Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket mobile revamps ALL of its low end plans. Adds new plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Reminder that MMS and group SMS will not work on iPhones. Other than that these are good deals.
    I believe this is only an issue with their GSMA (AT&T) plans. My wife has a Red Pocket CDMA (Verizon) plan and Picture/Messaging/Group Messaging/MMS works fine.

FWIW,
    Bill

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soetart View Post
    I believe this is only an issue with their GSMA (AT&T) plans. My wife has a Red Pocket CDMA (Verizon) plan and Picture/Messaging/Group Messaging/MMS works fine.

FWIW,
    Bill
    This is correct. The iPhone issue affects AT&T only, as far as I know.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Reminder that MMS and group SMS will not work on iPhones. Other than that these are good deals.
    this seems so stupid.. I mean when you can easily install the google voice app and then have working sms.. maybe one day apple will ends it's crappy phone policy.. cause it won't pay anymore? (I'm sure it's hardly paying now...)

It was and is a tax to hit these big companies up for $$$

Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, Red Pocket Mobile, Frog Mobile(Greece)
    Feedback Score
    Red Pocket listings on Ebay may not be up to date. I just purchased the $179 ($15/month) plan with 1GB, 1000min, and unlimited texts. http://www.ebay.com/itm/132107102325 The listing states that "your plan includes $5 of free international dialing" in the FAQ under contact us.

I sent a question via Ebay messaging for details and they replied that I actually "can make international calls as long as it's included on the list here https://goredpocket.com/plans#free-unlimited-int-promo. The minutes will then be deducted from the 1000 you have every month. If you want to call countries that are not on the list, then you need to purchase add ons that will allow you to call those countries"

This is actually quite a good deal for us. My wife frequently call European land lines, so this will save us money. I had read about the inclusion of this promo for 'premium' plans for higher cost, but nothing I read said the promo was also good for 'gold' plans.

Feedback Score

$10 plan HAS UPGRADED to 500 mb lte. Confirmed by prepaidphonenews.com

$10. 500 megs. Will they or won't they? After some confusion, they finally straightened it out.Red Pocket confirmed increase in $10 plan. 500 megs. The website has also been updated to reflect the changes. It looked like they were kind of screwing up a bit with the early changes in their website but got a confirm. Don't believe still? Go here. http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017...es-500-mb.html

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    $10. 500 megs. Will they or won't they? After some confusion, they finally straightened it out.Red Pocket confirmed increase in $10 plan. 500 megs. The website has also been updated to reflect the changes. It looked like they were kind of screwing up a bit with the early changes in their website but got a confirm. Don't believe still? Go here. http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017...es-500-mb.html
    That 500/500/500 plan is also available as a $99 yearly plan on eBay, which comes out to $8.25/mo, regular price, or less if you happen to buy when there's an eBay coupon available or when on sale. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1...-/132043269270
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Just ordered the $99 plan from eBay. Looks like the SIM will be delivered by Sep 27th.

Can I create an account on RedPocket now? or should I wait until I activate?

Feedback Score
    Just bought a sim to try Red Pocket and registered an account at the same time. Promptly got a welcome email that contained both my login email and password in plaintext

So I guess Red Pocket doesn't really care about the security of user info? And they likely have all passwords stored unencrypted on their end (perhaps in multiple places too: email server, user DB, etc). And if they don't understand basic password security measures, what do you think they do with credit card numbers?

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7
    Carrier(s)
    Straight TAlk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cacophony555 View Post
    Just bought a sim to try Red Pocket and registered an account at the same time. Promptly got a welcome email that contained both my login email and password in plaintext

So I guess Red Pocket doesn't really care about the security of user info? And they likely have all passwords stored unencrypted on their end (perhaps in multiple places too: email server, user DB, etc). And if they don't understand basic password security measures, what do you think they do with credit card numbers?
    Thanks to Equifax, your CC info and SSN is probably public knowledge anyway. THAT company is the one we should all be up in arms about. No one even opts in to being part of their database and they ran the security operation like 1st graders.

