Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Verizon Usually Offer Any Deals On Iphones When A New Iphone Is Released?

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Does Verizon Usually Offer Any Deals On Iphones When A New Iphone Is Released?

My wife's Iphone 6 is in need of replacement and at this point I told her that she might as well wait for the Iphone 8 or whatever it's going to be called. Does Verizon usually offer any deals when a new Iphone is released or maybe around the holiday season?

Feedback Score
    They do. Should be announced same day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    If you don't need the latest and greatest, the iPhone 7 will be discounted after the 8 or X is announced on Sept 12th.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Yep. Last year they gave away the iPhones for free ($650 value) if you signed up for unlimited. I don't know if I would expect much of a deal on the 8 until Black Friday since it is going to be so limited in supply, but I would expect the 7s to have some kind of deal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    If you don't need the latest and greatest, the iPhone 7 will be discounted after the 8 or X is announced on Sept 12th.
    Usually she does purchase the previous model at a discount but I told her that this might be one time where it would be worth getting the latest & greatest.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It depends on what you consider to be a deal. Generally, the promotions are related to trading in an older generation device in good condition and having any promotional credit they give for it split over 24 months on a device payment agreement for the new device.

This isn't a problem for most people, but just to clarify there is generally never a straight discount on the device itself.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah the promotional bill credits is pretty much exactly what I was referring to. I know there aren't any straight discounts on Apple products especially when they're new.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    Yeah the promotional bill credits is pretty much exactly what I was referring to. I know there aren't any straight discounts on Apple products especially when they're new.
    That's not quite true. You can get straight discounts, it's just usually not when they are brand new. Recently, some retailer was offering $150-$300 off if you sign up for DPP w/ Verizon and last year Verizon direct (online only and only lasted 3-4 days) offered $300 off, but those offers were on iPhones that were at least 9 months old.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    That's not quite true. You can get straight discounts, it's just usually not when they are brand new. Recently, some retailer was offering $150-$300 off if you sign up for DPP w/ Verizon and last year Verizon direct (online only and only lasted 3-4 days) offered $300 off, but those offers were on iPhones that were at least 9 months old.
    Last November, I got the iPhone 7 from Best Buy for just $1
    (plus tax on the full retail price of phone), by renewing 24-month
    contract.... the good old days. Guess we'll never see deals like
    that ever again >

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    Last November, I got the iPhone 7 from Best Buy for just $1
    (plus tax on the full retail price of phone), by renewing 24-month
    contract.... the good old days. Guess we'll never see deals like
    that ever again >
    Yeah, but that's only a $170 discount if you stay for 2 years after you adjust for the higher access fee, so not particularly special. By comparison, most retailers were offering $200-$250 in gift cards and discounts on the iPhone 7 w/ some offering free/waived activation. A $200-$250?gift card is not necessarily better than saving $170 over 2 years, but not necessarily worse either since you can sell the gift cards.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    On Black friday I got $650 trade in credit for an iPhone (“good working order.”) I think they did something similar prior to that.
    I was reading an article yesterday that said deals won’t be as good this year because carrier price wars are cooling off but I would expect to se something between now and Jan 1. They do try to get people before and after Christmas if you can wait that long.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, but that's only a $170 discount if you stay for 2 years after you adjust for the higher access fee, so not particularly special. By comparison, most retailers were offering $200-$250 in gift cards and discounts on the iPhone 7 w/ some offering free/waived activation. A $200-$250?gift card is not necessarily better than saving $170 over 2 years, but not necessarily worse either since you can sell the gift cards.
    You were assuming the plan they were on had different access fees under contract, which is not always the case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by publicjesse View Post
    You were assuming the plan they were on had different access fees under contract, which is not always the case.
    Honestly no real reason to assume the exception is the norm though. Most accounts under contract pay a different access fee than not under contract and most of the time the contract line fee is higher, that’s the norm with Verizon plans. Exceptions do exist.

Feedback Score
    Honestly no real reason to assume the exception is the norm though. Most accounts under contract pay a different access fee than not under contract and most of the time the contract line fee is higher, that’s the norm with Verizon plans. Exceptions do exist.
    With the old legacy UDP plan and 700-minute that I still have, I'm paying $63 less a month than the current new UDP plans. Even the Verizon corporate store manager told me to keep my old plans until the contracts end in Sepember(line 1 &2) and November(line 3) of 2018. Part of the reason is my corporate discount is applied. The new Verizon UDP plans do not allow for corporate discounts.

Feedback Score
    Last year I got the 7 Plus for $20 a month vs the usual $36 a month. Over the 24 months it was $480 instead of $864. This was a promotion they had in December not when the iPhone came out in September.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast