Thread: Airvoice $10 monthly plan vs Red Pocket new $10 plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Airvoice $10 monthly plan vs Red Pocket new $10 plan

Airvoice $10 monthly plan use to be the best thing going for low monthly service for those not needing a lot of data.
    You would get 250 mins or 500 texts or data at .066 cents per mb. But, Red Pocket has beaten them by offering this great alternative: 500 min AND 500 texts AND 500mb data all for $10. Remember with Airvoice it's OR not AND, meaning you pay for each talk or text or data separately until it use up your $10. You can also choose any of the four networks: Verizon, ATT, TMo or Sprint on Red Pocket. Anybody switching?
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    If RP put advertising behind these new plans they'd crush all the other DIY MVNO's.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If RP put advertising behind these new plans they'd crush all the other DIY MVNO's.
    Their new lineup is good . Air Voice is over due for a revamp. With tons of other Att mvnos resetting their lineups: Pure Talk, Red Pocket Att, H20 (kind of), Real Mobile, Rok mobile, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if they finally add some more data or cut prices... their last revamp was two years ago. It's due... Yep.. Red Pocket is firing on all four cylinders right now.. lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Their new lineup is good . Air Voice is over due for a revamp. With tons of other Att mvnos resetting their lineups: Pure Talk, Red Pocket Att, H20 (kind of), Real Mobile, Rok mobile, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if they finally add some more data or cut prices... their last revamp was two years ago. It's due... Yep.. Red Pocket is firing on all four cylinders right now.. lol

I am really hoping Airvoice does add some more data to their plans. I love Airvoice, but may have to jump ship if they don't. I'm on the $20 plan because I really have not needed data--been able to use wifi most of the time--but things have changed and its getting really inconvenient not to have at least 1GB.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Airvoice $10 monthly plan use to be the best thing going for low monthly service for those not needing a lot of data.
    You would get 250 mins or 500 texts or data at .066 cents per mb. But, Red Pocket has beaten them by offering this great alternative: 500 min AND 500 texts AND 500mb data all for $10. Remember with Airvoice it's OR not AND, meaning you pay for each talk or text or data separately until it use up your $10. You can also choose any of the four networks: Verizon, ATT, TMo or Sprint on Red Pocket. Anybody switching?
    Is the Red Pocket plan PAYGO like Airvoice, or do the buckets expire every month?

I agree that the RP plan is generally superior to Airvoice... except for one use case. I the RP buckets expire every month, the Airvoice plan is good for someone who has very irregular usage (e.g., low usage for many months followed by very high usage in one month).

Otherwise, AV looks stale in comparison.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I'm tempted to switch from Airvoice but it sounds like the Red Pocket customer support is dreadful and there was some issue in the past with accounts getting periodically terminated? The combination of potentially needing support and not being able to conveniently get it doesn't sound appealing.

I hope Airvoice updates their plans to be a bit more competitive.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Airvoice $10 monthly plan vs Red Pocket new $10 plan

Correct no roll over data with red pocket, but adding addl data if needed is cheap.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Correct no roll over data with red pocket, but adding addl data if needed is cheap.
    Adding easy data is a nice feature.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Where can you sign up for RP's plan? On their website, I only see a $10 plan with 500 min/500 texts/100mb but don't see one with 500mb.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SRuffles View Post
    Where can you sign up for RP's plan? On their website, I only see a $10 plan with 500 min/500 texts/100mb but don't see one with 500mb.
    500MB for the $10 was a mistake I believe. 500MB stayed on the website for a while before the plan got corrected. Now people have the impression that the $10 is 500MB.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    I am really hoping Airvoice does add some more data to their plans. I love Airvoice, but may have to jump ship if they don't. I'm on the $20 plan because I really have not needed data--been able to use wifi most of the time--but things have changed and its getting really inconvenient not to have at least 1GB.
    $20 on Red Pocket nets 500MB with unlimited talk and text, but if you are ok with 1000 mins, 1000 text every month then it is $15 a month with 1GB as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    $20 on Red Pocket nets 500MB with unlimited talk and text, but if you are ok with 1000 mins, 1000 text every month then it is $15 a month with 1GB as well.
    Thanks! I want to stay with unlimited talk and text (no idea how much the kids and I use--we each have the Airvoice $20 plan, and its not worth it to me to deal with running out for them or me). I have used and loved Airvoice customer service, so not sure I want to change providers for 500MB; am certainly thinking about it and watching. Still hoping Airvoice will match it.