Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iphone se .....

Feedback Score

Iphone se .....

Do you have one? Your thoughts? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 people on my plan have the SE. They both like the size of the SE compared to the 6S/7. Neither has any desire to upgrade to a bigger iPhone. Both are hoping the rumors are true that Apple will release an updated SE in 2018.

Feedback Score
    I have one I keep as a spare/travel phone. It's awesome and powerful but I'm just too used to the 7+ size now to consider moving to that small of a phone as a daily driver. They are great and cheap if you're going somewhere that you don't want to risk your bigger, more expensive phone though. I bought it for $260 in March this year with 64Gb and got it unlocked from T-Mobile within a week. Still probably worth $200 or so, but no reason to not keep it for a while.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Very solid phone if you have to have iOS with FaceTime and iMessage. But really if you don't mind android there's many phones out there for less than $50 with a larger screen that do the same thing.
    Last edited by blacksurfer; 09-05-2017 at 06:45 PM.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Very solid phone if you have to have iOS with FaceTime and iMessage. But really if you don't mind android there many phones out there for less than $50 with a larger screen that do the same thing.
    The build quality and durability of the $50 Androids pales in comparison to the SE and many other Android phones priced similar to the SE. Swapping between iOS and Android or Android to iOS is easy and most users would have no trouble with either OS.

Many people actually prefer the smaller screen size because it is easier to carry without the bulge in the back pocket or front pocket. Android has a void on quality phones in this size range.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The build quality and durability of the $50 Androids pales in comparison to the SE and many other Android phones priced similar to the SE. Swapping between iOS and Android or Android to iOS is easy and most users would have no trouble with either OS.

Many people actually prefer the smaller screen size because it is easier to carry without the bulge in the back pocket or front pocket. Android has a void on quality phones in this size range.
    I'm an Apple fanboy and all my family uses iphones, but if money is an issue and people don't want to spend $149 on an iphone SE, the Moto E4 (verizon unlocked for GSM) for $39 is a remarkable Android phone for the price. It has a fingerprint sensor and Nougat OS. So $150 vs $39 and for me, after using both, the Android would be fine if I wanted to save $$$.

Feedback Score
    We got my wife a SE from GoPhone for $199 when that first started and she loves it. She gets phenomenal battery life compared to other phones I have used. We both love the small size and I am sorely tempted to get one to replace my Nexus 5X.

Feedback Score
    I'm an Apple fanboy and all my family uses iphones, but if money is an issue and people don't want to spend $149 on an iphone SE, the Moto E4 (verizon unlocked for GSM) for $39 is a remarkable Android phone for the price. It has a fingerprint sensor and Nougat OS. So $150 vs $39 and for me, after using both, the Android would be fine if I wanted to save $$$.
    The 5" screen size is too big for the 2 on my account who prefer the SE smaller screen size. Apple even recognized this group's preference when the SE launched between the 6S and 7. My wife would still be using her old 5S if Apple had not released the SE.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 6 , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    the Moto E4 (verizon unlocked for GSM) for $39 is a remarkable Android phone for the price. It has a fingerprint sensor and Nougat OS. So $150 vs $39 and for me, after using both, the Android would be fine if I wanted to save $$$.
    The price also includes Google knowing everything about what you do with the phone, too. But if you're already using their apps elsewhere, there's no more to lose. I do agree the E4 is a great phone for the money for people who don't care one way or the other; I've recommended it to others.

I do have an SE; bought it when my 6 passed on. I never cottoned to the 6's size -- for me it was not pocketable, which made it a pain to have with me at all times. It's not like I play games or watch video on my phone so I really did not take advantage of the additional screen real estate. I'm very happy with my SE and would hate to see Apple discontinue it anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveinmn View Post
    I do have an SE; bought it when my 6 passed on. I never cottoned to the 6's size -- for me it was not pocketable, which made it a pain to have with me at all times. It's not like I play games or watch video on my phone so I really did not take advantage of the additional screen real estate. I'm very happy with my SE and would hate to see Apple discontinue it anytime soon.
    On the Mac rumor boards, an SE 2 will be released 1st quarter 2018 based on the iPhone 7 hardware which is similar to the original SE release. My wife is waiting for the SE 2 before she upgrades.

Carrier
    guess
    Feedback Score
    I went from the 5s to 6s. I wish I bought the SE instead. I like the smaller phone. The 4 was the best size.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I miss the se i had. Was a pretty good phone and not bulky. Played with a friends 7 plus, it was a nice phone for sure but slightly big for my tastes

Feedback Score
    By the way, the SE camera is much better than the Moto E camera. SE camera is actually excellent in normal to bright light, but falls down a bit in dimmer conditions. I hope, hope, hope some companies continue to make quality smaller phones with good cameras or I am going back to a cheapo phone and a compact camera. I don't want to carry around a waffle iron in my pocket.

Feedback Score
    The SE is just a 6s with a smaller screen. I'd avoid the 16Gb model, all the rest models are fine. After using larger phones for a long time, the SE is very refreshing because it fits in a tight front pocket and is unobtrusive. The only caveat is that the old design is lacking some of the very latest LTE bands, so check with the intended carrier to make sure it will work fully.

There are two models, but the A1723 (used by Sprint mostly) includes the LTE bands commonly used in China and one of the bands used by Canadian carriers (40,41). So that model is better than the A1662 model which lacks them.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keason View Post

There are two models, but the A1723 (used by Sprint mostly) includes the LTE bands commonly used in China and one of the bands used by Canadian carriers (40,41). So that model is better than the A1662 model which lacks them.
    Yeah, except A1723 lacks band 13, so you can't put it on Verizon or any Verizon MVNOs. Also, the A1723 is only available as a Sprint phone in the US, so if you want to put it on AT&T or TM, you have to deal with the hassle of getting it unlocked. A1662 has all Verizon and TM bands, and only lacks band 30 for AT&T and band 41 for Sprint, neither of which are critical for most users of those networks (and A1723 also lacks band 30). If using the phone outside the US, A1723 could be superior, but in the 48 continental states, A1662 generally wins for the vast majority of users.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast