Thread: VOLTE, WIFI CALLING(iPhone) September 18th (rumour)

Feedback Score

VOLTE, WIFI CALLING(iPhone) September 18th (rumour)

A few other message boards have commented the volte/wifi calling launch as sept 18th. Can anyone confirm this?

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Long overdue but those posts go back to the early summer. I had VoLTE/WiFi Calling with Telus just before I jumped ship in May. It was a huge improvement in voice quality.

I'm also interested if they're gonna announce their version of "Roam Like Home" before month's end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf74 View Post
    Long overdue but those posts go back to the early summer. I had VoLTE/WiFi Calling with Telus just before I jumped ship in May. It was a huge improvement in voice quality.

I'm also interested if they're gonna announce their version of "Roam Like Home" before month's end.
    What kind of voice quality improvements? My voice calls sounds exactly the same between Belus lines as when they enabled HD voice back in 2012.

Feedback Score
    Waiting for the phone to switch between 3G and LTE is annoying.

Feedback Score
    When placing VoLTE calls it start ringing within 1 to 3 Seconds where on HSPA it can take 10 to 15 seconds. Calls sound a bit better however if the receiver of the call is also on VoLTE then it sounds a lot better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    When placing VoLTE calls it start ringing within 1 to 3 Seconds where on HSPA it can take 10 to 15 seconds. Calls sound a bit better however if the receiver of the call is also on VoLTE then it sounds a lot better.
    The connection time has nothing to do with the voice quality. I'm on my phone all day with other belus customers who are on volte and I notice no difference from HD voice quality to 'volte quality'

Feedback Score
    This day came and went with no event unless it happens overnight. Where did you see this posted?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    The connection time has nothing to do with the voice quality. I'm on my phone all day with other belus customers who are on volte and I notice no difference from HD voice quality to 'volte quality'
    I don't know about you but I like the Fact my calls connect instantly on VoLTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolmsted View Post
    This day came and went with no event unless it happens overnight. Where did you see this posted?
    http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...-wifi-calling/