Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 414

Thread: LG V30; Officially the first 600Mhz phone

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    280
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    As in, the antennas are still on the tower and they are still operating? So EDGE would have survived by those standards too.



    Tourists. There are places with lots of tourists and visitors.



    Except that another carrier has covered them in many cases. In a perfect world, AT&T and Verizon would cross-roam, since everything in LTE now, and technically it would be trivially easy but that would quite literally take an act of Congress to get that working. Or they'd partner in rural areas to run a single network with more coverage. But that would never happen either. Maybe the next best thing will happen, and somebody will make a Dual-SIM phone with B2/4/5/12/13/29/30/66 and VoLTE.



    And instead of dealing with the gaping holes in your non-logic, you resort to blaming me of "not discussing a topic rationally", which is a demonstrably baseless accusation. If you think that doesn't further the discussion, then don't be a blind fanboy, then no one will have to call you that.



    What do you hate so much about Thumb Cellular? That gets you on the Verizon LTEiRA/B13 system....



    Until they have a lot of churn or cap out on growth because of their lousy network.
    Tmobiles network isn't anywhere near as bad as you make them out to be. Sure in some spots they stink just like every other carrier but they aren't at the bottom of the barrel like you imply
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,351
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Good news. Unlocked version to support Band 71 too. https://www.xda-developers.com/unloc...nd-71-600-mhz/
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Good news. Unlocked version to support Band 71 too. https://www.xda-developers.com/unloc...nd-71-600-mhz/
    That's been known. 🏻

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    161
    Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Good news. Unlocked version to support Band 71 too. https://www.xda-developers.com/unloc...nd-71-600-mhz/
    Actually that article relies on a response from T-Mobile that doesn't make it clear they were referring to the unlocked version.

    Plus this:

    https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...86728571723776


    https://twitter.com/Cstark_27/status/908561370085343232

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by seezar View Post
    Actually that article relies on a response from T-Mobile that doesn't make it clear they were referring to the unlocked version.

    Plus this:

    https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...86728571723776


    https://twitter.com/Cstark_27/status/908561370085343232
    It will. I can promise you that 🏻 it just better be unlocked for all carriers

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,351
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder View Post
    That's been known. ��
    Fantastic.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    50
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    What do you hate so much about Thumb Cellular? That gets you on the Verizon LTEiRA/B13 system....
    Long story short...Years ago I had a nexus 6 and had them as a carrier and was having SIM card issues. Walk in and want to buy a new SIM card and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't own one of their phones. Girl was very rude to me and I ended up cancelling them and paying the termination fee(contract on a galaxy s5 still had a year left) which to me is still worth not ever giving them another dime again. Also never did get that SIM card. Doesn't help they want 75 dollars a month for 5gb of data, I could get that on Verizon for 55 plus tax a month and have volte as well(well not now lol which the rural letters). There's a lot of us up here that are anti thumb cellular, rather have gaps in coverage then give thumb cell our money.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy2c View Post
    Long story short...Years ago I had a nexus 6 and had them as a carrier and was having SIM card issues. Walk in and want to buy a new SIM card and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't own one of their phones. Girl was very rude to me and I ended up cancelling them and paying the termination fee(contract on a galaxy s5 still had a year left) which to me is still worth not ever giving them another dime again. Also never did get that SIM card. Doesn't help they want 75 dollars a month for 5gb of data, I could get that on Verizon for 55 plus tax a month and have volte as well(well not now lol which the rural letters). There's a lot of us up here that are anti thumb cellular, rather have gaps in coverage then give thumb cell our money.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app
    Democracy at its finest 🏻🏻🏻

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    10,494
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy2c View Post
    Long story short...Years ago I had a nexus 6 and had them as a carrier and was having SIM card issues. Walk in and want to buy a new SIM card and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't own one of their phones. Girl was very rude to me and I ended up cancelling them and paying the termination fee(contract on a galaxy s5 still had a year left) which to me is still worth not ever giving them another dime again. Also never did get that SIM card. Doesn't help they want 75 dollars a month for 5gb of data, I could get that on Verizon for 55 plus tax a month and have volte as well(well not now lol which the rural letters). There's a lot of us up here that are anti thumb cellular, rather have gaps in coverage then give thumb cell our money.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app
    That's kinda weird... I bought my Nexus 6 from TMobile

    Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,756
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is a very on-topic question.... Nothing about dust bowls or anything that is paper thin.

    How good is LG at rolling out timely Android updates?

    Motorola and Samsung are negligent laggards when it comes to rolling out Android updates.

    I've never had an LG Flagship before. But the V30 looks to be great in all ways. But would it be great in terms of how LG likes to roll out Android updates?

    (It would also be good to know what to expect that's different in LG from the Samsung Galaxy Flagship or Motorola experience)

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    14,020
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy2c View Post
    Long story short...Years ago I had a nexus 6 and had them as a carrier and was having SIM card issues. Walk in and want to buy a new SIM card and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't own one of their phones. Girl was very rude to me and I ended up cancelling them and paying the termination fee(contract on a galaxy s5 still had a year left) which to me is still worth not ever giving them another dime again. Also never did get that SIM card. Doesn't help they want 75 dollars a month for 5gb of data, I could get that on Verizon for 55 plus tax a month and have volte as well(well not now lol which the rural letters). There's a lot of us up here that are anti thumb cellular, rather have gaps in coverage then give thumb cell our money.
    We had a CSpire line for 24 years, then I bought a Nexus 5x. Took it to then and asked to have it activated. I got a polite but somewhat simplistic and condescending explanation of why they wouldn't do it. I think what it comes down to is that the CDMA carriers have to make some fairly minimal adjustments to allow those phones to work on their systems and that the smaller carriers just don't see any advantage, whereas Sprint and Verizon do. That CSpire line got ported to Project Fi.
    Donald Newcomb

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,385
    Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    This is a very on-topic question.... Nothing about dust bowls or anything that is paper thin.

    How good is LG at rolling out timely Android updates?

    Motorola and Samsung are negligent laggards when it comes to rolling out Android updates.

    I've never had an LG Flagship before. But the V30 looks to be great in all ways. But would it be great in terms of how LG likes to roll out Android updates?

    (It would also be good to know what to expect that's different in LG from the Samsung Galaxy Flagship or Motorola experience)

    I would say that LG is about as fast rolling out new major Android OS updates as Samsung. Goggles' Nexus & Pixel are the only phones that get the update as soon as it come out of Google.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,766
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Whos planning to get the v30? I will consider when the price drops some. Looks like a nice phone although I'm curious how much the samsung will be that's 600 equipped

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,351
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Whos planning to get the v30? I will consider when the price drops some. Looks like a nice phone although I'm curious how much the samsung will be that's 600 equipped
    I am. It will be my phone I use once I get tired of my iPhone X. I always get tired of them.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Whos planning to get the v30? I will consider when the price drops some. Looks like a nice phone although I'm curious how much the samsung will be that's 600 equipped
    I'm leaning toward it. Especially if there is a Black Friday 2 for one deal or something like that?

    I will be watching the hands-on reviews during November pretty closely though. I am looking for a phone that is a peer in photography Pixel, iPhone and Samsung 8-level, not something that is "close but not as good".

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-28-2014, 12:43 PM
  2. Motorola to launch the first 'world' phone
    By Bratan in forum Motorola
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:04 AM
  3. The first wireless phones in Canada with GPS capability.
    By Helmsley in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 10:30 AM
  4. What's going to be the first camera phone to come to verizon ?
    By WeneedJapPhones in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 11:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks