Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New to Tracfone - Triple Minutes?

Feedback Score
    The Rebel 2 is SOP; the "basic" plans are not accessible for that phone (at least not when using the SIM card that came with the phone).

In fact, I was even having some trouble getting the $50 365 service days add-on to appear. I initially thought it was no longer available for the phone, however it is now showing up.

Feedback Score
    If you go through the initial steps of reactivating your Rebel 2, you could see which refills it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I did not test that when the Rebel 2 was active for a few days. I transferred service from the Rebel 2 to a BYOP GSM SIM on Tuesday.

I think one of the forum members, tracfone69, is still using the Rebel 2 that he bought from HSN last week. You can ask him to test it.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    The Rebel 2 is SOP; the "basic" plans are not accessible for that phone (at least not when using the SIM card that came with the phone).

In fact, I was even having some trouble getting the $50 365 service days add-on to appear. I initially thought it was no longer available for the phone, however it is now showing up.
    This was a Rebel 2 that you activated and was bundled with 1200/1200/1200/365 service and when purchasing airtime on the TF website you can not access the Basic Cards?
    Last edited by ls61; 09-14-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    If you go through the initial steps of reactivating your Rebel 2, you could see which refills it offers.
    I don't plan to do that until next month. But member tracfoner69 has confirmed in post #31 above that only Smartphone cards were offered for his active Rebel 2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing a CDMA Rebel boxed as a SOP.

To sell one Rebel as a TMFL and one as a SOP is why I say this is FUBAR.
    We are speaking of 2 different models from 2 different release times. The Rebel 2 came out after the April end of new TMFL releases.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    We are speaking of 2 different models from 2 different release times. The Rebel 2 came out after the April end of new TMFL releases.
    Well the April deadline was bogus to begin with since a lot of phones were activated after that date allowing 3x, waiting for tracfoner69 to respond.

Feedback Score
    Waiting for me to respond to what? I was clear in what I posted. Rebel 2 is SOP, period, end of story.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Waiting for me to respond to what? I was clear in what I posted. Rebel 2 is SOP, period, end of story.
    "This was a Rebel 2 that you activated and was bundled with 1200/1200/1200/365 service and when purchasing airtime on the TF website you can not access the Basic Cards?"

Yes or no?

Is that so hard?

Feedback Score
    Lose the attitude, pal.

hpham already answered your question.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ls61 asked the question in post #33. I replied "Yes", then I noticed that the question was addressed to you, tracfoner69, so I deleted my post.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. In that case the Rebel 2 is confirmed SPO as marked on the box and no further testing required.

I don't plan to do that until next month. But member tracfoner69 has confirmed in post #31 above that only Smartphone cards were offered for his active Rebel 2.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

No where in the above post was it made abundantly clear that the Rebel 2 was activated with 3x 1200 bundle!

Lose the attitude, pal.

No attitude, I just asked you, not hpham or anyone else, a very simple yes or no question

This was a Rebel 2 that you activated and was bundled with 1200/1200/1200/365 service and when purchasing airtime on the TF website you can not access the Basic Cards?
    I am just trying to differentiate between a boxed and labeled Rebel 2 to one that was activated under the 3x 1200 bundle, making sure we are comparing apples to apples and your reluctance to answer that simple question is mind boggling.

The time it took for you to twice respond you could have simply replied yes or no...........?
    Last edited by ls61; 09-14-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    An inexperienced person would not want Tracfone to offer Pay as you go airtime for use on a SOP, when it is supposed/not yet proven that you would receive 1X airtime. Still t would be educational to hear someone's unfortunate experience with adding a store purchased paygo card to a SOP

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I ordered one of the old BYOP sims but they shipped me one of the new smartphone sims instead. Will it still work (give TMFL) if I have a TMFL phone or should I return it? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler View Post
    Hi,

I ordered one of the old BYOP sims but they shipped me one of the new smartphone sims instead. Will it still work (give TMFL) if I have a TMFL phone or should I return it? Thanks
    Confused.
    If you have a TMFL phone, why are you buying a sim?
    The TMFL is there for the life of the phone.

If the sim package does not state the 3X triple, then it will not triple.
    Did you pay $1 for it?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast