Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma is going to be a real stress test for T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Things are humming along this morning 🙄

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505395658.316580.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  221.2 KB

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    .....Verizon likes to have generators on a lot of towers where feasible and T-Mobile wants that also, and especially in the past they couldn't afford it. They can afford more now and hopefully that increases continuously. Last time I talked to Neville online he stated that T-Mobile wants their backup power to be much much better as time goes by and their growth should help provide resources for that. Sounds promising to me
    A generator, by itself does not assure continuity of service. Your backhaul provider also has to harden their facilities. T-Mobile is fairly creative in finding less expensive backhaul.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    True but any progress they make is a good thing toward having more of a total package.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't met anyone on any network in South East Florida that didn't have problems with their network. That includes Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint they all had issues and had times they didn't work or had no data. Comcast/Xfinity had large outages even 12 hours befor the storm arrived all over and they are a major backhaul fiber provider for all four networks. FP&L also had wide area electric outages and they are also a major fiber backhaul provider for all four networks. There was times I had no data but I never had any times with T-Mobile that I couldn't make voice calls after waiting a minute or two for Network busy or Redial. One thing for sure T-Mobile worked better than AT&T did in my area since I had to lend some AT&T customer my phone to make a call.

Feedback Score
    It's fair to say that Verizon appears to have fared better through it all but I think T-Mobile definitely deserves credit overall. Work has a satellite office in south FL and from what the employees have stated T-Mobile held up much better than expected and even some with att phones borrowed Verizon and T-Mobile phones to make calls. In fact they saw quite a few people topping off generators for T-Mobile ahead of the storm. 6 or 7 years ago that was most likely unheard of. Once the backup batteries were dead that was it

T-Mobile isn't quite there yet with their backup power nationwide but they are getting there (in my opinion). They seemed to handle it much better than the storms of past.

Verizon likes to have generators on a lot of towers where feasible and T-Mobile wants that also, and especially in the past they couldn't afford it. They can afford more now and hopefully that increases continuously. Last time I talked to Neville online he stated that T-Mobile wants their backup power to be much much better as time goes by and their growth should help provide resources for that. Sounds promising to me
    I agree. Seeing progress in one area gives us hope for improvements in other areas
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    It's fair to say that Verizon appears to have fared better through it all but I think T-Mobile definitely deserves credit overall.
    It's nice to see the strides T-Mobile has made but give Verizon some credit. They did pretty well overall but then again their customers expected it and no doubt would of been disappointed had the network performed 'as good' as T-Mobile. Compare that to T-Mobile customers who are conditioned to expect a lower bar so any upside surprise makes them come across as the most improved. It's tough being #1.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Oh I was giving both Verizon and T-Mobile credit. The emphasis on T-Mobile is due to them not always getting the deserved credit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    It's nice to see the strides T-Mobile has made but give Verizon some credit. They did pretty well overall but then again their customers expected it and no doubt would of been disappointed had the network performed 'as good' as T-Mobile. Compare that to T-Mobile customers who are conditioned to expect a lower bar so any upside surprise makes them come across as the most improved. It's tough being #1.
    We know you are a Verizon fanboy but boy your stuffs getting pretty thick it's hard to stomach

Maybe try to be less biased. Even when people compliment Verizon it's still not enough big red worship for you. The cell world doesn't revolve around just Verizon.

Feedback Score
    It's fair to say that Verizon appears to have fared better through it all but I think T-Mobile definitely deserves credit overall. Work has a satellite office in south FL and from what the employees have stated T-Mobile held up much better than expected and even some with att phones borrowed Verizon and T-Mobile phones to make calls. In fact they saw quite a few people topping off generators for T-Mobile ahead of the storm. 6 or 7 years ago that was most likely unheard of. Once the backup batteries were dead that was it

T-Mobile isn't quite there yet with their backup power nationwide but they are getting there (in my opinion). They seemed to handle it much better than the storms of past.

Verizon likes to have generators on a lot of towers where feasible and T-Mobile wants that also, and especially in the past they couldn't afford it. They can afford more now and hopefully that increases continuously. Last time I talked to Neville online he stated that T-Mobile wants their backup power to be much much better as time goes by and their growth should help provide resources for that. Sounds promising to me
    Is that why T Mobile data was down , due to my areas power outage?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    We know you are a Verizon fanboy but boy your stuffs getting pretty thick it's hard to stomach

Maybe try to be less biased. Even when people compliment Verizon it's still not enough big red worship for you. The cell world doesn't revolve around just Verizon.
    The troll of hyperbole lives!

Never had Verizon. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Oh I was giving both Verizon and T-Mobile credit. The emphasis on T-Mobile is due to them not always getting the deserved credit.
    Understood, we know how Verizon gets all the credit they deserve, especially on this forum lol.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    Is that why T Mobile data was down , due to my areas power outage?
    Was data down or just highly congested? There could be two sets of backhaul, one fast, the other slow. If the fast one goes down, it could reduce capacity to just voice and text. Also, if everyone is streaming the weather channel, the available data capacity gets clogged up PDQ.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Understood, we know how Verizon gets all the credit they deserve, especially on this forum lol.
    You do come across as being anti T-Mobile a little too much. I guess you don't have a job and just troll the forums

Feedback Score
    I am wondering how many places that have enough storms to have generators on hand are also in areas served by natural gas lines. I have seen a number of things about individuals setting up generators at home that are permanently connected to their natural gas line rather than having to keep refueling with gas (the kind of gas that goes in a car). Then if the electric power goes off the generator kicks in on its own.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Not sure but would be cool if all the carriers could work it out where all towers would have gas or solar backup

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast