Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Roam Like Home and Fido Roam now $6.00 day for US

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0

    Roam Like Home and Fido Roam now $6.00 day for US

    Roam Like Home and Fido Roam now $6.00/day for US. Up from $5.00/day. Just so it isn't a surprise on your next US trip.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Rogers has been increasing prices a lot in the past few weeks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0

    Roam Like Home and Fido Roam now $6.00 day for US

    So the one thing that kind of sets them apart from their competitors is slowly increasing in price, thus negating any real competitive advantage. Shocking. Same ole Rogers. I don't get why so many people still like being with them...my wife is one of them!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,231
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    So the one thing that kind of sets them apart from their competitors is slowly increasing in price, thus negating any real competitive advantage. Shocking. Same ole Rogers. I don't get why so many people still like being with them...my wife is one of them!!!
    Because the competition sucks even more. Telus charges $7day and that too upto $100 (14 days). Beell charges $5 but gives you 100 MB/day and from midnight to midnight EST. Go over 100 MB and you will get dinged another $5. They also have no cap!!

    Telus's implementation is quite clever. Since its 14 days from the billing date, you are virtually guaranteed to pay more. How so? For trips < 14 days you pay 100%. For trips > 14 days, the probability that you will start in the first 14 days of the month is about 0.5. So, in 1/2 the number of cases (your trip starts on the 15th day onwards), you pay for ALL the days. In the case that it starts before, well you pay for 14 days+ whatever number of days rolls over into the new month.

    In Bell's case, hey just rip you off shamelessly.

    In Rogers' case, you pay for 10 days but the probability that you start in the last 10 days of your billing cycle is 1/3rd.

    Rogers is still the best deal out of the big 3 when it comes to roam like home and they know it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just pay $10 a month for US roaming with Telus. Much cheaper than paying $6/day with Rogers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Rogers is still the best deal out of the big 3 when it comes to roam like home and they know it.
    Ya I know...for now. I meant that this is probably the first of many changes. I wouldn't be surprised if RLH's competitive advantage eventually lost its appeal for good.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,079
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BasesLoadedWalk View Post
    I just pay $10 a month for US roaming with Telus. Much cheaper than paying $6/day with Rogers.
    But that's $10 extra every month regardless of whether you're in the US or not. Unless you're a very frequent traveler to the US, your plan will be more expensive than RLH.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    184
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BasesLoadedWalk View Post
    I just pay $10 a month for US roaming with Telus. Much cheaper than paying $6/day with Rogers.
    That's only worth it for people if they go to the states for more than 20 days a year.
    Last edited by Jaylay14; 09-05-2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    But that's $10 extra every month regardless of whether you're in the US or not. Unless you're a very frequent traveler to the US, your plan will be more expensive than RLH.
    I'm in the USA multiple times per week as I live in Fort Erie (right across the river from Buffalo) and my girlfriend lives in Buffalo. So to me the $10/month is much much much cheaper than the per day charge. On top of that, the $10 monthly charge does include USA long distance calling and text messaging while in Canada as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    80
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BasesLoadedWalk View Post
    I'm in the USA multiple times per week as I live in Fort Erie (right across the river from Buffalo) and my girlfriend lives in Buffalo. So to me the $10/month is much much much cheaper than the per day charge. On top of that, the $10 monthly charge does include USA long distance calling and text messaging while in Canada as well.
    You should consider switching to T-Mobile or AT&T. Canada roaming is included and you would save a ton.

Similar Threads

  1. Rogers Roam Like home available on more plans now.
    By Jaylay14 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2016, 05:20 PM
  2. Mystery text messages and Roam Like Home
    By snugglebunny in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-13-2016, 04:22 AM
  3. Rogers introduces Roam like home
    By ijcy in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 216
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 11:36 AM
  4. Roam like home- Carribean and South america
    By xtachx in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 11:05 PM
  5. FreedomPop going to include roaming like RW and others?
    By MobileBoost in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 02:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks