Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: AT&T LG B470 flip on H20?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T LG B470 flip on H20?

    Does anyone have the AT&T LG B470 flip on H20?

    I have a very similar model the LG 442bg Tracfone branded & like it, wonder if anyone with the AT&T B470 on H20 had any trouble with it accepting the operator settings so it can do mms & data.

    I've seen it on sale at Best Buy & Walmart for about $15 regularly about $25, can get it at Rite Aid across street for about $4 off.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    827
    Feedback Score
    0
    For MMS, a smartphone such as the Moto E4 would work better for you than this basic flip phone. The Moto E4 Verizon Prepaid version is only $39.88 + tax on Amazon.com then you pay $2.19 for unlock code. Totally, you pay about $45 but you will have a much better phone for voice calls and texting. I did do sms on basic phones years ago and it was no fun at all.

    Moto E4 (Verizon Prepaid)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0
    I used the link & visited the Moto E4 you recommended. My current $10 paygo H20 use makes a flip most practical right now but if i switched to EasyGo $20 unlimited talk & text i would be best off using a smartphone. I just have never unlocked a phone before &not sure how the code works. But i would like atleast a 5" screen & 16gb memory. Have heard Moto G is good too.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    For MMS, a smartphone such as the Moto E4 would work better for you than this basic flip phone. The Moto E4 Verizon Prepaid version is only $39.88 + tax on Amazon.com then you pay $2.19 for unlock code. Totally, you pay about $45 but you will have a much better phone for voice calls and texting. I did do sms on basic phones years ago and it was no fun at all.

    Moto E4 (Verizon Prepaid)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    827
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I used the link & visited the Moto E4 you recommended. My current $10 paygo H20 use makes a flip most practical right now but if i switched to EasyGo $20 unlimited talk & text i would be best off using a smartphone. I just have never unlocked a phone before ¬ sure how the code works. But i would like atleast a 5" screen & 16gb memory. Have heard Moto G is good too.
    The E4 is better in my opinion. After you get the Verizon Prepaid Moto E4, order the unlock code from this eBay seller, remember to write down the IMEI number of the E4 in the message to seller box at checkout. He'll send the code to you via the eBay message system. Just insert the H2O SIM (or any GSM SIM such as AT&T, T-Mobile, FreedomPop LTE...) in the SIM slot, power up the phone. It will ask you the unlock code, just enter the code you receive from the eBay seller. You'll see a brief message to tell you the unlock has been successful. Pretty simple and easy!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0
    I visited the eBay sellers auction you posted a link to & saw that he offers unlock services for ZTE phones. I have a Simple Mobile zFive 2. But i saw a note saying to be sure the phone asks for the unlock PIN when a non supported SIM is inserted to be sure it can be unlocked by code. I've put my H20 SIM in several locked AT&T phones & never was asked for an unlock code.

    Thanks for the info & links, maybe it'll help some others who are looking to do this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,971
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    0

    Los Angeles H2O is a 'supported' SIM because it is an AT&T MVNO.

    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    But i saw a note saying to be sure the phone asks for the unlock PIN when a non supported SIM is inserted to be sure it can be unlocked by code. I've put my H20 SIM in several locked AT&T phones & never was asked for an unlock code.
    H2O is a 'supported' SIM because it is an AT&T MVNO.
    A T-Mobile or a foreign SIM would be 'unsupported'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for the info about the unsupported SIM. Need to figure these things out before I goof something up cuz "oops" won't fix it. 😵

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    827
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I visited the eBay sellers auction you posted a link to & saw that he offers unlock services for ZTE phones. I have a Simple Mobile zFive 2. But i saw a note saying to be sure the phone asks for the unlock PIN when a non supported SIM is inserted to be sure it can be unlocked by code. I've put my H20 SIM in several locked AT&T phones & never was asked for an unlock code.

    Thanks for the info & links, maybe it'll help some others who are looking to do this.
    H2O SIM should run in AT&T phones OK because H2O is an ATT MVNO. But when you insert the H2O SIM in a phone that's locked to Verizon Wireless, you will need to unlock the phone because H2O SIM is an ATT SIM that's not supported by Verizon Wireless.

    I think you'd better get an unlocked GSM phone from Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart so it will work easier for you & your H2O service.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0
    I probably should buy an already unlocked device you're right & i've been looking at them at Best Buy, Kmart, Walmart. If i could unlock the phones i have that are expired it could be helpful until i find an unlocked device i like. Should atleast learn to unlock a basic phone like the LG 442bg Tracfone that runs on AT&T. Could then try to use it on H20. If unlocked i could port a number to it.

    I used to have an eBay, PayPal & Amazon account but lost my computer & canceled the accounts, years ago. Have only used cells since. Would probably be hard to no-go to try to register with those sites using a cell browser especially PayPal. Or i'd be ending auctions🎶 🐸 🎶so i have to shop places like Best Buy. But maybe can get unlock codes from someone who doesn't sell through eBay.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    H2O SIM should run in AT&T phones OK because H2O is an ATT MVNO. But when you insert the H2O SIM in a phone that's locked to Verizon Wireless, you will need to unlock the phone because H2O SIM is an ATT SIM that's not supported by Verizon Wireless.

    I think you'd better get an unlocked GSM phone from Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart so it will work easier for you & your H2O service.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here are the results of SIM swapping between an expired AT&T Tracfone double mins LG 442bg flip, a T-Mobile Alcatel 665a flip, an AT&T gophone Alcatel OT871A qwerty texter, and an AT&T gophone Pantech Slate qwerty texter...

    AT&T Pantech SIM in Tracfone, screen message "SIM lock code-1" request.

    Tracfone SIM in Pantech, "unknown SIM error", freezes on AT&T bootup logo screen.

    TMO SIM in Pantech, "SIM locked" message with unlock choice on left soft key.

    Pantech SIM in TMO flip, "network key?" message with text entry field.

    Tracfone SIM in TMO flip, it boots to home screen, "no service" under time/date, icon of a TMO SIM with an X on it on notification bar.

    TMO SIM in Tracfone, "SIM lock code-1" message.

    AT&T OT871A SIM in Tracfone, same as above.

    Tracfone SIM in OT871A, "network key?" with text entry field.

    TMO SIM in OT871A, "network key?" same as above.

    Active H20 SIM in AT&T Pantech, boots up, shows strong signal, no service.

    Active H20 SIM in OT871A, calls & sms texts, no data or mms.

    Active H20 SIM in AT&T Alcatel Ideal, phone & sms texts, no mms or data.

    H20 SIM worked in AT&T zte z222 flip. Its what my $10 H20 paygo SIM is in now.

    Thanks for the info, it helped to better understand how SIMs work & what unlocking is about. 🐢

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    54
    Feedback Score
    0
    Walmart has the ZTE223 for ATT gophone on the shelf. Bought one, dropped in the H2O SIM, worked like a charm. The GoPhone LG B470 should work the same, they are $24.88 but you might catch one on sale I think the LG might be a better phone. Too bad ATT got rid of 2G, that ruled out lots of good flip phones.
    H2O had a Motorola Flipside for $24 (incl SIM), probably not a bad deal for entry level smart (more or less) phone.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for the feedback. I saw the z223 on sale for 15.66, Best Buy or Walmart. It seems very much like my z222, i don't know the difference.

    TheAT&T LG B470 was on sale too for about 15 i think at Best Buy but went back up to about 25. It looks about identical to my Tracfone LG 442bg which is a good basic flip.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    54
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks to WheelieBoot's post, I checked W-M's website, and they had the LG-B470 for $17.42. Went to the store, they honored the website price. Took the phone home, pulled the SIM from the ZTEz223, plugged it into the B470, and H2O came up, made and recieved calls. Better phone than the ZTE. Can arrange menu and other handy things. Good deal for talk/text people. Best Buy had the LG-G6 for $20 if you don't mind a non-flip semi smart phone. You have to watch low end Android phones, you add 3 apps and they run out of memory. I like flips, you can throw it in your pocket, do work, bump into things and not worry about breaking the screen.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thats great, glad u got a good deal on account of my mentioning the phone that was on sale. If your H20 SIM works in it then mine should too so i could get one. Thanks for letting us know how it went. Hope mms & other data functions are working too, not just calls & short texts. Liked my Tracfone LG flip so am sure that one is fine. ☎🎶📲

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    370
    Feedback Score
    0
    Found an unlocked gsm LG 440g for 19.99 on a Sears or Kmart site. It has Tracfone logo in photo but some use AT&T like my LG. It might be H20 friendly but not much info in listings.

    They also had a Tracfone LG 442g for 9.99 & a Tracfone Samsung t245g for $14.99. Those two didn't say unlocked.

    https://www.shopyourway.com/m/p/617949366

Similar Threads

  1. unlocked phone at Kmart i thought might work on H20
    By WheelieBoot in forum h2o Wireless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2017, 07:11 PM
  2. LG B470 AT&T GoPhone on sale - $9.99
    By AnciusD in forum AT&T Prepaid (formerly GoPhone)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2016, 08:09 PM
  3. $5 AT&T USA LG B470 Instant Network Unlock Code available at worldgsmcodes.com
    By canadagsm.ca in forum Canadagsm.ca Best deals in mobilephones, accessories and unlocking all under one roof
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2016, 05:40 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:59 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 01:45 AM

Bookmarks