Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Update 2: Confirmed that iPhone 8/8+ and X works flawlessly on Freedom's Band 66 LTE (including 3G to LTE switches)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post

They also need to get rid of the statement that "only phones that are obtained from Freedom are guaranteed to work on Band 66".
    That statement doesnt work anymore. They better run and fix it.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    So, and the review of the new iphone by mobile syrup showed this: https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/19/i...review-canada/

Attachment 153972Attachment 153973

Freedom needs to do something about it.
    So doesn't this rule out the fact that this issue only applies to Qualcomm chips? I believe the new iphones here will be Intel-based, right? If people also are blaming band 66, then shouldn't T-mobile B66 areas act the same and show similar behavior? How come it's only with Freedom? So, now, who is to blame? Qualcomm? No... B66? No... Freedom? Perhaps?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Apple iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    So doesn't this rule out the fact that this issue only applies to Qualcomm chips? I believe the new iphones here will be Intel-based, right? If people also are blaming band 66, then shouldn't T-mobile B66 areas act the same and show similar behavior? How come it's only with Freedom? So, now, who is to blame? Qualcomm? No... B66? No... Freedom? Perhaps?
    iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X are indeed likely Intel supplied in models A1905, A1897 and A1901. A shame really. An influx of new customers was almost a certainty with low priced 6 and 8GB promo plans. But not without working LTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakz View Post
    iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X are indeed likely Intel supplied in models A1905, A1897 and A1901. A shame really. An influx of new customers was almost a certainty with low priced 6 and 8GB promo plans. But not without working LTE.
    They would increase so much their base with the new iphones. It is a shame. =\

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakz View Post
    So there goes the argument that a bunch of people here were making, defending Freedom...that it's Qualcomm's fault for not implementing B66 correctly on their chips...this seems to clearly be Freedom's fault, as no other phones are having trouble with B66 on T-mobile from what I can see...it's specifically Freedom's implementation that is broken

Feedback Score
    ... as no other phones are having trouble with B66 on T-mobile from what I can see...it's specifically Freedom's implementation that is broken
    Isn't T-Mobile VoLTE? In which case, phones don't drop to 3G for a call (or other reasons) and would not need to adjust back to LTE after the 3G event finished.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Former Mobilicity Subscriber)
    Feedback Score
    So there goes the argument that a bunch of people here were making, defending Freedom...that it's Qualcomm's fault for not implementing B66 correctly on their chips...this seems to clearly be Freedom's fault, as no other phones are having trouble with B66 on T-mobile from what I can see...it's specifically Freedom's implementation that is broken
    They could say that before the iPhone 8 series came out, when our OnePlus 5 users complained about this. But with that review alone, the argument that it's the phone's fault definitely flies out the window.

1000% Freedom's fault and they have until Friday to fix it. And like I said before iPhone users will not put up with the kind of ******** that our OnePlus 5 users had to. LTE on Band 66 has to work. Full stop. None of this tinkering around with the modem settings or restarting the phone. Either that or have Bands 7 and 13 lit to address the problem.

If it is not fixed, this will cost Freedom dearly, up to and including certification of the network by Apple. Apple definitely will not tolerate this.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by felipelordes View Post
    That statement doesnt work anymore. They better run and fix it.
    Oh no it won't. That's why I said Apple is holding the gun to Freedom's head now.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus (On The Way)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Man Freedom better fix this....an unusable iPhone is a problem. BYOD isn't going to be an option for Apple users.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jt325i View Post
    Man Freedom better fix this....an unusable iPhone is a problem. BYOD isn't going to be an option for Apple users.
    Wasn't I right? Not to brag, but all those times people said it was the modem and I said it wasn't? That you should not have to configure your phone to get on LTE on Band 66? That it was Freedom's fault? After that review on the 8 series who was right? I was. I said all along the network was screwed in regards to BYOB and Band 66. That review confirmed it.

An unusable iPhone 8 series on Freedom is not a problem. It's a major problem.

And like I said before iPhone users will definitely not put up with this ****ing crap.

I can see a complaint filed with the Feds already. There is no way now Freedom can blame the phone. Freedom either way will either have to fix it, be forced to fix it or will have to get all new equipment that is compatible with every Band 66 phone out there including iPhones, which would be expensive but who's to blame for that?

Device(s)
    ZTE Grand X 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Ok Driver, we've been through the ringer before. Here I go.

Wasn't I right? Not to brag, but all those times people said it was the modem and I said it wasn't? That you should not have to configure your phone to get on LTE on Band 66? That it was Freedom's fault? After that review on the 8 series who was right? I was. I said all along the network was screwed in regards to BYOB and Band 66. That review confirmed it.
    It's still the modem's fault. If users were able to do any mod to their phones to get it working on the Freedom network AT ALL (has been done), then it's the manufacturers fault at that point. It's definitely interesting seeing this behaviour from a Intel modem though, is their confirmation that MobileSyrup got the Intel iPhone and not the Qualcomm one? Like I've said before, if it works fine on the network after being modified (which has been done before), then resolution lies in the hands of the manufacturer, not Freedom.

An unusable iPhone 8 series on Freedom is not a problem. It's a major problem.

And like I said before iPhone users will definitely not put up with this ****ing crap.

I can see a complaint filed with the Feds already.
    There is a lot wrong in this bit, buddy. Freedom has survived for years without the iPhone, and they can continue to if they need. They aren't as desperate as you make them out to be, IMO. A complaint to the Feds would fall straight on it's face, Freedom, as well as any other carrier, can not allow certain devices on it's network if it so chooses, even though as I've pointed out, that's not the case.

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app
    Damn!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qag01 View Post
    Ok Driver, we've been through the ringer before. Here I go.

It's still the modem's fault. If users were able to do any mod to their phones to get it working on the Freedom network AT ALL (has been done), then it's the manufacturers fault at that point. It's definitely interesting seeing this behaviour from a Intel modem though, is their confirmation that MobileSyrup got the Intel iPhone and not the Qualcomm one? Like I've said before, if it works fine on the network after being modified (which has been done before), then resolution lies in the hands of the manufacturer, not Freedom.

There is a lot wrong in this bit, buddy. Freedom has survived for years without the iPhone, and they can continue to if they need. They aren't as desperate as you make them out to be, IMO. A complaint to the Feds would fall straight on it's face, Freedom, as well as any other carrier, can not allow certain devices on it's network if it so chooses, even though as I've pointed out, that's not the case.

It's not the modems fault either. The review on the iPhone 8 series clearly proved it. It also proves Freedom was provisioning their network to allow only their devices to access the network in regards to Band 66.

This would hold enormous weight should someone complain to the Feds. You get say an S8 and it works on Band 66 without issues, and works properly right? The way it should. Someone gets an 8 Plus, connects to LTE, all is fine and then this person's friend calls him, nice conversation about the hockey game or what not, hangs up and then cannot get back onto LTE without a restart? Provisioning. Clear as day. Doesn't matter if they used Qualcomm or Intel or Satan's modem. iPhone users will not put up with this (sorry, but it's true). The provisioning accusation comes from the BYOD thing Freedom has. The modem now has nothing to do with this (this also applies to out Android users that have a Band 66 phone that wasn't supplied by Freedom). Freedom is clearly provisioning and should be held accountable for those actions.

If they want to implement VoLTE and VoWiFi, the iPhone will be one of the crucial components. Apple will NEVER allow modifications to be done on their hardware.

Freedom is ****ed at this point. They clearly cannot continue without the iPhone. They could but with the iPhone 8 having Band 66, they can't afford to. So far I have not heard or seen discussions with Apple to allow the iPhone to be marketed in Freedom's stores (although that might be happening, we just don't know). That would also be a huge plus. I'm willing to bet our Android users if they saw an iPhone 8 series in Freedom's stores, even if they swear by Google would smile. They also know Apple certification would benefit them as well. They would see that as a positive thing. Freedom being authorized by Apple to market their devices. The best thing to do is to light up Bands 7 and 13 as quickly as possible. Although it would be good for the legacy devices, this would be a band-aid for Band 66. Who'd notice? Purists? If you walked into a Freedom store and saw an iPhone 8 there, even though you'd stay a thousand miles from it, I bet you'd either smile or think to yourself "this is good news if they don't screw up".

Name any provider in Canada that can survive without Apple. I'd say zero. I know the majority are Android users but Apple users do make up a good chunk of that.

Apple will not change the hardware, nor allow anyone to do so. Tim Cook will tell Shaw to f--- off. It's all Freedom's fault. That article proved it. And guess who we have to partially thank for all this? Our users that got S8 and OnePlus 5 units and whatever else is floating around out there with Band 66 that didn't come from Freedom. It was them that pointed out those issues. The iPhone 8 confirmation was just the nail in the coffin.

You point out Freedom can restrict devices on the network. You have also pointed out that's not the case, and me having an iPhone will agree with you. Anyone having a legacy iPhone will agree with you. Come Friday, they can no longer afford to do this. This is now proven to be extremely dangerous. It's now make or break with Band 66. They now must make all Band 66 devices access the network period without modification of any sort. If they continue to "provision" and choose what devices access the network, VoLTE and VoWifi are all dead as well as Apple certification of the network. We all suffer, Android and iPhone users alike. We all lose. Think about that for a minute. This might change when Bands 7 and 13 get lit up. For now, we will concentrate on Band 66.

You have stuck up for Freedom, we have all noticed that. You can no longer continue to do so. Almost everyone will be against you on this.
    Last edited by Driver8666; 09-19-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Device(s)
    ZTE Grand X 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    It's not the modems fault either. The review on the iPhone 8 series clearly proved it. It also proves Freedom was provisioning their network to allow only their devices to access the network in regards to Band 66.

This would hold enormous weight should someone complain to the Feds. You get say an S8 and it works on Band 66 without issues, and works properly right? The way it should. Someone gets an 8 Plus, connects to LTE, all is fine and then this person's friend calls him, nice conversation about the hockey game or what not, hangs up and then cannot get back onto LTE without a restart? Provisioning. Clear as day. Doesn't matter if they used Qualcomm or Intel or Satan's modem. iPhone users will not put up with this (sorry, but it's true). The provisioning accusation comes from the BYOD thing Freedom has. The modem now has nothing to do with this (this also applies to out Android users that have a Band 66 phone that wasn't supplied by Freedom). Freedom is clearly provisioning and should be held accountable for those actions.

If they want to implement VoLTE and VoWiFi, the iPhone will be one of the crucial components. Apple will NEVER allow modifications to be done on their hardware.

Freedom is ****ed at this point. They clearly cannot continue without the iPhone. So far I have not heard or seen discussions with Apple to allow the iPhone to be marketed in Freedom's stores (although that might be happening, we just don't know). That would also be a huge plus. I'm willing to bet our Android users if they saw an iPhone 8 series in Freedom's stores, even if they swear by Google would smile. They also know Apple certification would benefit them as well. The best thing to do is to light up Bands 7 and 13 as quickly as possible. Although it would be good for the legacy devices, this would be a band-aid for Band 66. Who'd notice? Purists?

Name any provider in Canada that can survive without Apple. I'd say zero. I know the majority are Android users but Apple users do make up a good chunk of that.

Apple will not change the hardware, nor allow anyone to do so. Tim Cook will tell Shaw to f--- off. It's all Freedom's fault. That article proved it. And guess who we have to partially thank for all this? Our users that got S8 and OnePlus 5 units and whatever else is floating around out there with Band 66 that didn't come from Freedom. It was them that pointed out those issues. The iPhone 8 confirmation was just the nail in the coffin.

You point out Freedom can restrict devices on the network. You have also pointed out that's not the case, and me having an iPhone will agree with you. Anyone having a legacy iPhone will agree with you. Come Friday, they can no longer afford to do this. It's now make or break with Band 66. They now must make all Band 66 devices access the network period without modification of any sort. If they continue to "provision" and choose what devices access the network, VoLTE and VoWifi are all dead as well as Apple certification of the network. We all suffer, Android and IPhone users alike. Think about that for a minute. This might change when Bands 7 and 13 get lit up, but for now we will concentrate on Band 66. VoLTE and VoWiFi are priorities for Shaw and Freedom. This will all be dead if they continue to "provision" Band 66 and not have Bands 7 and 13 lit before the end of the year, early 2018 at the latest.
    They aren't doing this on purpose. I 100% agree the issue is Freedom's network, we're on the same page here. What I'm saying, though, is the only way this can be resolved is if the modem manufacturers push phone manufacturers to include these values in the phones. Freedom spent a lot of money on the equipment from Nokia, Throwing it away and switching to different equipment​ just isn't an option. I very much doubt Nokia is interested in standardizing their hardware, they were already paid by Freedom, the job's done and they will only perform minor updates and maintenance from here on out. We should be pointing the finger at Nokia, it's very clear there at fault here. The problem now is that Freedom is pretty powerless in this situation. I'd imagine they are trying their best to get the manufacturers to include these values in their phones. Purpously blocking devices, especially iPhones, is like holding a loaded gun to their heads when trying to win users back, and I very much doubt that's the case. If we're going to blame someone for this issue, let's blame the right entity, Nokia

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qag01 View Post
    They aren't doing this on purpose. I 100% agree the issue is Freedom's network, we're on the same page here. What I'm saying, though, is the only way this can be resolved is if the modem manufacturers push phone manufacturers to include these values in the phones. Freedom spent a lot of money on the equipment from Nokia, Throwing it away and switching to different equipment​ just isn't an option. I very much doubt Nokia is interested in standardizing their hardware, they were already paid by Freedom, the job's done and they will only perform minor updates and maintenance from here on out. We should be pointing the finger at Nokia, it's very clear there at fault here. The problem now is that Freedom is pretty powerless in this situation. I'd imagine they are trying their best to get the manufacturers to include these values in their phones. Purpously blocking devices, especially iPhones, is like holding a loaded gun to their heads when trying to win users back, and I very much doubt that's the case. If we're going to blame someone for this issue, let's blame the right entity, Nokia

Now that, I will agree with you on. Totally. 100%. No, 10000000000000000000000%. No arguments from me. And it also looks like even though I edited my last response and said you were favouring Freedom, I take that back. 10000000000000000%. Now this will be a better explanation beyond the article. Even if you have mentioned it before the iPhone 8 was reviewed.

Everyone will agree with that statement, along with me.

Device(s)
    Motorola X Play
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Now that, I will agree with you on. Totally. 100%. No, 10000000000000000000000%. No arguments from me. And it also looks like even though I edited my last response and said you were favouring Freedom, I take that back. 10000000000000000%. Now this will be a better explanation beyond the article. Even if you have mentioned it before the iPhone 8 was reviewed.

Everyone will agree with that statement, along with me.

To say the problem is Nokia’s fault is a gross simplification. Operation of the network is Freedom’s responsibility, as is the consumer experience. When the first B66 problems started to appear with the Android phones, Freedom should have been discussing the issue with Nokia, not “band-aiding” the problem with provioning tricks. They should have been beating Nokia senseless until a properly functioning B66 was acheived. The took the easy way out, and decided to not fix B66 so that it worked in an industry standard fashion. The problem is in the equipment, however, the responsibility for not addressing the issue when it first became apparent is with Freedom. They wrote the equipment specs, and they operate the network. Equipment manifacturers will deliver what is asked for.

Freedom needs to get their network in order. They cannot continue to deviate from standards much longer. They cannot have non-standard VoIP implementations, nor B66 handover problems and expect to be a viable alternative to the Big 3. Why do only certain phones work on VoIP? VoIP is pretty well understood by now, and is built into both Android and iOS, yet only certain phones sold by Freedom work. Samsung S8 doesn’t, and may never will, because Freedom can’t get Samsung to write the firmware for Freedom’s VoIP implementation. If Freedom had implemented a standard VoIP imlementation, this wouldn’t have been needed, or an issue. Same goes for the current B66 hand over issue. This should have been addressed when it first came up with the Android phones. It wasn’t,and is now an issue with not only the earlier Android phones, but will be with the new iPhones as well.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast