Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: LG V30; Officially the first 600Mhz phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    If John Legere never came aboard, we wouldn't even be talking about T-Mobile right now.
    Or we'd be talking about it in the same dead/dying terms like people talk about Sprint and Alltel.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. And we'd be talking about how expensive plans are and how no one offers unlimited.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Overall I don't have a problem with John. He's not everyone's best friend he's making business decisions but those decisions have made some decent changes come about in the market.

Prices have started to creep up some but the overall entry point to own a cellphone seems cheaper than a few years ago unless you have to have the latest and greatest phone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Lots of colors.....

Name:  LG%20V30.png
Views: 454
Size:  270.5 KB
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The more I read about it the more it looks like a decent phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Lots of colors.....

Name:  LG%20V30.png
Views: 454
Size:  270.5 KB
    Lots of colors that will see the light of day for 7 minutes or so before they are covered over by a protective case

Device(s)
    Gold 128 GB iPhone 7+ Intel, whatever the cat dragged in
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This is all great but one thing that isn't being mentioned is how lazily T-Mobile is deploying 600 MHz. One panel per sector? That means that their 20x20 600 MHz has as much capacity as AT&T or T-Mobile's 10x10 700 MHz due to the fact that they use two panels per sector. Higher peaks when nobody's around, sure- but it's gonna get congested just as easily. Hopefully in more urban environments they opt for a 2 panel setup- Not to mention 2 panels has a better experience in rural areas anyway.

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

-

Intel iPhone 7 Plus- AT&T Unlimited Plus

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    This is all great but one thing that isn't being mentioned is how lazily T-Mobile is deploying 600 MHz. One panel per sector? That means that their 20x20 600 MHz has as much capacity as AT&T or T-Mobile's 10x10 700 MHz due to the fact that they use two panels per sector. Higher peaks when nobody's around, sure- but it's gonna get congested just as easily. Hopefully in more urban environments they opt for a 2 panel setup- Not to mention 2 panels has a better experience in rural areas anyway.
    Someone please explain this to me?
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    When you only have one panel, your signal only travels one direction. Maybe at lets say 0, 120, and 240°. As you add antennas you not only get more thorough coverage, but more capacity due to there being a higher chance for a cleaner/less congested signal. This sorta explains it, but sector isn't really what I'm going for here. You could have one panel facing straight out, or two panels facing slightly tilted away from each other. Look at this diagram:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    And what did they do in the first site in Wyoming, which is technically in an urban area?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    And what did they do in the first site in Wyoming, which is technically in an urban area?
    One panel per sector.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    When you only have one panel, your signal only travels one direction. Maybe at lets say 0, 120, and 240°. As you add antennas you not only get more thorough coverage, but more capacity due to there being a higher chance for a cleaner/less congested signal. This sorta explains it, but sector isn't really what I'm going for here. You could have one panel facing straight out, or two panels facing slightly tilted away from each other. Look at this diagram:...
    I understand what you're saying now. The issue is that that's not "one panel per sector". That's single-sector (omni), dual-sector, three-sector, etc. One panel per sector describes the use of a single polarity diversity antenna rather than two antennas for spacial diversity, to prevent receiver overload. There are some obvious range issues with polarity diversity as it inherently decreases both transmit and receive power by the sin(45º), but I don't know of any capacity constraints inherent with this approach.

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    This is all great but one thing that isn't being mentioned is how lazily T-Mobile is deploying 600 MHz. .
    Wow! Isn't it way too early to criticize their deployment? The fact that they're already deploying is good enough for now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    Wow! Isn't it way too early to criticize their deployment? The fact that they're already deploying is good enough for now.
    Given that they're taking a lazy route, no, not really. I'm not complaining about the speed of the deployment, just the way they're choosing to do it on a per site basis.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Given that they're taking a lazy route, no, not really. I'm not complaining about the speed of the deployment, just the way they're choosing to do it on a per site basis.
    How else do they do it other than one site at a time? Besides, we don't really know how many sites they have in each of these markets. Only that they've activated 600 somewhere in those two markets.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast