Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket mobile revamps ALL of its low end plans. Adds new plan

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Took advantage of eBay's $15 off flash sale yesterday to purchase RP's 500/500/500 1 yr plan for $84.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Took advantage of eBay's $15 off flash sale yesterday to purchase RP's 500/500/500 1 yr plan for $84.
    So did I. $7 a month is very good bargain.

Feedback Score
    There was flash sale? How did I miss that?!! The 1 year plan is $90 today at least.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    How do you get alerts of flash sales like this? I'd like to know for future needs. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    How do you get alerts of flash sales like this? I'd like to know for future needs. Thanks!
    Blind luck. I think I was on slickdeals and happened to see it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    Two questions, please.

1. I am currently (happy) on PureTalk, but I could get a little more talk/text/data and save an extra $5 with Red Pocket's $10/mo. deal. I have one of those $140 iPhone SE from Best Buy and it's working fine with PT. Are all you Red Pocket customers happy with RP? Any issues I should be aware of?

2. Where do I find that 1 year $90 deal for Red Pocket? Apparently the $84 deal is gone.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Don't own an iphone. Some MVNO's have imessage iwhatever iphone problems. None on android though.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cutter44 View Post
    Two questions, please.

1. I am currently (happy) on PureTalk, but I could get a little more talk/text/data and save an extra $5 with Red Pocket's $10/mo. deal. I have one of those $140 iPhone SE from Best Buy and it's working fine with PT. Are all you Red Pocket customers happy with RP? Any issues I should be aware of?

2. Where do I find that 1 year $90 deal for Red Pocket? Apparently the $84 deal is gone.

Thanks!
    I see it on eBay for $89.99.
    I tried copying and pasting but it is not working for me this evening.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    Yes, thank you. I just found that on eBay.

Do all the AT&T MNVOs pretty much get the same treatment as native AT&T prepaid in terms of coverage, speeds, etc? As I said, I have no real complaints with PureTalk, but like many people I'm always on the lookout for more for less. But not if the service suffers as a result.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I see it on eBay for $89.99.
    I tried copying and pasting but it is not working for me this evening.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1...QAAOSwWRZZ0QHa

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    One more follow-up on Red Pocket. The only negative I've really read about is regarding MMS on an iPhone (I have an iPhone SE). And I can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether MMS works. Let's assume I try Red Pocket out for a month with a new sim card and fresh number before porting my existing number over. If I futz around downloading the Red Pocket MMS settings from their website, is that going to mess up my existing MMS capability with PureTalk? In other words, is the the whole benefit of swapping sims to try out different services going to be compromised?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cutter44 View Post
    One more follow-up on Red Pocket. The only negative I've really read about is regarding MMS on an iPhone (I have an iPhone SE). And I can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether MMS works. Let's assume I try Red Pocket out for a month with a new sim card and fresh number before porting my existing number over. If I futz around downloading the Red Pocket MMS settings from their website, is that going to mess up my existing MMS capability with PureTalk? In other words, is the the whole benefit of swapping sims to try out different services going to be compromised?
    Whether MMS works on Red Pocket likely depends on what underlying carrier you choose to use. I can confirm that MMS works fine using their CDMA (Verizon) service. I'm also pretty sure that it DOES NOT work on their GSMA (AT&T) service since many AT&T MVNOs have issues with MMS and iPhones.

FWIW
    Bill

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for that info. What I'm finding online seems to agree with your assessment.

Feedback Score
    I just bought the $99 plan from ebay. 1 yr service with 500.500.500 each month. I wonder what happens if a couple months in you find that 500mb is not enough data and you want to step up to the next plan which has 1000.1000.1gb. Has anyone tried that?

Feedback Score
    Why not do a chat with a Red Pocket CSR and get the current answer? I've found them to be very willing to help. I recently added $5 to a $10 Essentials pre-loaded sim to activate with the $15 Essentials plan. They had me purchase a $5 International calling upgrade and used it to make the plan the 1000 / 1000 / 1GB plan. I would guess they would do the same for you.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast