Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: LG V30; Officially the first 600Mhz phone

Feedback Score
    Anyone new to LG really should Google the V10 boot loop issue.The problem was never resolved if memory serves. Didn't LG just keep manufacturing the phone even after the problem was identified as a hardware issue? They never recalled the phone. I think they just replaced them with another faulty device.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Hokie, apparently you don't fear the bootloop for the V30?
    I'm ~hoping~ that LG has fixed that process.

Also, I became aware that the reason LG has avoided a class action lawsuit is that apparently in the box when they sold the phone, in the fine print, was something that essentially said that if you don't respond (who reads that stuff anyway) and opt out, then you agree by default that you can't sue and must go the arbitration route. Looks like the Supreme Court overruled that in a Samsung case the other day, but that hasn't changed things for LG.

The reason I'm not as worried this time is that LG is offering a 2 year warranty on this one.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XARLON View Post
    Anyone new to LG really should Google the V10 boot loop issue.The problem was never resolved if memory serves. Didn't LG just keep manufacturing the phone even after the problem was identified as a hardware issue? They never recalled the phone. I think they just replaced them with another faulty device.
    Yes. The V10 had the same motherboard as the G4. The G4 had been available for months and had been bootlooping by the time the V10 was introduced. But LG never recalled or changed the mfg process, so they were selling V10's they knew would boot loop, along with G4's they knew would boot loop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Attachment 154305
    Fair enough, Danny. Fair enough !

Name:  1x1858.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  57.4 KB

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XARLON View Post
    LG has fixed the Bootloop issue that was heat related in their new phones. The V30 doesn't have a bootloop issue. I had four iPhone 4 that had the infamous "Antennagate issue" that Steve Jobs called it. Also, three of my iPhone 4 broke or even bricked without any thing I did to them. Apple wouldn't be selling iPhones today if they didn't fix those issues with the iPhone 4 in newer iPhones.

BTW, I am still using my LG G4 that got the bootloop issue and LG fixed it for $85 out of warranty. When my iPhone 4 broke one week out of the year long warranty Apple charged me $150 and would only give me a refurbished iPhone with only 30 day warranty. Then 45 days latter I had to pay the same Apple store another $150 to replace my second iPhone 4 that screen was pixelating. I would buy another LG phone. Not interested in another iPhone not for the product reliability issues but the worst arrogant and nasty Customer Service I have ever seen.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Fair enough, Danny. Fair enough !

Name:  1x1858.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  57.4 KB
    Haha. I think we should put up that meme every time and angry duopoly employee comes here to disparage T-Mobile's Nationwide awful, unusable, pathetic service.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Haha. I think we should put up that meme every time and angry duopoly employee comes here to disparage T-Mobile's Nationwide awful, unusable, pathetic service.
    Just drop John a line. He'll sort it all out.

Name:  1x1kdw.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  42.1 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Haha brilliant!

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I agree that they see the value in filling in the map cheaply and quickly. Nothing to dispute there. The cheaper the better as far as I'm concerned.
    This is your third distinct position on this, so you have no credibility here.

T-Mobile execs think that what they're doing is just fine.
    They should be far more concerned with the quality of the network that they are building. AT&T and Verizon are building for the long haul, T-Mobile seems to be trying to get just enough crayon on to show some pink.

I didn't know you still considered HSPA+ a 4G technology. But I guess if AT&T is stuck with using so much of that old technology, they'll hang onto that line a bit longer.
    I fought the "HSPA+ is not 4G" thing for a long time, but I gave up that fight a while back. The original definition of 4G was 100mbps mobile, which even the first generation of LTE didn't do, but we now have with CA. Even if you backfit the definition to the technology, the original rollouts of LTE were on B13 with a single 10x10 carrier yielding a maximum speed of 73mbps. So even by that definition, T-Mobile's tissue paper 5x5 rollout wouldn't count. So if you want T-Mobile's tissue paper LTE to count, then HSPA+ counts too. AT&T's HSPA+-only towers likely have significantly more capacity than T-Mobile's tissue paper LTE.

HSPA+ isn't really "old" technology. It was first installed around 2005(??), but the rural towers were mostly upgraded in the 2010-2011 timeframe, with some laggards being finished as late as 2016 before the GSM shutdown.

Well there's no rule that you can only be profitable with the higest ARPU customers.
    True. I'm not sure if Sprint is actually profitable, but they do have a lot of cash flow, and their network is total garbage.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Also, Cricket claims their LTE network is bigger than MetroPCS's, so who knows who's counting what and how. I'd tend to believe Verizon's numbers more, although it's possible that included the USCC roaming that had now been taken off the map.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    They should be far more concerned with the quality of the network that they are building.
    They are concerned with the quality in the populated areas where they lead the country with the highest data speeds. The backlands aren't really that important to their business model, so they can economize there.

T-Mobile seems to be trying to get just enough crayon on to show some pink.
    I agree, that's all they're trying to do.

Even if you backfit the definition to the technology, the original rollouts of LTE were on B13 with a single 10x10 carrier yielding a maximum speed of 73mbps. So even by that definition,
    First of all, that's not a definition. And second of all, the original rollouts of LTE weren't on B13. MetroPCS had the first LTE network:

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368986,00.asp

Regardless, there is no question now as to what is and is not LTE. It appears T-Mobile has surpassed AT&T in square miles covered with LTE. Now with their new 600 holdings, they'll be able to keep expanding their LTE coverage. Looks like AT&T should just get use to third place for awhile until they're willing to upgrade. But when you dump so much money for things like DirectTV, it can slow down things like LTE expansion.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    They are concerned with the quality in the populated areas where they lead the country with the highest data speeds. The backlands aren't really that important to their business model, so they can economize there.
    They have to provide the same level of AT&T and Verizon if they really want to compete with AT&T and Verizon. If they just want to pick up a few million subs and go on their merry way, then crappy coverage will do.

First of all, that's not a definition. And second of all, the original rollouts of LTE weren't on B13. MetroPCS had the first LTE network:

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368986,00.asp
    Well, the OG definition was 100mbps mobile, gigabit fixed, which took a number of years to get to. Interesting, I guess MetroPCS did technically launch the first LTE network, although it was slower than AT&T's 3G network at the time. Verizon rolled out the first nationwide network, and the first major network, which was a 10x10.

Regardless, there is no question now as to what is and is not LTE. It appears T-Mobile has surpassed AT&T in square miles covered with LTE. Now with their new 600 holdings, they'll be able to keep expanding their LTE coverage. Looks like AT&T should just get use to third place for awhile until they're willing to upgrade. But when you dump so much money for things like DirectTV, it can slow down things like LTE expansion.
    It is possible that T-Mobile has more square miles of LTE than AT&T, but who cares? LTE is an air interface, and when it is used in the way T-Mobile is using it, it's not even going to keep up with AT&T's Fake 4G, otherwise known as Faux G, which has been around for a lot longer, is less sexy and flashy, but was built with capacity. AT&T still has far more 4G coverage, and they have a much easier path to upgrading existing towers, whereas T-Mobile has to actually build new ones.

AT&T definitely did slow down their expansion, which is not good, but I would rather have seen them build coverage in areas that didn't have it at all than upgrade areas with perfectly functional HSPA+ over to LTE just to keep up with a T-Mobile numbers game that's counting an irrelevant statistic.

Now that T-Mobile has built out LTE that isn't as good as AT&T's Faux G network of 5 years ago, just imagine when AT&T builds out B2/4/14/17/29/30 LTE in those areas and can run 3x CA, meanwhile T-Mobile is running a single 5x5 of LTE.

Feedback Score
    Well, Danny, I did try...

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  9.5 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    They have to provide the same level of AT&T and Verizon if they really want to compete with AT&T and Verizon. If they just want to pick up a few million subs and go on their merry way, then crappy coverage will do.

Now that T-Mobile has built out LTE that isn't as good as AT&T's Faux G network of 5 years ago, just imagine when AT&T builds out B2/4/14/17/29/30 LTE in those areas and can run 3x CA, meanwhile T-Mobile is running a single 5x5 of LTE.
    Thankfully T-Mobile doesn't run a single carrier 5x5 network in any of the areas I travel. But I'll take your word and avoid the UP of Michigan at all costs!

Come to my area and I'll show you all the places where AT&T's 4G network can't even load a webpage. I'm at the Irvine Spectrum right now having a beer outside of Javier's. Lots of people here. Verizon and AT&T are really struggling here with all those LTE carriers. My phone works just fine.

I've known AT&T doesn't work well here for some time (congestion not coverage). It didn't last year either when I used them for my main line. Verizon however surprised me. Even the guy here with a Sprint phone has usable data!

All in good fun GSMinCT.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well, Danny, I did try...

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  9.5 KB
    I should change the thread title huh? T-Mobile Network Brawl. Haha.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast