Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile Intros iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X and Series 3 Watch

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...ile-iphone.htm

Bellevue, Washington — September 12, 2017 — T-Mobile will offer Apple’s latest products starting on September 22, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, and Apple Watch Series 3, which adds built-in cellular to the world’s number one watch. To help Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) customers get started, T-Mobile will also offer Apple’s special introductory cellular trial. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus and order Apple Watch Series 3 beginning September 15 online, at participating T-Mobile stores across the country, and by calling Care (611 or 1-800-937-8997).
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    No mention of Band 71 in either the smartphones or the new watch as expected. Total bummer but I'm still getting one so I'll STFU now.

Oh yeah: Lightning cable connector remains.

T-Mobile is still building out new Band 12 and Band 2 LTE sites out here in SoCal beefing up coverage and capacity. I'll be okay without Band 71 support in the interim.

Pics of the iPhone X below:

Name:  iphonexcolorstmo.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:  iphonexwirelesschargingtmo-768x688.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  35.7 KB

FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 66)
    TD-LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41)
    TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
    CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

iPhone X (pronounced “iPhone Ten”) features a 5.8-inch edge-to-edge OLED Super Retina display with curved edges. It’s got a resolution of 2436×1125 and offers tech like HDR, True Tone to adapt the screen color and intensity to your ambient light, and 3D Touch.

At the top of that display is a notch that’s home to the 7-megapixel front-facing TrueDepth camera as well as an array of sensors for the new Face ID feature. Face ID, which is taking the place of Touch ID on the iPhone X, uses a dot projector, infrared camera, and flood illuminator to map and recognize your face. You can then use Face ID to unlock your iPhone X by looking at it and to authenticate Apple Pay.

Apple is also using all of those face-tracking features for Animoji. As the name suggests, these are animated emoji characters that track your facial movements. There are 12 different Animoji characters, including a panda, unicorn, and a pile of poop, and you can record them with voice and send them to friends.

Around back, iPhone X has dual 12-megapixel cameras. There’s a wide angle sensor with an f/1.8 aperture and one telephoto sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, and both cameras include a new color filter and optical image stabilization. The cameras are also tuned for augmented reality, which Apple is making a big push for with its ARKit, and there’s support for 4K 60fps and 1080p 240fps video capture as well.

The iPhone X body is made up of glass on the front and back and a stainless steel band. Inside that body, which is dust and water resistant, Apple has included its new A11 Bionic chipset which offers two performance cores and four high-efficiency cores. Also included is LTE Advanced support and Bluetooth 5.0.

When it comes to the battery, Apple says that iPhone X will last two hours longer than iPhone 7. And when it’s time to top up, you can use the iPhone X’s new wireless charging capability, which uses the Qi wireless charging standard.

The iPhone X will be available for pre-order starting October 27th and will launch on November 3rd. Pricing will start at $999 for the 64GB model and go up to $1,149 for the 256GB model. Color options will include Silver and Space Gray.

Feedback Score
    Seems to me, not knowing the details, that face recognition is a huge step backwards in terms of security. All someone has to do is say "hey, is this your phone?" and when you glance over it is unlocked and he runs with it. Or, same at the security checkpoint when they want to unlock it--they point the phone at your face and innocently ask "is this your phone?" Boom, it is unlocked.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yea I plan to use an alternative method to unlock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    No mention of Band 71 in either the smartphones or the new watch as expected.
    It does have band 66. So that's a step up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    It does have band 66. So that's a step up.
    You're right. I'm in SoCal so I have to endure Band 2, Band 4 and Band 12. But I've already noticed that I have LTE in areas AT&T has no service so I don't feel slighted.

Feedback Score
    Supposedly, you can close your eyes and the phone won't unlock. At least that's what I read. But it seems like if it had Band 71, T-Mobile would've mentioned it. The iPhone X looks like a beautiful phone but without 600mhz, it may be obsolete on T-Mobile's network in a couple of years. $1K is a steep price to pay with that limited lifetime.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm a total gadget whore so it's worth it to me. I buy, trade and sell where I can to make it economically feasible.

For some people it's new kicks, for others it's fast food; for me it's new smart devices.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    No B14 for AT&T either, so everybody on the GSM side is getting screwed. That being said, T-Mobile is farther along with B71 than AT&T is with B14.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    Seems to me, not knowing the details, that face recognition is a huge step backwards in terms of security. All someone has to do is say "hey, is this your phone?" and when you glance over it is unlocked and he runs with it. Or, same at the security checkpoint when they want to unlock it--they point the phone at your face and innocently ask "is this your phone?" Boom, it is unlocked.
    Arya Stark will be able to take these at will. now she has mastered her new talents.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Folks we have confirmed pricing:

Name:  tmobileiphonexpricing.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  28.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Man come on  at if no 600 MHz support why not make it a fast charge capable. Oh wait they did ....sort of ....but you have to buy more chargers and it’s a work around ...sort of not true fast charging.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505266963.825560.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  58.7 KB

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I'm really thinking they overpriced the X. There's a $300 difference between the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X. Couple that with T-Mobile's apparent cap of $30/month for EIP and you're talking about $350/500 down if you reflect sales tax ($280 + tax on $999 at an average sales tax rate of 7% = $350). So when people think about $350 down + $30/month, I really think people will think twice about this.

If what TMoNews has posted is accurate, the only promotion available to preorders might be the $300 trade in promo, which might make sense for iPhone 6 and earlier (though I think many will bite at that with the iPhone 6S). And it's not clear if the older iPhones (5/5S/SE) are even still going to be eligible for that, so it's not really much of a subsidized trade in.

What I do think will happen is that the carriers (and the uncarrier too) will have to put on promotions around holiday time for this device. I know supplies will be short for November, but I don't see many buying into the big down payments + $30/month. As a long time Apple stockholder, I hope they do, but "I'm not countin' my money when I'm sittin' at the table" for any new sales records on the iPhone X just yet...

Oh, and if the V30 is $200 less, and has better promotions, I think that could steal some of Apple's market share too...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake26 View Post
    Man come on  at if no 600 MHz support why not make it a fast charge capable. Oh wait they did ....sort of ....but you have to buy more chargers and it’s a work around ...sort of not true fast charging.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505266963.825560.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  58.7 KB
    I don't think fast charging in any way makes up for the phone having outdated radio hardware. Because a phone with no signal is a phone with no signal no matter how fast you charge the battery.

Anyone using these particular iPhone models in 2019 on T-Mobile will be stuck on a network that only works in half or two-thirds of the places as AT&T and Verizon does.... while anyone who has bought up-to-date phones such as the LG V30 and future models will be enjoying a T-Mobile network that works just about everywhere.

These NEW iPhones announced today are "2015 ready", though, for sure!

So, is there any chance of Apple slipping updated radio hardware to cover 600 mhz T-Mobile spectrum some time after the phone is released, in these same models, say, next year?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    https://www.phonedog.com/2017/09/12/...ices-announced

For a limited time, T-Mobile customers can trade in an iPhone 6 or newer and get up to $300 off (via 24 monthly bill credits) the cost of a new iPhone when purchased on EIP. That deal is available for the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, and it can be applied during pre-orders.

For T-Mobile customers interested in JUMP! On Demand, here’s T-Mo’s JOD pricing for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus (no iPhone X JOD pricing is available yet):

The Apple Watch Series 3 will come with 3 months of free service with Digits. After that, T-Mobile customers will pay $10 per month with AutoPay for unlimited talk, text, and data with Digits on their Apple Watch Series 3.

Pre-orders for the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and Apple Watch Series 3 will kick off on September 15th, and all three products will launch on September 22nd. Folks interested in the iPhone X will have to wait a bit longer, with pre-orders starting October 27th and the launch scheduled for November 3rd.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast