedomPop Friends and sharing data

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I went from free to $120 a year - 4gb data, unlimt talk/text on cricket. Got in on a group where my line is only $10 a month. It was too good to pass up. $120 is not free in any sense of the word, but still very affordable for what i'm getting.

Even that's overkill. Current cycle is over in a few days. I've used ~800 MB of data, most of it from tethering.
    Yeah, that's why I think the FP $4.25/mo, paid $50.98 up front for a monthly 1GB+500MB Freedom Friends, might not be a bad way to go, since I use data only, and 1,524MB would be plenty of data for my needs.

If I needed more data or real cellular voice or texting, I might pursue a $10/mo Cricket group. I'll definitely keep that in mind, so thanks for mentioning it again.

But for now, I'm leaning toward just using 2 FP AT&T LTE SIM cards each month to split my data usage between 2 700MB allowances, since 1,200MB per SIM card will apparently no longer be possible on FP with yesterday's change.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I went from free to $120 a year - 4gb data, unlimt talk/text on cricket. Got in on a group where my line is only $10 a month. It was too good to pass up. $120 is not free in any sense of the word, but still very affordable for what i'm getting.

Even that's overkill. Current cycle is over in a few days. I've used ~800 MB of data, most of it from tethering.
    Just when I thought I had it set up right for me.
    That FP $4.25/month offer would have been tight but worth trying except the coverage area shows a big hole where I'm at.

Now @GPz1100 I looked at Cricket group before but couldn't do $20/mo. But I can do it at $10. Any you guys got a lead for me pls?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gameon123 View Post
    Just when I thought I had it set up right for me.
    That FP $4.25/month offer would have been tight but worth trying except the coverage area shows a big hole where I'm at.

Now @GPz1100 I looked at Cricket group before but couldn't do $20/mo. But I can do it at $10. Any you guys got a lead for me pls?
    How would network coverage be any different for you on the $4.25/mo / $50.98/1st year plan than it is for you now?

Feedback Score
    Scroll down that page to coverage map. Maybe that's Sprint's coverage? It sure doesn't look like AT&T's.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Scroll down that page to coverage map. Maybe that's Sprint's coverage? It sure doesn't look like AT&T's.
    If you go to freedompop.com/offer/nobill and click on Get Offer, then the 3rd tab, "LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle", which says "This 3-in-1 SIM works with any unlocked Android or iOS smartphone compatible with GSM networks" in the description, you'll get the same coverage as you're getting now with the FP AT&T LTE SIM, since that's what it is.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

This is a moot idea if there's no att coverage where you're at. I got in as line #4 with a friend. He offered it at face value, not trying to make a profit. I did let 'em keep the port in bonus. I suppose if I fall on hard times I can try dropping it down to the $30 plan and pay nothing, but then I'd feel bad about it

Most group admins would expect you to pay $20 on that ($40) plan.

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by dudest View Post
    For the Sprint devices, it's always been 100mb. For the Global sim, word was that it was 20mb. Then FP updated a support document to say that for phones it is 100mb, but for sim cards it is 20mb. But then they updated that support document again and deleted the part about sim cards is 20mb. Does this sound familiar (support documents being changed with no notice?). So at this point on their website, all it says is the auto-top-up trigger is 100mb.
    Thank you for documenting this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If you go to freedompop.com/offer/nobill and click on Get Offer, then the 3rd tab, "LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle", which says "This 3-in-1 SIM works with any unlocked Android or iOS smartphone compatible with GSM networks" in the description, you'll get the same coverage as you're getting now with the FP AT&T LTE SIM, since that's what it is.
    Aha I see that as well now. Thanks for going the extra couple clicks. I will (re) consider this now.
    But these FP people are really "hi-maintenance" to work with.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

I've got several Global sim cards. My daughter just used a couple in Spain last month where I shared data to three of them so they had 1.2 Gb on each. I'm headed to Germany in a couple weeks and tried to share data to increase the limit to 1.2 gb, but it failed even trying to add 20mb. Bummer.

Eric

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Aha I see that as well now. Thanks for going the extra couple clicks. I will (re) consider this now.
    But these FP people are really "hi-maintenance" to work with.
    You're welcome. Let us know if you decide to sign up for the FP 1,000+1,000 (both over data)+1GB monthly plan for $49.99+0.99 SIM for the 1st year.

Feedback Score
    You're welcome. Let us know if you decide to sign up for the FP 1,000+1,000 (both over data)+1GB monthly plan for $49.99+0.99 SIM for the 1st year.
    Just heard back from FP Community: "If that offer is for the LTE SIM then yes it is on the same coverage " By same coverage they are referring to AT&T.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Someone on SD said it was $5 for the SIM and $10 for shipping.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Someone on SD said it was $5 for the SIM and $10 for shipping.
    Apparently somebody on SD is an idiot!

Not only that, but ANYBODY can do what I described above and see the cost for themselves!!!

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Well I ordered this plan with a LG Tribute 2 LS665 Blue for $29.99 .
    This is my first smart phone. Since I don't know better I can manage
    learning with an older phone.

Later, I ordered two SIMs for $1. Wonder how long they will last with
    a MiFi? FreedomPop makes it difficult [for me??] to find the deals.
    I have save an URL for a data-only SIM for $1.99 .
    Wonder what their offer at the end for that is?
    https://www.freedompop.com/offer/dat...t+-+FreedomPop
    Last edited by rfranzq; 08-31-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added URL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dudest View Post
    Have you personally tested this yourself, or seen anyone else who has? I know some people say it's 20mb, and others say it's 100mb, but as far as I know, the official number is 100mb. Just because someone says it's 20mb doesn't make it so, and it's dangerous to say it's 20mb if it's not.
    For the Sprint devices, it's always been 100mb. For the Global sim, word was that it was 20mb. Then FP updated a support document to say that for phones it is 100mb, but for sim cards it is 20mb. But then they updated that support document again and deleted the part about sim cards is 20mb. Does this sound familiar (support documents being changed with no notice?). So at this point on their website, all it says is the auto-top-up trigger is 100mb. Unless someone has actually used 670mb out of 700mb and has not been hit with the $15 credit, I would not say the limit is 20mb.
    So again, does anyone have any actual experience proving the trigger is 20mb and not 100mb???
    The threshold for Top-Up activating is within 20MB for the LTE SIM and Global SIM. 100MB is for Sprint devices.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast