Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket mobile revamps ALL of its low end plans. Adds new plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaite View Post
    Received 4 SIMs in the starter kit - which one is for At&t? Obviously, I can ignore the one that says CDMA.

two SIMs say 4G(Micro and Nano size) and another one has no 4G logo.
    In my starter package, the one with the 4G logo was attached above the GSMA heading which says, "1 GSMA SIM Card - use this SIM card for AT&T compatible or unlocked GSM device. I would use that one.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't one say GSMA & the other GSMT? Or one is blue the other mauve?
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Nope. the SIM cards got shuffled during shipping.

Anyway, porting only took like 10 minutes . However, am not able to run speed test

Trying to run speedtest and am getting "Network Communication Issues" - anyone else?

I only see 4G icon on the phone - I used to see 4G(LTE) with previous carrier - Do I need to change my APN settings?

Feedback Score
    Nope. the SIM cards got shuffled during shipping.

Anyway, porting only took like 10 minutes . However, am not able to run speed test

Trying to run speedtest and am getting "Network Communication Issues" - anyone else?

I only see 4G icon on the phone - I used to see 4G(LTE) with previous carrier - Do I need to change my APN settings?
    A different carrier/MVNO will require a different APN. That is probably the problem. It won't hurt to check and set the APN. Also, make sure the phone is set to LTE.

Device(s)
    LG G4 H810 Unlocked, LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, Speedtalk Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It was updated before I posted the link above, which was days before you replied to my post. You should have clicked the link to check on the current situation BEFORE posting a copy of a chat, with old, now wrong information, that happened 2 days earlier! This kind of posting, spreading old, or any other kind of misinformation, is why there is always so much confusion!
    Calm the F down. I put a disclaimer that my experience just 2 days before was that I was told it was 100 mb of data. I just wanted to put my experience. Even before hand, people were saying there was 500 mb of data. Even, the picture on my message from them still shows 100 mb of data.

The only way that I was certain that the plan is now 500 mb is that I contacted ebay Redpocketstore once again last night, and they verified it. It wasn't by your post or by clicking your link. Even if I clicked on your post, I wouldn't trust it based on the picture because they told me something different not that long ago. I wanted to make sure THEY personally verified it.
    Mobile:

LG G4 H810 Unlocked w/ Quick Circle Case Wireless Charging - Red Pocket 500/500/500
    LG Tribute HD (Boost Mobile) - Freedompop
    Huawei Ascend XT2 - Freedompop AT&T SIM
    ______
    Prior Phones:

Lumia 820, LG Volt, LG Tribute 2, LG Optimus Exceed 2, LG Realm, Moto X 2014 (Pure Edition), Moto X 2013, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 520, Nokia Lumia 1020, Samsung Galaxy S3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    Calm the F down. I put a disclaimer that my experience just 2 days before was that I was told it was 100 mb of data. I just wanted to put my experience. Even before hand, people were saying there was 500 mb of data. Even, the picture on my message from them still shows 100 mb of data.

The only way that I was certain that the plan is now 500 mb is that I contacted ebay Redpocketstore once again last night, and they verified it. It wasn't by your post or by clicking your link. Even if I clicked on your post, I wouldn't trust it based on the picture because they told me something different not that long ago. I wanted to make sure THEY personally verified it.
    Boz is a bit over the top with this stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cacophony555 View Post
    And if they don't understand basic password security measures, what do you think they do with credit card numbers?
    Every company who handles credit card numbers has to comply with PCI-DSS security requirements. They can't get access if they don't sign-off that they do, and the penalties are substantial if they fail to keep up. There are no such requirements around how companies must handle user passwords.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by rcxb View Post
    Every company who handles credit card numbers has to comply with PCI-DSS security requirements. They can't get access if they don't sign-off that they do, and the penalties are substantial if they fail to keep up. There are no such requirements around how companies must handle user passwords.
    One wonders how the authority verifies they are telling the truth about "signing-off" that they do.
    If they are weak in one area [password security], perhaps they are weak in another [telling the truth about their CC security].
    One can really not verify.

Feedback Score

Red Pocket mobile revamps ALL of its low end plans. Adds new plan

Would a Verizon sim work in an AT&T iPhone 6 or one of the Verizon prepaid Motorola E4 that has the eBay unlock? Currently using Freedompop on my iPhone but tired of the terrible call quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Activated RedPocket on AT&T and am getting horrible speeds. download = 0.09MBps and upload = 0.02MBps

I usually have 4G icon but occasionally, it shows 4G(LTE) icon but when i make a call, it says "out of service area"

Below is my APN: Does this need to be tweaked?

Name: RedPocket
    APN: Reseller
    Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    APN type: default,hipri,default.mms*

Am thinking of returning the SIM and getting a refund unless this issue is with my phone(AT&T branded Samsung Note 4).

My zipcode is in excellent coverage as per AT&T coverage map and based on that, I had ordered the SIM from RedPocket.

Feedback Score
    Certainly wouldn’t hurt try another apn . Best mvno has a couple under his Att section

Feedback Score
    Try APN type default,mms,supl

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyrjackson View Post
    Would a Verizon sim work in an AT&T iPhone 6 or one of the Verizon prepaid Motorola E4 that has the eBay unlock? Currently using Freedompop on my iPhone but tired of the terrible call quality.

An active SIM from a Verizon MVNO will work in an unlocked Moto E4. You cannot activate a VZ SIM from an MVNO in the E4 as it would not be whitelisted. Post paid VZ SIM will get hotlined in an E4 unless you pay the prepaid ransom first. No knowledge of AT&T iPhone will work but consult "willmyphonework.net". That site assumes an unlocked phone.

Feedback Score
    Try these https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/re...-apn-settings/

Activated RedPocket on AT&T and am getting horrible speeds. download = 0.09MBps and upload = 0.02MBps

I usually have 4G icon but occasionally, it shows 4G(LTE) icon but when i make a call, it says "out of service area"

Below is my APN: Does this need to be tweaked?

Name: RedPocket
    APN: Reseller
    Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    APN type: default,hipri,default.mms*

Am thinking of returning the SIM and getting a refund unless this issue is with my phone(AT&T branded Samsung Note 4).

My zipcode is in excellent coverage as per AT&T coverage map and based on that, I had ordered the SIM from RedPocket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    An active SIM from a Verizon MVNO will work in an unlocked Moto E4. You cannot activate a VZ SIM from an MVNO in the E4 as it would not be whitelisted. Post paid VZ SIM will get hotlined in an E4 unless you pay the prepaid ransom first. No knowledge of AT&T iPhone will work but consult "willmyphonework.net". That site assumes an unlocked phone.
    Okay, I will check that site out, thanks

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast