Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Update 2: Confirmed that iPhone 8/8+ and X works flawlessly on Freedom's Band 66 LTE (including 3G to LTE switches)

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    I might be stupid with my question. But here it goes:

I am with Koodo and they use 3g for calls and LTE for data, just like freedom.

Once the new iphones are out, why would them work the same like they work on Koodo?
    It goes back and forth when u make a call.
    The issue is that some phones purchased from 3rd party vendors won't rescan for LTE after the phone call.

There is a software disconnect that Freedom has patched on the phones they sell.

Some people believe that this is anti-competitive monkeying with the network or phones.

VoLTE is good for streamlining the use of the available spectrum Freedom has. But it isn't necessary, as Telus proves with their setup on your phone, as long as the rescan takes place after the call.

Sent from my XT1563 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Desire 601
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Once the new iphones are out, why would them work the same like they work on Koodo?
    That is how it is supposed to work, it has been working for years on Canadian and U.S. networks.

But Freedom is preventing this for phones that dont come directly from them because they use different software. Rumor is that Freedom only wants you to buy from them directly.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using HoFo mobile app
    I will never buy an HTC ever again! (two broke within 4 years, which were well taken care of)

Learn about price collusion, https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...n_of_canadian/ Canada has the highest utility rates in the G7 countries. Say no to price collusion, be informed of the CCTS, Industry Canada and the CRTC. The working class needs affordability in today's society.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz0311 View Post
    But Freedom is preventing this for phones that dont come directy from them...
    Rumor is that Freedom only wants you to buy from them directly.
    shaz.. you're ignoring what's been posted and perpetuating FUD.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Former Mobilicity Subscriber)
    Feedback Score

In a "perfect world" yes, this is the way it's supposed to work. Not with Freedom and Band 66 apparently, for some users. I say some because it works for some and doesn't work for others. I have my phone set for LTE, but it's on 3G at the moment, which is what it's supposed to do. If they light up the new spectrum, nobody would know the difference. But the 3G network will stay with us for a few years at least as a fallback.

The new iPhones are International versions, so they will work on any carrier in the world, but this time they will have CDMA/GSM models and GSM models only. I have a CDMA/GSM model.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markf_2 View Post
    This is incredibly dramatic. It's not make or break for Freedom. They have over a million subs who obviously don't care about official iPhone status or not.

Freedom is a low cost carrier, plain and simple. Who in their right mind is going to pay upwards of $70 per month for a top of the line iPhone X (over 2 years, if interest free) then skimp out on service?

I'm not with Freedom for their rock solid service. I have 5 lines with them for my family because for the price of a high priced Rogers line, I have 5 lines with 8 GB home, 1 GB roaming and don't have to worry about overages. I'm with them because my phone isn't the be all and end all of my life, so if a call goes to voicemail because I'm in a dead spot, or I can't access data, I'm not going to die.

I would imagine 95% of Freedom customers would jump ship if the Big 3 offered them the same plans and prices that they get from Freedom, with plans that don't increase over time.

Sent from my Passport using HoFo mobile app
    If you're looking at VoLTE and VoWiFi, yes. If certain Android phones can access this, but not iPhones, that's a huge problem. But with the $70.00 a month to subsidize your phone, I will agree with you on that. And I also agree about the phone. I figure, "so what, I'll get everything when I'm back on the network. When I got my 6S Plus, I ran the price I paid for it and divided it by 24 (including the tax). Came out with $50.00. Now if I were to get a 256GB version of the 8 or 8 Plus, then I'd probably hit over that.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Desire 601
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    shaz.. you're ignoring what's been posted and perpetuating FUD.
    I don't mean to provide FUD, but stating a fact that a resolution is not in the works. I have wanted to buy new phones, perhaps from third party sources for LTE, but stopped dead in my tracks after I heard of the issue first with the OP5.

I highly doubt it would be with the phone manufacturers, as using software that doesn't work correctly with some networks would cause backlash and issues. It sounds like a Freedom issue, perhaps not software wise, but network configuration with phones that don't have the GLW CSC.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I don't mean to provide FUD, but stating a fact that a resolution is not in the works. I have wanted to buy new phones, perhaps from third party sources for LTE, but stopped dead in my tracks after I heard of the issue first with the OP5.

I highly doubt it would be with the phone manufacturers, as using software that doesn't work correctly with some networks would cause backlash and issues. It sounds like a Freedom issue, perhaps not software wise, but network configuration with phones that don't have the GLW CSC.
    We'll find out on Friday for sure.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Apple iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Telus
    Feedback Score
    Following this thread for sure. Not going to switch to Freedom myself but LTE on an iPhone could be a game changer for Freedom

Feedback Score

I'm holding out on buying a new phone. I have no desire to buy a Samsung, the Sony XA1 is a bit too low end (although the price is fantastic) but the One Plus 5 seems to be an amazing middle ground.
    Rogers, Bell & Telus; three legalized criminal organizations in Canada supported by the Conservative Party of Canada with former employee running Canada's telecommunications regulations at the CRTC.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakz View Post
    Following this thread for sure. Not going to switch to Freedom myself but LTE on an iPhone could be a game changer for Freedom
    After the specs got out, I'm sure they took notice of that.

Feedback Score

Update: Confirmed that iPhone 8/8+ and X supports Freedom's Band 66 LTE

So, and the review of the new iphone by mobile syrup showed this: https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/19/i...review-canada/

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505828503.589396.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  181.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505828511.928236.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  163.3 KB

Freedom needs to do something about it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So, and the review of the new iphone by mobile syrup showed this: https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/19/i...review-canada/

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505828503.589396.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  181.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505828511.928236.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  163.3 KB

Freedom needs to do something about it.
    And extremely quick. No way in ****ing hell iPhone users will put up with that nonsense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post
    And extremely quick. No way in ****ing hell iPhone users will put up with that nonsense.
    I was waiting for the new iphone to go back to Freedom. But, I guess I will have to stick with Koodo.
    I like Freedom and I support them, but they have to fix this by yesterday.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was waiting for the new iphone to go back to Freedom. But, I guess I will have to stick with Koodo.
    I like Freedom and I support them, but they have to fix this by yesterday.
    Also from that there is no way in hell they can blame the iPhone 8 series. It's definitely Freedom's fault now. They have until Friday to fix it. No excuse will fly, even "we're working on it". This is also critical for Apple to approve the network. But we've also got Bands 7 and 13 as well hat have not been lit up. They might need to work on that sooner or later. Apple is notoriously picky on network certification. One is that all devices (Apple but it also applies to Android users) must be able to access LTE. If Apple does not approve the network you can kiss VoLTE and VoWiFi good bye. They will definitely not be able to implement that especially since VoWiFi is apparently an important thing to them.

They also need to get rid of the statement that "only phones that are obtained from Freedom are guaranteed to work on Band 66".

Apple definitely has the gun to Freedom's head now.

Feedback Score
    Awww well this is disappointing

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast