Thread: Free Trial of LTE

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Free Trial of LTE

Got a message from Wind today:

Our new LTE network is now in Ottawa. In celebration we're giving you access to trial our LTE network free for 90 days! frdm.mobi/ltetrial
    The link is http://www.freedommobile.ca/my-accou...ree-lte-trial/

It says that the offer ends in 90 days and then you must switch plans to stay on LTE, but if they have configured their network to enable old plans to access LTE, they now have a mechanism to allow it. I wonder if after 90 days if they will allow us to negotiate access to LTE on grandfathered plans?

Has anyone else gotten this message, or have more of a scoop on Freedom's strategy here?
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    More information from iPhone in Canada:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/shaw/fr...day-lte-trial/

Seems like you need to have been with Wind/Freedom for at least three years to be offered this.

Device(s)
    LG V20/Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile/Fido
    Feedback Score
    The main reason for this is probably to try to get as many people onto LTE so that they can re-farm 3G spectrum to LTE. Freedom in the Ottawa area only has 20Mhz of AWS Spectrum, but only 5Mhz available for LTE currently. They do not have any AWS-3 (Band 66) or Band 7 or 12/13 Spectrum. So essentially, the more people that they can get on LTE in Ottawa, the better they can make the LTE connection.

I've personally not had any issues with LTE in Ottawa, and hope that everything goes good for you too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo24 View Post
    The main reason for this is probably to try to get as many people onto LTE so that they can re-farm 3G spectrum to LTE. Freedom in the Ottawa area only has 20Mhz of AWS Spectrum, but only 5Mhz available for LTE currently. They do not have any AWS-3 (Band 66) or Band 7 or 12/13 Spectrum. So essentially, the more people that they can get on LTE in Ottawa, the better they can make the LTE connection.

I've personally not had any issues with LTE in Ottawa, and hope that everything goes good for you too.
    Are you sure it's not 10 for LTE? 5x5 LATE and 5x5 HSPA?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using HoFo mobile app