Device(s)
    LG G4 H810 Unlocked, LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, Speedtalk Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That 500/500/500 plan is also available as a $99 yearly plan on eBay, which comes out to $8.25/mo, regular price, or less if you happen to buy when there's an eBay coupon available or when on sale. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1...-/132043269270
    I contacted the seller on eBay on 9/18/17:

Me: Does this particular plan now have 500 mb of 4G LTE? I know that your company has recently updated the plans. The picture shows 100 mb of data.

Redpocketstore: Hello,

Thank you for contacting Red Pocket Mobile!

This plan still comes with 100 MB of data. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

I hope you're right. If it's 500/500/500, that would be an excellent plan for me.
    Mobile:

LG G4 H810 Unlocked w/ Quick Circle Case Wireless Charging - Red Pocket 500/500/500
    LG Tribute HD (Boost Mobile) - Freedompop
    Huawei Ascend XT2 - Freedompop AT&T SIM
    ______
    Prior Phones:

Lumia 820, LG Volt, LG Tribute 2, LG Optimus Exceed 2, LG Realm, Moto X 2014 (Pure Edition), Moto X 2013, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 520, Nokia Lumia 1020, Samsung Galaxy S3

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    I contacted the seller on eBay on 9/18/17:

Me: Does this particular plan now have 500 mb of 4G LTE? I know that your company has recently updated the plans. The picture shows 100 mb of data.

Redpocketstore: Hello,

Thank you for contacting Red Pocket Mobile!

This plan still comes with 100 MB of data. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

I hope you're right. If it's 500/500/500, that would be an excellent plan for me.
    They certainly couldn't be selling it as 500MB if it only really has 100MB!

Device(s)
    LG G4 H810 Unlocked, LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, Speedtalk Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    They certainly couldn't be selling it as 500MB if it only really has 100MB!
    Thanks. I now see that the plan has been updated!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    Thanks. I now see that the plan has been updated!
    It was updated before I posted the link above, which was days before you replied to my post. You should have clicked the link to check on the current situation BEFORE posting a copy of a chat, with old, now wrong information, that happened 2 days earlier! This kind of posting, spreading old, or any other kind of misinformation, is why there is always so much confusion!

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I am thinking about porting SWMBOs Tribute HD (that has been on Ringplus, then Ting, then Tello, now TPO) to Redpocket on the $99 500/500/500 plan. But I read this on the porting tab :

"

Due to policies set by Red Pocket's underlying carriers for its CDMAS (Sprint) service, if your phone number and your device is currently active with Red Pocket's underlying carrier for its CDMAS (Sprint) service, you will be unable to activate the device with a port if for the corresponding phone number on Red PocketCDMAS. If you wish to use Red Pocket's CDMAS service, please ensure that a) your device is currently not active with Red Pocket's underlying carriers for CDMAS (Sprint) service b)you either activate a new number or port in your number from a different carrier. You may also port in your existing phone number to a new device not currently active with the underlying carrier. Please note that no similar restrictions exist for activating service on Red Pocket's CDMA 3G, GSMA or GSMT."

Sounds like I can't port TPO to RP? We use a GV number so we could get a new number, but the one we have is fairly immune to robo calls so I hate to lose it.

I asked RP if we could switch in midstream to a GSM phone and the answer I think I got was it could be done at any of the monthly renewal points in the year.
    Enjoy Lycamobile...the Ryanair of mobile phone service providers
    Air , Water , Fire....LYCA

Feedback Score
    Received 4 SIMs in the starter kit - which one is for At&t? Obviously, I can ignore the one that says CDMA.

two SIMs say 4G(Micro and Nano size) and another one has no 4G logo.

Update: For At&t use SIM starting with 89014

89014 - GSMA
    89012 - GSMT
    8914 - CDMA
    Last edited by tampaite; 09-26-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast