Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma is going to be a real stress test for T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    T-Mobile has really struggled to maintain usability since the storm. Many of the users on my account have found the service barely usable for simple SMS. LTE data has been useless and calls over edge or gsm are so garbled it's pointless to even try. Having Wi-Fi at home has allowed me to use Wi-Fi calling but others without power haven't got that option. I did a network scan earlier when my iPhone was showing no service and my co workers AT&T and sprint phones both had signal and T-Mobile was the lone no show.

Attachment 153875

Attachment 153876
    Indeed. Least you had WiFi at home, I didn't have any power. Only had what you mentioned, garbled voice and some SMS text.

Neighbors Verizon was working fully it appeared, I saw and used her device myself.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I live in Coconut Creek, FL (East coast between Boca Raton and Ft Lauderdale) that got only Cat 1 Hurricane gusts winds. T-Mobile voice calls continued to work for me but did have a lot of redials and got the "Network is busy" twice while making a call. During the height of storm I was having some drop calls with friends on Verizon. Storm passed on the West coast of Florida so we did miss the worst of Irma.

I was streaming video over T-Mobile about 9 AM the morning when the storm hit in the afternoon. However that data when down to nothing as the day went on before the storm. The T-Mobile data could be that Comcast/Xfinity that is used for backhaul went dead about 14 hours before Irma ( When Irma was on Cuba). Took over three days for Comcast to restore cable TV and internet then T-Mobile slow data issue was corrected. Not sure it was backhaul or everyone was streaming video. I never lost electric power at any point from FP&L.

Had some visitors that were staying with friends in my area and AT&T was very bad with voice calls and I even had two AT&T customers use my T-Mobile phone for voice calls. Had one friend with T-Mobile that has issues at his home with T-Mobile voice calls in Coral Springs. Friends with Verizon had fair Voice calls but Verizon had very slow data also but hundreds of thousand were with out power and internet in the county.

Everything is back up now.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    horrible service in East Pembroke Pines, not usable at home. have to drive several miles to get a signal. I'm thinking to switch to Verizon after my first bill next week !

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    " The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price has faded from memory" > Aldo Gucci

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In Wayneboro, GA. Fairly minor storm damage, the local T-Mobile tower went off the air early during the storm, still off air three days later.

Feedback Score
    same here day 3 no service in south miami area

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    We have had no problem. Cancelled flite back to FLL 2 days before it hit. Could have gone back yesterday - but wife didn't want to even tho bldg in Aventura (extreme north Miami) has power and internet. Don't know about cable. We are right on intercoastal. Don't know about cell service.
    2 users on account left for Slovenia the day before FLL shut down. TM is working fine for them w. their 954 area code numbers.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    6 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. 2G fast data on each line . $120/mo. + taxes. We have had no landline in more than 10 years.

Feedback Score
    Ocala,FL T-Mobile is still out since 09/10, 11:00pm. No talk/text, no 'net.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parishmc View Post
    horrible service in East Pembroke Pines, not usable at home. have to drive several miles to get a signal. I'm thinking to switch to Verizon after my first bill next week !

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    What happened to your thread: "Made the jump to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier"?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    All over here in metro Orlando. Tmobile has been spottty with data at best. Friends with Sprint seem to be fine.
    Verizon Unlimited Plan
    T-Mobile 3 Lines UNL Data $100 W/14GB of Hotspot
    AT&T Unlimited iPad Data

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    What happened to your thread: "Made the jump to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier"?
    I'm guessing that was before they experienced T-Mobile's post power failure service.

Feedback Score
    So it would appear T Mobile network is less stable than Verizon after a natural disaster.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Depends on the area. Just about everyone I've talked to with T-Mobile in FL hasn't had any major issues and definitely not any worse than the other carriers. Most have said they were impressed with how well T-Mobile did overall
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb View Post
    All over here in metro Orlando. Tmobile has been spottty with data at best. Friends with Sprint seem to be fine.
    Verizon has worked without any issues during storm and after the storm in Orlando. T-Mobile on the other hand has been very spotty.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Depends on the area. Just about everyone I've talked to with T-Mobile in FL hasn't had any major issues and definitely not any worse than the other carriers. Most have said they were impressed with how well T-Mobile did overall
    Definitely not any worse than other carriers? It's sounding like Verizon withstood it much better.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Definitely not any worse than other carriers? It's sounding like Verizon withstood it much better.
    It's fair to say that Verizon appears to have fared better through it all but I think T-Mobile definitely deserves credit overall. Work has a satellite office in south FL and from what the employees have stated T-Mobile held up much better than expected and even some with att phones borrowed Verizon and T-Mobile phones to make calls. In fact they saw quite a few people topping off generators for T-Mobile ahead of the storm. 6 or 7 years ago that was most likely unheard of. Once the backup batteries were dead that was it

T-Mobile isn't quite there yet with their backup power nationwide but they are getting there (in my opinion). They seemed to handle it much better than the storms of past.

Verizon likes to have generators on a lot of towers where feasible and T-Mobile wants that also, and especially in the past they couldn't afford it. They can afford more now and hopefully that increases continuously. Last time I talked to Neville online he stated that T-Mobile wants their backup power to be much much better as time goes by and their growth should help provide resources for that. Sounds promising to me

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast