Thread: $1/yr with multiple iphones = trouble!! WARNING!!

Feedback Score

$1/yr with multiple iphones = trouble!! WARNING!!

Just a warning from personal experience.

If want avoid many days of hair pulling with Virgin, and Apple and you have ordered multiple SIM kits from Virgin for the $1/yr BYOD iPhone offer read this:

Each SIM KIT is associated with a specific IMEI number. There is no way to know which SIM card you receive is supposed to go into which phone. If you activate it on the wrong phone, your Voice/SMS will not work and there is no way for Virgin to fix it. Instead, when you receive you SIM card, call Virgin, tell them which ICC ID SIM you received and ask them to tell you which IMEI phone you should stick it into.

What a mess. Virgin upper management is aware of this big problem however they have not informed 1st and 2nd level tech support which is clueless.

Feedback Score
    One more thing. Once you order a Virgin SIM kit for a specific IMEI, that IMEI number becomes unavailable for Sprint Postpaid 1/yr for free offer (not to be confused with Virgin's 1/y for $1 offer). It doesn't matter if you activated it or not. You will get the following error message on Sprint's web site:

"Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device. Sign in to find this device on your account.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I activated the 6s online with the sim card VM sent me a page came up asking me to confirm the sim card number. It didn't match the sim card they sent me. I just typed in the actual sim card number and all worked Ok for me.

Feedback Score
    Yes, there are many things you have to be careful about when using Virgin. Make sure to call them before you do anything with those SIM. Good find on the OP.
    AT&T sales reps are like the dirty children of car salesmen and collection agents.