Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Hurricane Irma is going to be a real stress test for T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    This guy.... What a DB:

Attachment 154052
    People like him should be boycotted for trying to profit from others tragedy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    People like him should be boycotted for trying to profit from others tragedy.
    I fully disagree. Again being in the middle of one of the hardest hit areas I may have a different perspective over someone miles away who just watched what happened on TV. TMobile kind of failed here during the storm. People needed communication. It was well known throughout the area by Monday that people on Verizon were getting service. That's just the way it went. I would of loved it if TMobile performed well, it would of meant I had phone service after the storm, the truth behind it though was it dis not. That's disappointing, as ive said before radio announcers were pleading with Verizon reps to get in contact with them to switch service. They didn't mention TMobile by name, as the stations were owned by Beasley broadcasting and likely didn't want to upset any type of corporate sponsorships Beasley may or may not have with TMobile, but they made it very clear what carrier they had. I don't think most people here overly care about brand loyalty, or care about who they like better, they just wanted a service to work to communicate with family and right after the storm Verizon excelled here in that area. Unfortunately TMobile did not. It likely made some people question their carrier choice.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Yeah that's horrible. In times like that people (including the carriers) should band together to help where it's needed. That should be one time where competition takes a back seat.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    I fully disagree. Again being in the middle of one of the hardest hit areas I may have a different perspective over someone miles away who just watched what happened on TV

Not disputing you got hit harder than us but to claim we just watched it on TV as if nothing happened here is inaccurate, we had plenty of damage and lost T-Mobile service too! I wouldn't blame the guy for offering VZW service and even going as far as to say we are up and running and ready do business, I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with, which is where my comment was directed, is to show a competitions store in a down and out state and try and profit from that. No matter where I lived I still would've disagreed with that tactic.

Feedback Score
    I fully disagree. Again being in the middle of one of the hardest hit areas I may have a different perspective over someone miles away who just watched what happened on TV. TMobile kind of failed here during the storm. People needed communication. It was well known throughout the area by Monday that people on Verizon were getting service. That's just the way it went. I would of loved it if TMobile performed well, it would of meant I had phone service after the storm, the truth behind it though was it dis not. That's disappointing, as ive said before radio announcers were pleading with Verizon reps to get in contact with them to switch service. They didn't mention TMobile by name, as the stations were owned by Beasley broadcasting and likely didn't want to upset any type of corporate sponsorships Beasley may or may not have with TMobile, but they made it very clear what carrier they had. I don't think most people here overly care about brand loyalty, or care about who they like better, they just wanted a service to work to communicate with family and right after the storm Verizon excelled here in that area. Unfortunately TMobile did not. It likely made some people question their carrier choice.
    Different perspective is fine but the way that guy did it is the problem. Plus there are two sides to the story. I've heard from Verizon people that were frustrated with their service also

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    Not disputing you got hit harder than us but to claim we just watched it on TV as if nothing happened here is inaccurate, we had plenty of damage and lost T-Mobile service too! I wouldn't blame the guy for offering VZW service and even going as far as to say we are up and running and ready do business, I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with, which is where my comment was directed, is to show a competitions store in a down and out state and try and profit from that. No matter where I lived I still would've disagreed with that tactic.
    My comment wasn't directed personally at you, it was more an open ended comment. People who were affected will have a different opinion than people who were not. I can understand the thinking behind why would somebody do that, but I have a feeling if it was a T-Mobile employee showing a closed Verizon store it would be portrayed differently. I'm not mad at or bashing TMobile at all, I'm sure they did the best they could do during the storm. I fully realize TMobile just does not have the infrastructure that Verizon wireless does and I fully expected to lose service, but there were a lot of people who dont know this, who switched to TMobile based on advertising of equality or even better. If you were a T-Mobile customer having issues with service, and you see all your friends and family on Verizon not having issues, this tweet would look like it was sent from God himself if you saw it.

The more pressing problem to me isn't that someone else used the store being closed to try to gain something, it's why is the store still closed 11 days later? It looks like TMobile hasn't even been there to check on their location as the boards are still on the windows. The TMobile store I usually go to is the location in estero right across from coconut point Mall and that reopened Monday. So there are open TMobile locations around, just surprising they seem to have left that one abandoned.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ......just surprising they seem to have left that one abandoned.
    The lights appear out in the two adjacent stores, so power may not have been restored to that shopping center. I have not heard anyone here calling for generator backup power for cell phone stores, just for the network. So, yeah. I'd consider it a cheap shot unless shown otherwise.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    The lights appear out in the two adjacent stores, so power may not have been restored to that shopping center. I have not heard anyone here calling for generator backup power for cell phone stores, just for the network. So, yeah. I'd consider it a cheap shot unless shown otherwise.
    I'm not sure, Collier county only has around 1000 people without power right now, and shopping centers and major intersections were the one of the first to receive power. The adjacent store appear to be empty locations so them not lit up isn't any indication of power. People will feel differently about it, but the overwhelming majority of people out there are not pro TMobile or pro Verizon or pro anything, they just want to know what's open, where they can go, and what works. They are not going to care or going to call this a cheap shot. I'm sorry, they won't be offended by this. The only people who would be offended by this are people not in the area who have a vested interest in TMobile. It would be like Publix showing a closed Winn Dixie and saying that Winn Dixie isn't open yet but Publix is, people would just be thrilled Publix is open and won't have sympathy for poor Winn Dixie not being open, they will ask instead why isn't Winn Dixie open and why haven't they even been out to their store yet. The best way for TMobile or any carrier really to avoid tweets like this is to get someone out to their stores and get them open to help customers who need help. There really is no excuse for the store to still be boarded up like that looking abandoned 11 days later. Even if for whatever reason that location cannot open, put a sign up there directing people where they can go to get assistance with whatever they need.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ..... they just want to know what's open, where they can go, and what works. They are not going to care or going to call this a cheap shot. I'm sorry, they won't be offended by this. .....
    There are also something like nine T-Mobile company stores within 10 miles of Naples. If the stores to either side of this one are vacant, as you suggest, it may even indicate that this location was not yet fully functional. There's not enough information to draw hard conclusions but there is enough insinuation to lead people to believe that T-Mobile stores have not reopened.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    There are also something like nine T-Mobile company stores within 10 miles of Naples. If the stores to either side of this one are vacant, as you suggest, it may even indicate that this location was not yet fully functional. There's not enough information to draw hard conclusions but there is enough insinuation to lead people to believe that T-Mobile stores have not reopened.
    That could be, it's also not uncommon for the strip malls not to be full. During the middle 2000's when housing prices went through the roof right before the giant collapse they built tons of little strip malls like that, by the looks of it, it very well could be the one on the corner of thomasson and 41, which that mall also houses a Verizon, att and a Sprint retail location. That's just a guess based on the appearance of the outside of the location, but it's a very educated guess as ive lived 29 of my 30 years in this area and know the Southwest coast like the back of my hand. But, as I was saying after they built all these strip malls and the market collapsed the problem became too many strip malls, not enough retail outlets to fill them, it's a problem that still exists to this day. So you can't make a judgment on if it was operational or not based on the locations next to it being empty, that is very common, if you are looking for a retail location even a lot of these malls will give you a great deal on space, as they have an abundance of it. Even with that said, I don't think anyone down here will find this distasteful, again they are worried about what is open, not what isn't. As I've said in my first post here, in times of need reliability matters, this includes retail locations. Even if the store isn't open you would think TMobile cared enough about their location to at least remove the wood on it. That's Naples, looting was never going to be an issue, now with virtually all the county restored power wise it is not an issue. It appears to anyone who passed by that location, or sees that tweet that TMobile doesn't care about their location. I'm not saying that's true or not, but that's the appearance that gives away. Reliability in times of need matters. All Verizon retail locations also allowed anyone no matter what carrier they were on to use their stores as a charging location when most of the area was out of power, so again, I don't think anyone around here was offended by his post. TMobile kind of failed a lot of us down here. That's just the way it went down and it's unfortunate. I personally hold no animosity toward them for it, but I can see why some would. Put yourself in the shoes of someone down here, what would you remember more? This tweet by this guy or the fact verizon opened their stores up before anyone else and let you come in to charge your device and cool off? Verizon should be proud of how they responded here, i have nothing negative to say about verizon, and thats unfortunate because i was the one telling everyone on verizon they were dumb and they should switch to tmobile. Just my perspective on it.
    Last edited by ksych1; 09-22-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parishmc View Post
    horrible service in East Pembroke Pines, not usable at home. have to drive several miles to get a signal. I'm thinking to switch to Verizon after my first bill next week !

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Similar experience in the south Dade area. T-Mobile lost all signal around 6 AM on 9/10. On 9/12 I drove around for 5 miles and found places with 1-2 balls of signal but could not place a call or send a text. Minimal service was not restored until 9/13 and then it was very spotty for another week. I can't imagine what would happen if there were actual sustained hurricane winds.

Additionally I tried to call many friends and relatives throughout Dade county who use T-Mobile and they were unreachable for days.

T-Mobile was terribly unprepared, be it lack of backup power or reliable backhaul providers.

I have an AT&T data SIM in my laptop which had 0 issues. A Sprint dumbphone which kept working with full bars of signal and never had an issue placing a call. Finally a relative with a Verizon phone with degraded signal that had to step outside to place calls. Some coworkers reported sporadic issues with AT&T in Broward (with the AT&T SIM + T-Mobile Digits I could receive messages) but nowhere near the full widespread outage that T-Mobile experienced.

When I get the time I'm going to send a well-written complaint to the FCC and urge anyone who had issues with their T-Mobile service to do the same.

On the plus side with all the fallen leaves I've have less problems with calls inside my house.
    More Bars in More Places.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7