Thread: Verizon Post Paid with iPhone 5S and 1X coverage?

Feedback Score

Verizon Post Paid with iPhone 5S and 1X coverage?

Trying to help a member of our RV group: she has a Verizon branded iPhone 5S she purchased at Costco over a year ago and never gets LTE or even 4G/3G, just 1X. I have the same phone, but StraightTalk branded and get LTE in the same areas. I checked her phone and there is no LTE indicator button. I'm guessing the Costco rep put in the wrong SIM or did not provision. She went into a Verizon store (retailer) and they said Verizon does not support the 5S and that's why it won't work and she needs to upgrade..I call complete BS. I swear the Verizon reps are getting as bad as the paid liars from Sprint.

She is reluctant to go back to the Verizon store and try again with someone else. She does have the latest version loaded (so she says) and I question whether that really has anything to do with a missing LTE button. Btw, my ST branded phone will work on all the Verizon mvno's: ST, Total Wireless, Net10, Tracfone (using it), PagePlus, possibly others.

What do you Verizon users say? Maybe it's time for her to get a new or refurb 5S (she loves the phone) and run with a Verizon mvno? Apparently Verizons 800 phone c/s is next to worthless according to her. Thank you!

Feedback Score

The 5s works just fine. I don't why she wouldn't be getting LTE service though. Maybe 4G is turned off in the settings?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Go to Settings-> General-> About and see what's listed under the "Carrier" section. This will list the version of the carrier bundle she's running and that is what determines if LTE options are available.

When you say there's no LTE "button", do you mean under Settings-> Cellular there is no option to enable LTE?

That's very strange, if this user is really on a postpaid plan. Have you tried to reset the network settings? Does it say "Verizon" in the carrier tag next to the signal dots/bars?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Go to Settings-> General-> About and see what's listed under the "Carrier" section. This will list the version of the carrier bundle she's running and that is what determines if LTE options are available.

When you say there's no LTE "button", do you mean under Settings-> Cellular there is no option to enable LTE?

That's very strange, if this user is really on a postpaid plan. Have you tried to reset the network settings? Does it say "Verizon" in the carrier tag next to the signal dots/bars?
    I'm going to call her in a few minutes and see what she pulls up in settings. Thanks much for the quick reply.