Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma is going to be a real stress test for T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    It seems like all the carriers were as prepared as possible from talking to friends in FL. I haven't heard much about sprint though

A neighbor has a house and boat in marathon. As of yet his friends near there haven't been able to go and check to see if he still has either one

He's not even worried about the property as long as lives arent lost he's happy.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else having issues in Atl, Ga area?

Having intermittent data outages with my Simple Mobile service. Pretty rare for me.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    lost service in ft Lauderdale Sunday around 2pm and got phone service back this morning around 10am. still have no internet service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    " The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price has faded from memory" > Aldo Gucci

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Hurricane Irma is going to be a real stress test for T-Mobile.

Making calls has been spotty at times as well as data but overall it's been ok

Update: south Clearwater 33756 has no service, many places there are without power and the two places I went (my parents house and my business) neither had power or service at all. I got 1 bar LTE at SR 60 and made a call but it dropped after a few minutes. Phone finally went to E and a flood of texts came in. At my house 33765 I have LTE and data is ok just slow and calls seem to work
    Last edited by bolthead; 09-11-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Service is spotty in Oviedo FL area. Went between E and LTE on band 12. Local tower has generators on it for att and Verizon, doesn’t look like Tmobile does.
    Verizon Unlimited Plan
    T-Mobile 3 Lines UNL Data $100 W/14GB of Hotspot
    AT&T Unlimited iPad Data

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb View Post
    Service is spotty in Oviedo FL area. Went between E and LTE on band 12. Local tower has generators on it for att and Verizon, doesn’t look like Tmobile does.
    I know some people in Oviedo who have ATT and they have no service they tell me but people who have Verizon have service. No one I know has T-Mobile service so can't comment on them.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully everyone made it out safe
    Last edited by themanhimself; 09-12-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Feedback Score
    Im in Spring Hill FL (Tampa bay area ) nothing except GSM and text worked until a few hours ago for us here on T Mobile.

Not sure if it's related but the T Mobile LTE and data went down almost at the same time as the power outage. Was without data on T Mobile for 24 hours and over.

Verizon voice and high speed data worked just fine , worth mentioning.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Finally seem to have my service back. Hi speed data and all!

Edit: Well, did about a solid hour of Youtube, but then data dropped out again.

Back to just being able to read emails, and sporadic bursts of usable data speeds. Off more than on.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gwite; 09-12-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    Just on with friend in Ft Myers. Data speeds very low. Kept complaining he couldn't watch anything.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamssx View Post
    Just on with friend in Ft Myers. Data speeds very low. Kept complaining he couldn't watch anything.
    I remember when the Feds came to take Elián González away, people were claiming that they had somehow shut down cell service because cell calls wouldn't connect. People just don't realize the meaning of limited capacity. When hundreds of people try to jump on a cell and make calls, check YouTube, etc. the system will stall. When there's a disaster many people feel the overpowering need to get on the phone and "process their feelings." I know I was part of the crush that brought the NHC's website to its knees, last week. People need to understand, if you can send an receive texts, you have communications.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    no signal sense yesterday im in miami and we didnt get the brunt of the storm.....my other phone on att never lost service go figure. they claim and advertise they have the best network on the planet...is times like this when u truly know who has the better infrastructure and is not tmobile is ATT their not the phone company for nothing.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsungUser77 View Post
    no signal sense yesterday im in miami and we didnt get the brunt of the storm.....my other phone on att never lost service go figure. they claim and advertise they have the best network on the planet...is times like this when u truly know who has the better infrastructure and is not tmobile is ATT their not the phone company for nothing.
    What part of Miami? I was able to do 4 con calls with employees using T-Mobile phones in the city from Los Angeles yesterday afternoon.

AT&T and Verizon have definitely been out in different parts of the city too. Every carrier has been affected depending on location.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Hurricane Irma is going to be a real stress test for T-Mobile.

T-Mobile has really struggled to maintain usability since the storm. Many of the users on my account have found the service barely usable for simple SMS. LTE data has been useless and calls over edge or gsm are so garbled it's pointless to even try. Having Wi-Fi at home has allowed me to use Wi-Fi calling but others without power haven't got that option. I did a network scan earlier when my iPhone was showing no service and my co workers AT&T and sprint phones both had signal and T-Mobile was the lone no show.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505272764.615115.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505273210.829390.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  53.7 KB

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ and Ipad Mini 4 + Iphone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid :), T-mobile :( , Cricket :[ , Xfinity Mobile by Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Service has been a piece **** all over Florida failed as a carrier. I had Verizon only lost internet but had voice and text the whole entire time.

"Fudge a Contract its So 1990's"
    Xfi-Mobile by VZW $45
    Unlimited 4G LTE
    Unlimited Talk & Text
    VOLTE
    Comcast Wifi Hotspot
    20 GB of LTE
    No Wi-Fi calling
    NO Mobile hotspot :/

AT&T WIRELESS, SPRINT PCS, T-MOBILE USA, at&t, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile from 2/2017 - 5/2017 (Service is ****** in Florida, South Carolina :/) Cricket 5/17 - 6/17, Xfinity Mobile 6/17 - Present.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast