Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New to Tracfone - Triple Minutes?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    There is a thread here where the Serial Numbers are given for the 3X and the 1X SIM cards (also pictured). They show a change in the S/N between the two types. The S/N of the contained SIM(s) should be on the bottom of the Tracfone packaging. Posters that have purchased the phone can also post the pertinent part of the SIM S/N if they wished.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    There are a few cases where this is not necessarily true, especially if you need minutes and do not mind spending a little more to also extend days of service by a year. Admittedly there are only a few you can put together, but one example is if you were to purchase the $100 Basic card 1200/1200/1200/365 and then a $25 SOP card you get 1700/2200/1700/425 for the same cost as the $125 SOP. SOP only would not allow you this option or the higher cost $160/$200 year options that, arguably, could be considered better deals.

If you simply purchase the $50 365 add-on you get short changed on minutes in any combo that equals ~$125 or 365 days of service. My argument is you should be getting a little more for your $50 than just a years worth of service if you extrapolate the costs of those card that do give you a years worth of service, wheter you think you need the t/t/d or not.
    I think those who have built up 1000's x ? of units or their use is so limited and only need days are in the minority of average TF users.

We obviously could go round and round on many combos, but all the SOP cards short you on minutes if you factor in the 60 vs 90 days. IMO the $45 and $50 SOP cards are really shorting you on minutes and more, especially when Amazon bundles claim 1000/2000/2.0/60 is a $40 value. The eBay bundle that includes 1000/2000/500/90 is not given a value but in comparison to the Amazon I would rate it at $30, where are these "cards/plans"?

The process to add these and other bundles to lower you costs or to simply bolster you minutes days is or certainly can be a PITA.

My biggest pet peeve is TF not coming up with SOP cards that are more heavy weighted on minutes/days and or a la carte minute cards at a reasonable cost, this IMO would increase subscribers and or improve retention.
    This suggestion comes when so many other TF subs are adding much more value to those services with heavy increases to data allotments and where data is at a premium compared to minutes.

Just my 2c

This is an excellent example of why it's better to be able to use both SOP and PAYG cards. I hadn't even thought of the $100 400 minute card combined with the $25 SOP card.

Quote Originally Posted by tracbourne View Post
    You gave the detailed version of exactly what I said
    If you say so...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler View Post
    Everyone here has been so helpful. Thanks so much!
    Just transfer service to the iPhone SE using the IMEI and ICCID (SIM Card #) from the package it came with using the instructions quoted in post # 69. You'll get your minutes transferred and extrapolated to all 3 buckets. Then check your account online and see if you can purchase Pay As You Go cards or only Smartphone-Only Plans for that device.

If you can't buy the PAYG cards, get a TMFL SIM kit and transfer service to the Verizon or AT&T Nano SIM and put that into the iPhone SE.

Then let us know if the iPhone SE and SIM it came with gets TMFL or not.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    There are a few cases where this is not necessarily true, especially if you need minutes and do not mind spending a little more to also extend days of service by a year. Admittedly there are only a few you can put together, but one example is if you were to purchase the $100 Basic card 1200/1200/1200/365 and then a $25 SOP card you get 1700/2200/1700/425 for the same cost as the $125 SOP. SOP only would not allow you this option or the higher cost $160/$200 year options that, arguably, could be considered better deals.
    Here is a my relative price comparison/breakdown (for "subjective whole card value" I used the "value" provided by Tracfone applied to the allotment of Text/Data per card)
    Name:  Screenshot (76).png
Views: 114
Size:  47.0 KB

ETA: Added all current plans SOP and triple 3x Basic
    Name:  (2017) Compare Tracfone.png
Views: 110
Size:  86.7 KB
    Last edited by tracbourne; 10-06-2017 at 01:54 AM.
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Device(s)
    TF L33L
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (on AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I have to zoom in 150% or more to read most attached images here on HF.

Is there some setting on HF to have them pop-up in a separate window that are not so small??

I use the latest Chrome on Win10.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C8H10N4O2 View Post
    I have to zoom in 150% or more to read most attached images here on HF.

Is there some setting on HF to have them pop-up in a separate window that are not so small??

I use the latest Chrome on Win10.
    I don't use Chrome often. On Firefox, I can right-click on the image then select "View Image" to see its original size.

Device(s)
    TF L33L
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (on AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't use Chrome often. On Firefox, I can right-click on the image then select "View Image" to see its original size.
    Another stupid thing I did here on HF... Chrome <Right-Click> "Open image in new tab"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Here is a my relative price comparison/breakdown (for "subjective whole card value" I used the "value" provided by Tracfone applied to the allotment of Text/Data per card)

You have a couple of basic/PAYG cards on your "Best Prices" list. Looks good to me and that's why I'll continue to try to keep TMFL.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    You have a couple of basic/PAYG cards on your "Best Prices" list. Looks good to me and that's why I'll continue to try to keep TMFL.
    I don't disagree with math lol That's why I tried to "suggest" best by usage type as well

Feedback Score
    Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the basic refill values can be beat by smartphone refill options - assuming one is not cash limited to having to buy the $20 or lower basic refills for their low per month cost.

I do agree that the TMFL SIM is desirable since it provides all the refill options.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I do agree that the TMFL SIM is desirable since it provides all the refill options.
    That's my only point.

Feedback Score
    I guess I should not have quoted your post .....

I just said the rest for those who don't have TMFL and maybe feel like they are missing something huge - which to me doesn't appear to be the case looking at all the number in the spreadsheet posted by tracbourne.

That's my only point.
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score

Shows that TF is not a good option for those who are even moderate talkers. No Options that do not load you up on text and data to simply add minutes. TF was never all that friendly to heavy talkers, but ok with moderate talkers when using the feature phone because you were pulling from one bucket, but with these SOP cards you are very limited.

Need to be able to supplement minutes or minutes/days at a reasonable cost.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Shows that TF is not a good option for those who are even moderate talkers. No Options that do not load you up on text and data to simply add minutes. TF was never all that friendly to heavy talkers, but ok with moderate talkers when using the feature phone because you were pulling from one bucket, but with these SOP cards you are very limited.

Need to be able to supplement minutes or minutes/days at a reasonable cost.
    Yes TF absolutely needs a minute heavy offering with the lower per minute price point.
    I'm thinking 300m = $10 (no service days)

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes TF absolutely needs a minute heavy offering with the lower per minute price point.
    I'm thinking 300m = $10 (no service days)
    I am thinking more like 500 min for $10.

You are figuring your costs from the a la carte text and data only cards, but I do not see where you figure in the $50 year add-on. TF apparently believes ~$4.10 a month is cost effective, so if you also factor in the $50/365 then TF could easily offer up 2c min by their current pricing model.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast