Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Intros iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X and Series 3 Watch

Feedback Score
    Clone, you can't read people's minds. But you can make a good guess about what they wish for by what they choose. And they choose Android for the cheap phones and also choose Android (alongside iPhones) for more expensive phones. That's a much more accurate picture about what they want. And the Android market turns out to be more of "everyone else" than IOS.

Yes,it's way too fanboyish to claim that those who don't have the product you worship all wish they had it.

And the "pirated movie" accusation is illogical and unfounded. IOS users shove pirated content to their phones also. But like with legitimate content on Android, it's a lot harder in IOS.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Again, Apple users aren't tech geeks like most of us on a cell phone forum are.
    All of the tech geeks I know use iPhones as their daily drivers. Maybe an android as well if they want to tinker. What you said may have been true prior to 2014 though.

Feedback Score
    Jet I doubt most T-Mobike customers prefer a situation where the phones won't work in one third of places The area not covered yet but due to be covered by 600 MHz isn't "remote": it is countrywide, it is interspersed by areas already covered, it is near and far, and it is urban areas and cities and towns.... And it is no more "remote" than Band 12 regions and areas on the older bands.

The company has been adding millions of customers from rolling out Band 12 after all...a rollout which made the network twice as good as it was before.

But you have a good point on the problems if TMO fails to deliver. The customer growth will quickly level off, and Sprint will eat it's lunch if it decides to expand.

Feedback Score
    And Jet, it's telling that T-Mobile isn't focusing on "remote areas" when the first 600 mhz rollout...well publicized... was in an urban area in a state that has over 10 million either living in it and/or visiting during any given year.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I switched to iPhone in early February and couldn’t be happier. And BTW, Apple IS ahead in AR, Storage (NVMe), CPU (Without question), security, cameras, speakers, ecosystem, and in many fronts besides resolution (now a moot point with the X) the display as well. Battery life on the SE and Plus models are also better than any other android phone. My 7 with a battery case easily lasted 2-3 days of moderate to heavy use. Previously owned every android under the sun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    All of the tech geeks I know use iPhones as their daily drivers. Maybe an android as well if they want to tinker. What you said may have been true prior to 2014 though.
    There is probably some truth to what he said (I have no data one way or the other though). iOS does have a much shorter learning curve than Android does. Switching from one iPhone to another requires no learning curve, but that isn't the case for Android phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Apple is yesterdays technology at the price of technology will be in two years with Android. I really don't know why people buy Apple other than the status symbol they think it gives them. Apple doesn't have good reception. Apple technology is always behind Android that are cheaper with better reception. Really paying $1000 for a phone that doesn't support the new Band 71 or the LTE-U/LAA 5 GHz small cells.
    Apple is a good phone, If you are tied into the Eco system with an iPad and a MacBook it's even better.

A Galaxy Note 8 is just about 1K as well. The only difference between Andriod and Apple iOS is the open source distribution which allows Android to power a Ferrari or a Ford Pinto. There are some really nice 300.00 Androids out there. I ditched my 64GB 6s for a Moto G5 Plus and couldn't be happier.

Paying 1K for a phone (to me) is complete insanity but if that's what someone wants, go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Intros iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X and Series 3 Watch

Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Jet I doubt most T-Mobike customers prefer a situation where the phones won't work in one third of places The area not covered yet but due to be covered by 600 MHz isn't "remote": it is countrywide, it is interspersed by areas already covered, it is near and far, and it is urban areas and cities and towns.... And it is no more "remote" than Band 12 regions and areas on the older bands.

The company has been adding millions of customers from rolling out Band 12 after all...a rollout which made the network twice as good as it was before.

But you have a good point on the problems if TMO fails to deliver. The customer growth will quickly level off, and Sprint will eat it's lunch if it decides to expand.
    I think what he is saying is that essentially, a person on T-mobile is content with the current coverage (otherwise why be on T-mobile?). More coverage is better of course, but most people don't use a carrier in hopes that it will work where they need it in the future (vs today).
    Last edited by 2400zr; 09-13-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I switched to iPhone in early February and couldn’t be happier. And BTW, Apple IS ahead in AR, Storage (NVMe), CPU (Without question), security, cameras, speakers, ecosystem, and in many fronts besides resolution (now a moot point with the X) the display as well. Battery life on the SE and Plus models are also better than any other android phone. My 7 with a battery case easily lasted 2-3 days of moderate to heavy use. Previously owned every android under the sun.
    Most of the "ahead" points are debatable. The iPhone cameras are great, but it has a few Android peers just as good. iPhone storage takes 2nd place to any Android with a micro SD slot. And even some cheaper Androids have better speakers and audio than iPhone.

Yeah iPhone seems more secure, but at the cost of taking away the user's control over their own device... I am not sure it would add to a sense of security, for example, to have a policeman sitting in your living room at all times.... Who watches the watchmen?

IPhone does kill on AR though !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Apple is a good phone, If you are tied into the Eco system with an iPad and a MacBook it's even better.

A Galaxy Note 8 is just about 1K as well. The only difference between Andriod and Apple iOS is the open source distribution which allows Android to power a Ferrari or a Ford Pinto. There are some really nice 300.00 Androids out there. I ditched my 64GB 6s for a Moto G5 Plus and couldn't be happier.

Paying 1K for a phone (to me) is complete insanity but if that's what someone wants, go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The midline Motos all have average cameras ... I know, I have one. But I'd for sure consider paying more for a phone with a great camera.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Intros iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X and Series 3 Watch

I am not sure it would add to a sense of security, for example, to have a policeman sitting in your living room at all times.... Who watches the watchmen?
    At least with Apple, if anyone is spying on me it's Apple. I really only have to trust one entity. Whether or not you should actually trust them is obviously up for debate.

With Android, who knows who could be watching! So many fingers are in that pie that any meaningful security is pretty much impossible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    The midline Motos all have average cameras ... I know, I have one. But I'd for sure consider paying more for a phone with a great camera.
    An average camera on a mid level phone is all one can expect.

For someone who hasn't printed a picture from a phone in almost 5 years it's fine.

I'm sure the iPhone cameras will be much, much better and at 4x the cost they should be.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Most of the "ahead" points are debatable. The iPhone cameras are great, but it has a few Android peers just as good. iPhone storage takes 2nd place to any Android with a micro SD slot. And even some cheaper Androids have better speakers and audio than iPhone.

Yeah iPhone seems more secure, but at the cost of taking away the user's control over their own device... I am not sure it would add to a sense of security, for example, to have a policeman sitting in your living room at all times.... Who watches the watchmen?

IPhone does kill on AR though !
    Storage performance using the NVMe protocol isn't debatable. And having 256 GB of desktop class solid state storage is a win in my book... if you need a refresher on the difference in the storage Apple uses versus what's used in any leading android phone (UFS 2.0, 2.1) read Anandtech's review on storage here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/t...-plus-review/7

CPU also isn't debatable. It's rumored Qualcomm's 2018 Snapdragon 845 will finally match the Apple A9 (2015) in single threaded performance. The Apple CPU's used in the iPhone 6s/7/8/X are ahead of the android crop. Nobody tries to argue that.

Different priorities for everybody I guess.

Feedback Score
    The area not covered yet but due to be covered by 600 MHz isn't "remote": it is countrywide, it is interspersed by areas already covered, it is near and far, and it is urban areas and cities and towns....
    Of course the not yet covered areas are remote. T-Mobile has the urban areas already covered.

The company has been adding millions of customers from rolling out Band 12 after all
    T-Mobile hasn't been gaining that many customers in these areas. You can call the local cellular stores where they've rolled out new coverage using B12 and they'll tell you that people are still with Verizon, AT&T or perhaps a local cellular provider with good coverage.

T-Mobile has been adding millions of customers from people switching to them in urban areas where they have great data speeds, good coverage and more inexpensive plans.

I doubt most T-Mobike customers prefer a situation where the phones won't work in one third of places
    T-Mobile will sell a lot of new iPhones all without B71. As you are a long time critic of T-Mobile coverage, I understand B71 is important to you. And maybe one day it will improve your coverage. But for those that are already satisfied with T-mobile coverage, they're not going to delay their phone purchases waiting for B71. They'll buy the new iphones when available.

And Jet, it's telling that T-Mobile isn't focusing on "remote areas" when the first 600 mhz rollout...well publicized... was in an urban area
    Cheyenne, WY already has coverage for non-B71 devices. So the rollout there is really not that important.

Feedback Score
    Most people choose phones, cars, and most things based on what their friends and family have and want. Look around neighborhoods anywhere and most of the cars in the driveway are very similar, most of the houses look the same, most of the people wear the same clothes, and they probably mostly vote the same way. People are very tribal: wear the correct war paint or you aren't part of the "in crowd." Phones are exactly the same. Go to any major enterprise and almost everyone has an iPhone, and the boss certainly does and the latest one too. All the minions below want to appear like they fit in, so they buy iPhones, even if an Android might suit them better for one reason or another. But, it never gets down to "reason," it is all about following the crowd. It's why advertising works too. See cool people on TV doing cool stuff with other cool people and many want to be just like them.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast