Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: LG V30; Officially the first 600Mhz phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    As in, the antennas are still on the tower and they are still operating? So EDGE would have survived by those standards too.

Tourists. There are places with lots of tourists and visitors.

Except that another carrier has covered them in many cases. In a perfect world, AT&T and Verizon would cross-roam, since everything in LTE now, and technically it would be trivially easy but that would quite literally take an act of Congress to get that working. Or they'd partner in rural areas to run a single network with more coverage. But that would never happen either. Maybe the next best thing will happen, and somebody will make a Dual-SIM phone with B2/4/5/12/13/29/30/66 and VoLTE.

And instead of dealing with the gaping holes in your non-logic, you resort to blaming me of "not discussing a topic rationally", which is a demonstrably baseless accusation. If you think that doesn't further the discussion, then don't be a blind fanboy, then no one will have to call you that.

What do you hate so much about Thumb Cellular? That gets you on the Verizon LTEiRA/B13 system....

Until they have a lot of churn or cap out on growth because of their lousy network.
    Tmobiles network isn't anywhere near as bad as you make them out to be. Sure in some spots they stink just like every other carrier but they aren't at the bottom of the barrel like you imply
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Good news. Unlocked version to support Band 71 too. https://www.xda-developers.com/unloc...nd-71-600-mhz/
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Good news. Unlocked version to support Band 71 too. https://www.xda-developers.com/unloc...nd-71-600-mhz/
    That's been known. 🏻

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Actually that article relies on a response from T-Mobile that doesn't make it clear they were referring to the unlocked version.

Plus this:

https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...86728571723776

https://twitter.com/Cstark_27/status/908561370085343232

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seezar View Post
    Actually that article relies on a response from T-Mobile that doesn't make it clear they were referring to the unlocked version.

Plus this:

https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...86728571723776

https://twitter.com/Cstark_27/status/908561370085343232
    It will. I can promise you that 🏻 it just better be unlocked for all carriers

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder View Post
    That's been known. ��
    Fantastic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    What do you hate so much about Thumb Cellular? That gets you on the Verizon LTEiRA/B13 system....
    Long story short...Years ago I had a nexus 6 and had them as a carrier and was having SIM card issues. Walk in and want to buy a new SIM card and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't own one of their phones. Girl was very rude to me and I ended up cancelling them and paying the termination fee(contract on a galaxy s5 still had a year left) which to me is still worth not ever giving them another dime again. Also never did get that SIM card. Doesn't help they want 75 dollars a month for 5gb of data, I could get that on Verizon for 55 plus tax a month and have volte as well(well not now lol which the rural letters). There's a lot of us up here that are anti thumb cellular, rather have gaps in coverage then give thumb cell our money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy2c View Post
    Long story short...Years ago I had a nexus 6 and had them as a carrier and was having SIM card issues. Walk in and want to buy a new SIM card and they wouldn't sell me one because I didn't own one of their phones. Girl was very rude to me and I ended up cancelling them and paying the termination fee(contract on a galaxy s5 still had a year left) which to me is still worth not ever giving them another dime again. Also never did get that SIM card. Doesn't help they want 75 dollars a month for 5gb of data, I could get that on Verizon for 55 plus tax a month and have volte as well(well not now lol which the rural letters). There's a lot of us up here that are anti thumb cellular, rather have gaps in coverage then give thumb cell our money.

Democracy at its finest 🏻🏻🏻

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

That's kinda weird... I bought my Nexus 6 from TMobile

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    This is a very on-topic question.... Nothing about dust bowls or anything that is paper thin.

How good is LG at rolling out timely Android updates?

Motorola and Samsung are negligent laggards when it comes to rolling out Android updates.

I've never had an LG Flagship before. But the V30 looks to be great in all ways. But would it be great in terms of how LG likes to roll out Android updates?

(It would also be good to know what to expect that's different in LG from the Samsung Galaxy Flagship or Motorola experience)

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    We had a CSpire line for 24 years, then I bought a Nexus 5x. Took it to then and asked to have it activated. I got a polite but somewhat simplistic and condescending explanation of why they wouldn't do it. I think what it comes down to is that the CDMA carriers have to make some fairly minimal adjustments to allow those phones to work on their systems and that the smaller carriers just don't see any advantage, whereas Sprint and Verizon do. That CSpire line got ported to Project Fi.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    This is a very on-topic question.... Nothing about dust bowls or anything that is paper thin.

How good is LG at rolling out timely Android updates?

Motorola and Samsung are negligent laggards when it comes to rolling out Android updates.

I've never had an LG Flagship before. But the V30 looks to be great in all ways. But would it be great in terms of how LG likes to roll out Android updates?

(It would also be good to know what to expect that's different in LG from the Samsung Galaxy Flagship or Motorola experience)

I would say that LG is about as fast rolling out new major Android OS updates as Samsung. Goggles' Nexus & Pixel are the only phones that get the update as soon as it come out of Google.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Whos planning to get the v30? I will consider when the price drops some. Looks like a nice phone although I'm curious how much the samsung will be that's 600 equipped

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Whos planning to get the v30? I will consider when the price drops some. Looks like a nice phone although I'm curious how much the samsung will be that's 600 equipped
    I am. It will be my phone I use once I get tired of my iPhone X. I always get tired of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I'm leaning toward it. Especially if there is a Black Friday 2 for one deal or something like that?

I will be watching the hands-on reviews during November pretty closely though. I am looking for a phone that is a peer in photography Pixel, iPhone and Samsung 8-level, not something that is "close but not as good".

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast