Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Can I Find Out Why Total Wireless Lists My Moto Z Droid As Incompatible?

Feedback Score

How Can I Find Out Why Total Wireless Lists My Moto Z Droid As Incompatible?

As posted above, when I check the MEID for my Moto Z Droid, it states "Unfortunately, your phone is not eligible for our Bring-Your-Own-Phone program. Click here to view Total Wireless large assortment of phones from leading manufacturers." How can I find out why it isn't compatible and is there something I can do to make it compatible?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    As posted above, when I check the MEID for my Moto Z Droid, it states "Unfortunately, your phone is not eligible for our Bring-Your-Own-Phone program. Click here to view Total Wireless large assortment of phones from leading manufacturers." How can I find out why it isn't compatible and is there something I can do to make it compatible?
    Is it on a payment plan/financial ? Where did you buy the phone? And is it paid off?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score

I bought it new from Verizon on a Device Payment Pland less than a year ago. I did pay it off two days ago, however.

And, I was just on Chat with Straight Talk, they said it IS compatible with their service.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    I bought it new from Verizon on a Device Payment Pland less than a year ago. I did pay it off two days ago, however.

And, I was just on Chat with Straight Talk, they said it IS compatible with their service.
    It may not of updated with Total Wireless yet might need to call them. Now with straight talk did you specify what carrier? Straight talk can be AT&T, T-Mobile, And Verizon and possibly sprint but unsure on the later. Device payment or not it will be eligible to work on AT&T & Tmobile straight talk. But not on Verizon straight talk as an example if on a device payment plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Did you follow my advice when you asked this question before?

One of my four phones indicated that it was not eligible for the Total Wireless Bring-Your-Own-Phone program. I suspect it may have been because it was still on the Device Payment Plan. I paid that off a few minutes ago. Does anybody happen to know how long it will take until it shows that it is compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm 99% sure it is compatible, as long as it has a clean ESN. The ESN check on the TW website sometimes produces an incorrect "incompatible" result. Chat or call TW CS. It may take more than one try to find a competent CSR.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did you follow my advice when you asked this question before?
    I have chatted with them several times. (I guess some might call it CSR roulette.) I consistently get that it isn't compatible, but they can't tell me why it isn't compatible.

Would it be worth taking a gamble and simply ordering four SIM card kits and trying to activate the service once I have the SIM cards? Or, since it says it is not compatible right now, does that mean I should wait.

I did check with Straight Talk and they said I would be good to go with them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score

I have chatted with them several times. (I guess some might call it CSR roulette.) I consistently get that it isn't compatible, but they can't tell me why it isn't compatible.

Would it be worth taking a gamble and simply ordering four SIM card kits and trying to activate the service once I have the SIM cards? Or, since it says it is not compatible right now, does that mean I should wait.

I did check with Straight Talk and they said I would be good to go with them.
    I wouldn't do that until it's confirmed to work. As you have to go through the same check before you can activate.

When you checked with straight talk on the website did you choose "Verizon-Compatible" ? Then entered your IMEI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    ...When you checked with straight talk on the website did you choose "Verizon-Compatible" ? Then entered your IMEI?...
    Yes, I did select Verizon and enter the MEID. The response I received from them is as follows:

"Let's activate your device now!"

Feedback Score
    Yes, I did select Verizon and enter the MEID. The response I received from them is as follows:

"Let's activate your device now!"
    is the phone currently active on a another account ?? and did you try using the phones imei instead of the esn

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Try both IMEI and MEID. Also try decimal version instead of hex and see if that say it's compatible.

Feedback Score
    An $1 SIM from ST will be able to be activated on TW, it's identical. You can try with it.

My son's iPhone got rejected initially at the IEMI stage, but eventually, by retrying, it passed.

Feedback Score

I did try again today. First, I called Verizon. I explained the situation to them and they told me that there was no reason that the Moto Z Droid should not work with Total Wireless.

Next, I called Total Wireless and checked with them. They, again, told me that the Moto Z Droid was incompatible with their service. I did ask her why and she told me that Motorola smartphones aren't compatible with Total Wireless!

It did notice something interesting, though. When I check the MEID on-line at Verizon, the last digit is 0. When I check the phone itself, the last digit is 9. Could that have anything to do with the problem that I am having?

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I did try again today. First, I called Verizon. I explained the situation to them and they told me that there was no reason that the Moto Z Droid should not work with Total Wireless.

Next, I called Total Wireless and checked with them. They, again, told me that the Moto Z Droid was incompatible with their service. I did ask her why and she told me that Motorola smartphones aren't compatible with Total Wireless!

It did notice something interesting, though. When I check the MEID on-line at Verizon, the last digit is 0. When I check the phone itself, the last digit is 9. Could that have anything to do with the problem that I am having?
    The IMEI is the same as the MEID with an additional check digit at the end. That's why I suggested checking both. It may also pass if you check the decimal version of the MEID. You'd have to find a converter online to convert your MEID from hex to decimal.

Your Moto Z Droid is a Verizon branded phone, so unless it's blacklisted, it should work with a Verizon MVNO, like Total Wireless.

The CS reps are clueless. They're not going to give you any information that the online check tool will give you. If the number that you enter into the checker comes back as incompatible, then the number that you give to the CS reps will come back as incompatible and they'll give you some excuse why it doesn't work.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    The IMEI is the same as the MEID with an additional check digit at the end. That's why I suggested checking both. It may also pass if you check the decimal version of the MEID. You'd have to find a converter online to convert your MEID from hex to decimal.

Your Moto Z Droid is a Verizon branded phone, so unless it's blacklisted, it should work with a Verizon MVNO, like Total Wireless.

The CS reps are clueless. They're not going to give you any information that the online check tool will give you. If the number that you enter into the checker comes back as incompatible, then the number that you give to the CS reps will come back as incompatible and they'll give you some excuse why it doesn't work.
    Thank you for the additional information. I did find an on-line converter and the decimal number also came back as incompatible.

At this point, what more should I, or can I, do? Should I give up going with Total Wireless? IS it possible that I could activate a SIM on a different smartphone and put it in the Moto Droid Z or will it simply not work, if I try that?

The other thought I had is to put three lines on Total Wireless and the fourth one on Straight Talk.

Device(s)
    Saumsung Galaxy S5, Motorola Moto E (2nd Generation), LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Try changing the last digit of your phone's IMEI and try to check it again... this has worked for some in the past.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast