Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop has a new policy on FreedomPop Friends and sharing data

Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    In the last few months FreedomPop changed the rules for rollover data. Now this. I gave FPop a bone by having data rollover but now I'm questioning this. I also tried to get the $49 annual plan but that has disappeared. I had been very happy with the LTE sim and have posted a lot to help people on FPop forum.

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I have 3 at&t sims, 3 global sims and 2 sprint phone. I rotate them...
    Enjoy Lycamobile...the Ryanair of mobile phone service providers
    Air , Water , Fire....LYCA

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerstuff View Post
    In the last few months FreedomPop changed the rules for rollover data. Now this. I gave FPop a bone by having data rollover but now I'm questioning this. I also tried to get the $49 annual plan but that has disappeared. I had been very happy with the LTE sim and have posted a lot to help people on FPop forum.
    They seem to have a different offer available.
    They make it extremely difficult to find their various offers.
    Besides the $49 plus $29.99 phone this week, I also got 2 LTE SIMs for $1 and a data SIM and an LTE SIM for $2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    They seem to have a different offer available.
    They make it extremely difficult to find their various offers.
    Besides the $49 plus $29.99 phone this week, I also got 2 LTE SIMs for $1 and a data SIM and an LTE SIM for $2.
    It was www.freedompop.com/offer/nobill

They even had it as the site banner. For whatever reason, it seems they killed the offer. It's not that they are hiding the offer. The offer is gone and they ended the promotion.

You can view what they used to have available for the offer here.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to both! It is aggravating to continually try to get the admins to help with it. As soon as I saw the banner I tried to get the offer.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles SIM shipment report

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    Later, I ordered two SIMs for $1.
    I live in southern California.
    I received the two SIM I ordered today in two separate envelopes.
    Shipped from Poway, California 92064
    Postmarked August 31.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    If FP would offer a $1.99/mo 500MB add-on to my existing FP AT&T LTE SIM for a total of 1,200MB/mo (200MB Free+500MB Freedom Friends+500MB Paid Add-On), I might buy it.

Yes, I used to get 1,200MB/mo for free on one FP AT&T LTE SIM with 500MB gifting from 5 of my other FP accounts, which was great.

But since FP stopped allowing that additional gifted 500MB/mo, and understanding that FP needs to start receiving some revenue, I'd pay that $1.99/mo for an additional added 500MB/mo to avoid having to switch SIM cards in the middle of the month.

But with the elimination of the additional 500MB/mo gifting, unless/until FP starts offering a low-cost data add-on, I'm planning to switch SIM cards in the middle of the month, to get a total of 1,200MB+ of usable data.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >If FP would offer a $1.99/mo 500MB add-on to my existing LTE SIM for a total of 1,200MB/mo

http://freedompop.com/offer/iphoneplan

$.99/month for 500MB, or +300MB to the free 200MB plan. $13 upfront cost.

>understanding that FP needs to start receiving some revenue...

It's an intriguing possibility, that a $1-2/month fee would allow one to be free of FP's low-intensity harassment against free users to convert them to pay.

I doubt FP would count these "partially converted" folks as a win, because the token revenue gained would still leave FP in the red. Then again, that FP got them to pay a recurring sub is a good intermediate step toward conversion to a "real" paying customer. A partial win for FP, then, subject to further monetization.
    That's not good enough for my particular needs. But I guess it's a step in the right direction, and it might be good enough for some. $12.97 up front for the 1st month + $0.99/mo for 11 months = $1.99/mo over the 1st year. If it was simply $0.99/mo for a 300MB/mo add-on to a current FP AT&T LTE SIM, for a total of 1,000MB/mo, I'd consider it.

With the FP AT&T LTE SIM data overage standard cost at $0.015/MB, the above $1.99/500MB/mo or $0.99/300MB/mo would be a significant discount for the customer for prepaying, and a steady stream of revenue for FP.

Although I'm sure you're right that the above described amount of revenue is not exactly where FP wants to be, but it would be income that FP wouldn't get otherwise.

Also, don't forget that FP is self-described as being a service that has a business plan of surviving on less profit than a standard MVNO.

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Because of Hurricane Harvey, Freedompop gifted me 1000 MB extra on all of my accounts, even the dormant WiMax accounts for which there is no longer any network to use the data.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Because of Hurricane Harvey, Freedompop gifted me 1000 MB extra on all of my accounts, even the dormant WiMax accounts for which there is no longer any network to use the data.
    Lucky!!!!!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop(AT&T and Sprint)
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Last 100 MB of data is not useable unless you pay $5 to disable Automatic Top-up

Quote Originally Posted by aenews View Post
    The threshold for Top-Up activating is within 20MB for the LTE SIM and Global SIM. 100MB is for Sprint devices.
    I just got hit with "Sep 30, 2017 8:31 PM 70884498 Credit Refill $15.00" as soon as I consumed a bit more than 600 MB.

Moreover, please refer to "Automatic Top-Up" in Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms last updated on 3/1/2017.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    I just got hit with "Sep 30, 2017 8:31 PM 70884498 Credit Refill $15.00" as soon as I consumed a bit more than 600 MB.

Moreover, please refer to "Automatic Top-Up" in Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms last updated on 3/1/2017.
    With a Sprint device?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop(AT&T and Sprint)
    Feedback Score

Exclamation All free plans require payment to use last 100 MB of data!

No, AT&T "LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    No, AT&T "LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle".
    Interesting. That is contrary to the insistence by user aenews that FP GSM SIMS have an auto-refill threshold of 20 MB within the ultimate cap (for example, 680 if your cap is 700 [200 base and 500 "friends"]).

@aenews: what say you to this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    FYI, with FP now strictly enforcing acct suspension for non-use, your 500MB Friends bonus may not be safe, as suspended accts don't get or give bonus....
    Yeah, I was doing my monthly check of FP lines yesterday. The number of friends is something I check and keep track of. One of my lines had decreased from 21 to 16.

I used the Slickdeals list to request some more. Also, the FP friend request by email no longer accepts a list of emails. You have to enter them one at a time. NBD, just a bit more copy & paste.

I'm still getting the 1 cent charges on some of the lines. They don't know what they are doing. Some of them show up as more than one charge in a month and then they reverse the extras. It must be costing them more than it is worth to process the charges.

I make sure to use two calls a week and at least 6 MB of data a month. They are not doing the 1 cent "account maintenance" charges correctly. It could be because they never record the data used in account activity on some of the lines. Even still, I thought that calls OR data was enough to stop the maintenance charges. The calls do get recorded.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast