Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Rogers LTE advanced coverage

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone notice any changes to the Rogers network in term of coverage and quality in the GTA?

    Sent from my SM-N950W using HoFo mobile app

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    No changes to coverage in Vaughan but speeds have actually gotten worse lately. I’ve been testing from time to time and the average is now between 8-15 Mbps in most places we go to around here. Why do you ask? Did you notice anything different lately?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yea I've been having decent speeds out doors in the GTA and near north York region ( York university). As for services I've mostly had full bars everywhere I go.

    I'm not sure if there upgrading their network but for a rare instance I've seen a Rogers van in Toronto.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using HoFo mobile app

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can you get into your phone’s service menu to see what band it’s connected to most of the time? Maybe Rogers is finally moving away from preferring B7...

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm mostly on band 4 or 7. And in certain locations I get 4 and 7 together.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using HoFo mobile app

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    You must be really close to a cell site when camping on B7 with full signal. My wife’s Rogers iPhone 6 prefers the same bands here at home and she usually has 1 bar. The Rogers tower serving our neighbourhood is just over 1km away.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0

    Rogers LTE advanced coverage

    Speeds are really tanking lately where I live. Been running tests on my wife’s phone. Connected to B4 with 2 out of 4 bars of signal....3.5Mbps down and 2Mbps up. Been like this for the last few days. Location - Cityview and Teston. Previously speeds were averaging around 10Mbps here but they’ve been consistently at 3ish for the last 4 days or so.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    304
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Speeds are really tanking lately where I live. Been running tests on my wife’s phone. Connected to B4 with 2 out of 4 bars of signal....3.5Mbps down and 2Mbps up. Been like this for the last few days. Location - Cityview and Teston. Previously speeds were averaging around 10Mbps here but they’ve been consistently at 3ish for the last 4 days or so.
    Would it have anything to do with an influx of traffic in the area during thanksgiving weekend by any chance? Strange for it to just randomly drop like that especially if it’s Band 4 mixed with another possible band 7 or 12. How’s your Telus phone holding up?

    My Rogers phone here in St. John’s just pulled 20.5 down 4.4 up on 2/4 bars of Band 12 approx 2.7 kms from the nearest tower in a basement apartment. No CA. This is usually the norm for me.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    144
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Things seem pretty typical (though upload a little weak) on my end as well (just east of downtown Toronto) on band 7
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0

    Rogers LTE advanced coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by newfoundlander1 View Post
    Would it have anything to do with an influx of traffic in the area during thanksgiving weekend by any chance? Strange for it to just randomly drop like that especially if it’s Band 4 mixed with another possible band 7 or 12. How’s your Telus phone holding up?

    My Rogers phone here in St. John’s just pulled 20.5 down 4.4 up on 2/4 bars of Band 12 approx 2.7 kms from the nearest tower in a basement apartment. No CA. This is usually the norm for me.
    No CA for me either (on both my wife’s phone and my phone because we both have iPhone 6). My Telus phone has been rock solid for the most part. I can easily pull 115 down at home in the same area where I tested the Rogers phone. I just did another test and clocked 101. Yesterday I clocked 91 in my basement with 2 out of 4 bars on B2. Now, we’re much closer to a Bellus tower so there’s that. But still...even when I have 1 bar of B17 with Telus, I can easily hit 20-25 (which I had the opportunity to test earlier today). Things just feel way more stable and consistent with my Telus phone.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    304
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Rogers LTE advanced coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    No CA for me either (on both my wife’s phone and my phone because we both have iPhone 6). My Telus phone has been rock solid for the most part. I can easily pull 115 down at home in the same area where I tested the Rogers phone. I just did another test and clocked 101. Yesterday I clocked 91 in my basement with 2 out of 4 bars on B2. Now, we’re much closer to a Bellus tower so there’s that. But still...even when I have 1 bar of B17 with Telus, I can easily hit 20-25 (which I had the opportunity to test earlier today). Things just feel way more stable and consistent with my Telus phone.
    I thought the iPhone 6 had Cat 4 CA up to 150 Mbps? Either way you’re right though..with the speeds she’s getting it doesn’t sound like CA.

    Bell used to be shaky here on times and Rogers was always blowing them out of the water but Bell has really stepped their game up here big time and Rogers has just maintained. Not a bad network by any means but Bell def has the speed advantage here now that I used to be able to brag about on Rogers which kinda sucks.

    I’m due for an upgrade just waiting for the iPhone X to be released. Contemplating whether I should stick with my bundled plan with Rogers or if I want to switch back to Bell or try newly launched Eastlink.

    Too bad Freedom Mobile isn’t an option here. Those prices are amazing and unlimited data is a huge plus even if it can be throttled at times.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do you have access to any corp plans? Bundled prices are nice and all but how much are you really saving? If you’re only saving a few bucks, that’s not really worth it being on an inferior network...just my two cents. Why not give Koodo a try?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    304
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Do you have access to any corp plans? Bundled prices are nice and all but how much are you really saving? If you’re only saving a few bucks, that’s not really worth it being on an inferior network...just my two cents. Why not give Koodo a try?
    I'm saving $50 plus tax a month by bundling. They have a great discount for NL for the past year or more where you save $10 off each service when you bundle. I have tv/internet/home phone & 2 cells so 5 services = $50 off. Hard to give up.

    I have access to a Telus corporate plan through work but when comparing the prices I would still end up paying more.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    So the corp plan won’t save you more then $10 a month on your cell bill?? That doesn’t sound like a corp plan. Telus usually has two types of employee discounts...1. corp individual liability plans which are dirt cheap (e.g. mine is $50 a month for unlimited talk/msg and 6GB data) and 2. EPP plans that give 30% off in-market rates. Both would save you way more than $10 a month, unless your Telus corp plan is something completely different which would be strange. Then just keep your tv/internet/Home phone bundled. Wouldn’t that work?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    304
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Rogers LTE advanced coverage

    I believe if you get rid of the cells the discount no longer applies. I think it’s meant to promote their wireless services here more because they are often overlooked.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rogers launches LTE-Advanced
    By howard in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-31-2014, 11:13 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 07:13 PM
  3. Plans Rogers LTE coverage
    By rudiboy in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 01:04 PM
  4. Rogers LTE Coverage Map Updated and Expanded
    By TotalDistinction in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
  5. Anyone notice that Rogers LTE coverage has increased?
    By howard in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks