Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket mobile revamps ALL of its low end plans. Adds new plan

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    Red Pocket gives $5 a month discount for autopay on those prices, right?
    Those are the prices with auto pay. W/o auto pay the prices are $5 higher starting with the $25 plan. $30 w/o auto pay. $25 with auto pay.

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017...plan-cuts.html
    Last edited by mathfaster; 09-05-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    Red Pocket gives $5 a month discount for autopay on those prices, right?
    According to prepaidphonenews the advertised prices are with autopay.

Feedback Score
    According to Red Pocket themselves the $35 plan is $35 ONLY IF YOU BUY IT DIRECT NON AUTOPAY from Red Pocket's website. If you 1)Buy through a pin seller like Caliing mart, 2)Buy through a dealer, , 3) use autopay on Red Pocket's website, it is $30. The same for the other plans that shift prices. The $30 plan (1.5 gb) becomes $25 via dealer/callingmart , other pin sellers/autopay on RP website but $30 if RP website non autopay. $50 plan (5 gb) becomes $45 plan via dealer/pin sellers/RP website autopay). $50 if onetime non autopay pin on RP homepage.
    The $65 plan (8gb) becomes $60 via dealer/pin sellers/RP homepage w/autopay). $65 if onetime non autopay on RP website.

The $10 plan is currently 500 minutes/500 texts/100 megs of data. Apparently, there were a lot of mistakes by the web designers.
    The $15 plan was listed as both having 500 megs (boo) and 1 gb but it's 1 gb.

The $20 plan is the only one that undercuts dealers with autopay but it's really slight. .. if one autopays its $19 on RP website but on all the other venues (dealer/callingmart and its cousins/one time payment to RP direct) it's $20.

Red Pocket is getting a lot of attention but it doesn't hurt to have some more clarification of its plans. Prepaidphonenews did a pretty good job but even they were still unsure of the $10 plan. I heard it may be updated to 500 megs but as of now it's still officially unchanged unfortunately. I was lucky the $15 plan was more in line with my use and activated a line on that.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The $10 plan is $99/yr via ebay, $8.25/month. The $15 plan adds unlimited texts via ebay yearly, $179. Might be even lower before xmas.

I'm on the $150/yr ebay deal from last Nov, 1K text and talk, 1GB but the 2nd half is throttled. I'll probably be switching to the regular $15 plan since I don't care about unlimited texts.

Or maybe just go with the $60/yr ebay deal, $5/month. 100/100/half GB.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1...d/132288143818
    Last edited by raderator; 09-07-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raderator View Post
    The $10 plan is $99/yr via ebay, $8.25/month. The $15 plan adds unlimited texts via ebay yearly, $179. Might be even lower before xmas.
    The eBay listing still shows 500min/500min/100mb data. Anyone confirm if the ebay plan will get 500/500/500?
    I bought the plan 2 weeks ago on eBay, but haven't activated yet, you think I will get the updated/higher data limit?

Edit:
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017...plan-cuts.html
    The article was updated that the $10 plan was incorrectly listed as 500mb data, but it is supposed to be 100mb. The website now shows 100mb data, same as before.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Reminder that MMS and group SMS will not work on iPhones. Other than that these are good deals.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Reminder that MMS and group SMS will not work on iPhones. Other than that these are good deals.
    Oh really the H20 thing applies to Red Pocket as well? I didn't know this

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    No throttled data after the 1GB, I assume.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Oh really the H20 thing applies to Red Pocket as well? I didn't know this
    It's not an "h20" thing. It's an apple thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    It's not an "h20" thing. It's an apple thing.
    Wow shocking honestly

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Wow shocking honestly
    Can't tell if sarcasm or not but I guess I will bite.

https://bestmvno.com/featured/apple-...e-bill-higher/

The link above is talking a bit about apple/iphones. In the first comment Cat24H claims to have worked for an mvno (unknown) and says that the mvno had to buy iphones worth seven figure digits. That is at least $1 million in iphones before apple would allow mms on the mvno. Cat24H also says that you might be able to pay straight cash to apple and they might accept that.

H2O wireless has a representative on howardforums as well. The rep says that H2O is currently negotiating MMS access with apple currently.

Put these 2 pieces of information together and it is clearly apple that is not allowing MMS (and other iPhone features) until MVNOs play ball. Playing ball could consistent of whatever apple demands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    Can't tell if sarcasm or not but I guess I will bite.

https://bestmvno.com/featured/apple-...e-bill-higher/

The link above is talking a bit about apple/iphones. In the first comment Cat24H claims to have worked for an mvno (unknown) and says that the mvno had to buy iphones worth seven figure digits. That is at least $1 million in iphones before apple would allow mms on the mvno. Cat24H also says that you might be able to pay straight cash to apple and they might accept that.

H2O wireless has a representative on howardforums as well. The rep says that H2O is currently negotiating MMS access with apple currently.

Put these 2 pieces of information together and it is clearly apple that is not allowing MMS (and other iPhone features) until MVNOs play ball. Playing ball could consistent of whatever apple demands.
    No wasn't sarcasm sorry if it appeared that way I just meant shocking as in I didn't realize this was happening with both H20 and Red Pocket that's all

Device(s)
    LG G3, MOTO G
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    what are taxes and fees for these plans?

Feedback Score
    If purchased on E-bay, taxes and fees are included.

If In Cali you might want to message them about MTS charges.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Might put my mother's flip phone on the $99 eBay deal. That's 1.65c/minute for ATT, 500 mins/month. Can anyone beat that?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast