Thread: it works just fine...

Feedback Score

it works just fine...

The apple care replacement i got for my iphone 6s plus works just fine on verizon prepaid. it's a verizon post paid phone so i was a bit concerned. not worries....popped in my sim....took no time at all to find a great signal.

Feedback Score
    Why were you concerned about AppleCare and prepaid? Apple only cares if the iPhone is within the T&C for AppleCare at the time of the service request.

Feedback Score
    Correct me if wrong, but arent all Apple replacement Iphones the fully unlocked sim free model? My wifes Iphone 6s from ATT had battery problems and they swapped it out for a totally unlocked version. Its on Verizon prepaid right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    Correct me if wrong, but arent all Apple replacement Iphones the fully unlocked sim free model? My wifes Iphone 6s from ATT had battery problems and they swapped it out for a totally unlocked version. Its on Verizon prepaid right now.
    Unsure on that, but I did see a post
    Awhile back that their iphone was unlocked and they sent it in to have it
    Repaired and the phone came back locked.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    You're supposed to get back the same model you sent in. So if you bring in an AT&T locked phone, you'll receive an AT&T locked phone in return.

There are issues like another poster stated, however, that if you get a phone unlocked by the carrier, sometimes they screw up and you get a locked phone in return. If you got an unlocked phone in return for a locked one, I think you just got lucky!

Feedback Score
    Apple changed the policy on this. If the iPhone is locked, the replacement iPhone is supposed to be locked to the same carrier.

Feedback Score
    Maybe the old phone are carrier unlocked, but because of Apples fight with Qualcomm, newer iPhone are often either GSM or CDMA, due to limitations with Intel modems. It sucks for the customer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Apple changed the policy on this. If the iPhone is locked, the replacement iPhone is supposed to be locked to the same carrier.
    Now that you mention it i did have her ATT phone unlocked before taking it in for warranty work (we paid it off early). Thats probably why we received a sim free model to match.

Feedback Score
    About a month ago, a friend of mine on Sprint broke his 6S. He got a replacement 6S and it was unlocked; the model number began with an "N", IIRC.