Thread: Can't keep old plan when swapping phones

Feedback Score

Can't keep old plan when swapping phones

I have an LG android on the $35/5-gig growing data plan. I asked Boost (online) if I could switch to a new iPhone and keep my plan; they said no, my plan is expired and I would have to choose a new plan. If i switch I lose the $5 auto-pay discount and 2 gigs a month, so I'm not swapping phones.

My question is - is this because I wanted to swap to an iPhone? Would a new android phone allow me to keep my plan?

If anyone has recently upgraded phones and kept a grandfathered plan, let me know how you did it. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I frequently swap phones on grand fathered discontinued PayGo plan online.Don't use CS rep.I have tried non qualified phones for that plan, and all that happened was it refused to swap.The key is don't use CS rep.

Feedback Score
    i was just recently put on a grandfathered plan when they discontinued the $5 auto pay credit.

however, they said nothing about if swapping a phone requires a plan change. they should make it clear because you might buy a new phone without knowing until you try and swap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    ...they said nothing about if swapping a phone requires a plan change. they should make it clear because you might buy a new phone without knowing until you try and swap.
    Exactly! Boost is constantly sending me texts "you are due for an upgrade! etc.." with no mention that I would lose 2 years of accumulated benefits for doing it. What is the incentive to customers to remain loyal?

Feedback Score
    Has anyone found out the answer to if you are on a $35 with $5 auto pay discount if you can swap online without losing your plan and being forced on the $35 with no auto pay discount plan.

I would like to upgrade my phone sometime.

My guess is you can't swap phones without losing plan even doing it online.