Thread: Roam Like Home and Fido Roam now $6.00 day for US

Feedback Score

Roam Like Home and Fido Roam now $6.00 day for US

Roam Like Home and Fido Roam now $6.00/day for US. Up from $5.00/day. Just so it isn't a surprise on your next US trip.

Feedback Score
    Rogers has been increasing prices a lot in the past few weeks.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Roam Like Home and Fido Roam now $6.00 day for US

So the one thing that kind of sets them apart from their competitors is slowly increasing in price, thus negating any real competitive advantage. Shocking. Same ole Rogers. I don't get why so many people still like being with them...my wife is one of them!!!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    So the one thing that kind of sets them apart from their competitors is slowly increasing in price, thus negating any real competitive advantage. Shocking. Same ole Rogers. I don't get why so many people still like being with them...my wife is one of them!!!
    Because the competition sucks even more. Telus charges $7day and that too upto $100 (14 days). Beell charges $5 but gives you 100 MB/day and from midnight to midnight EST. Go over 100 MB and you will get dinged another $5. They also have no cap!!

Telus's implementation is quite clever. Since its 14 days from the billing date, you are virtually guaranteed to pay more. How so? For trips < 14 days you pay 100%. For trips > 14 days, the probability that you will start in the first 14 days of the month is about 0.5. So, in 1/2 the number of cases (your trip starts on the 15th day onwards), you pay for ALL the days. In the case that it starts before, well you pay for 14 days+ whatever number of days rolls over into the new month.

In Bell's case, hey just rip you off shamelessly.

In Rogers' case, you pay for 10 days but the probability that you start in the last 10 days of your billing cycle is 1/3rd.

Rogers is still the best deal out of the big 3 when it comes to roam like home and they know it.

Feedback Score
    I just pay $10 a month for US roaming with Telus. Much cheaper than paying $6/day with Rogers.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Rogers is still the best deal out of the big 3 when it comes to roam like home and they know it.
    Ya I know...for now. I meant that this is probably the first of many changes. I wouldn't be surprised if RLH's competitive advantage eventually lost its appeal for good.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BasesLoadedWalk View Post
    I just pay $10 a month for US roaming with Telus. Much cheaper than paying $6/day with Rogers.
    But that's $10 extra every month regardless of whether you're in the US or not. Unless you're a very frequent traveler to the US, your plan will be more expensive than RLH.

Feedback Score
    That's only worth it for people if they go to the states for more than 20 days a year.
    Last edited by Jaylay14; 09-05-2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    But that's $10 extra every month regardless of whether you're in the US or not. Unless you're a very frequent traveler to the US, your plan will be more expensive than RLH.
    I'm in the USA multiple times per week as I live in Fort Erie (right across the river from Buffalo) and my girlfriend lives in Buffalo. So to me the $10/month is much much much cheaper than the per day charge. On top of that, the $10 monthly charge does include USA long distance calling and text messaging while in Canada as well.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the USA multiple times per week as I live in Fort Erie (right across the river from Buffalo) and my girlfriend lives in Buffalo. So to me the $10/month is much much much cheaper than the per day charge. On top of that, the $10 monthly charge does include USA long distance calling and text messaging while in Canada as well.
    You should consider switching to T-Mobile or AT&T. Canada roaming is included and you would save a ton.