Thread: Unlock request

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

Unlock request

Tried an unlock request and it came back saying the imei didn't match the phone. I quadruple checked it and it's right. Anyone had that happen and if so what did you have to do to get the code from att?

It's an att phone paid in full etc so shouldn't have any issues

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just curious, which make/model phone? Which cellular carrier is the phone currently active on ?? Based on the carrier icon in the upper left corner of the screenshot, it appears to be active on T-mobile. Was it purchased from At&t originally? When you submitted the request, did you indicate that you were or were not an active At&t customer ?

I suggest you resubmit your request.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The phone with the tmobile in the corner was just the one I'm currently using while checking the email.

The one I'm trying to unlock is an lg g5 I got from a friend. He got it directly from att so I know for sure its paid off and his bill is current. I guess its att's way of saying they won't unlock it. Tried it again and within a few minutes an email came back with the same response. I may look online to pay to get it unlocked

Feedback Score
    The problem maybe it is connected to your friend's email address. I had a rejection when I used a different email address than the one AT&T has on file my account.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I've tried everything and it gets rejected fast each time. Tried it as a non att customer, tried my gophone line, tried different emails, they just wont approve it.

I'm thinking it could be since my friend didn't have it active for at least 60 days. Will probably just pay online to get it done since att declines it no matter what I try

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I've tried everything and it gets rejected fast each time. Tried it as a non att customer, tried my gophone line, tried different emails, they just wont approve it.

I'm thinking it could be since my friend didn't have it active for at least 60 days. Will probably just pay online to get it done since att declines it no matter what I try
    I was in the same situation. Majority of the people think that just by swapping SIM cards to different phones that it will register with AT&T. I called their support number and gave them an updated IMEI for my new phone. Than waited 24 hours and than requested an unlock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post

Did you have the phones imei checked to make sure that it isn't blacklisted or reported lost/stolen
    Swappa - https://swappa.com/esn

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I called att again and they said only way to unlock it is to either use it for 2 months on postpaid or 6 months on prepaid. Oh well, shouldn't be too expensive to get it unlocked online
    Swappa shows that it's good so I guess it wasn't used long enough on att even though it was paid in full