Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Intros iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X and Series 3 Watch

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Over the past 4 years we've seen T-Mobile sign up a ton of new customers and steal market share from the incumbents and others. I'm pretty sure if customers were not happy with T-Mobile coverage their churn rates would reflect this.

Regardless of our opinions I believe churn rates give us a good indication of customer satisfaction overall.

I've read the hysterical tech feeds from today from BGR and others and they make it sound like T-Mobile customers who buy a new iPhone are screwed and are going to lose coverage.
    And yes, I did ask the guys in our T-Mobile store a week ago about the new customers, and they said the mostly seem to be coming from Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I, too, know a lot of idiots.
    I have an iPad, and would get an Apple Watch in an instant if they "did the Samsung Gear and Fitbit thing" and made it so it could run with all major phone brands instead of just one.

While I think the iPhone has a few peers among the Android flagships, Apple's tablet and watch unequivocally stand head and shoulders above the competition, and they seem to be smashing the others to bits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I wonder who is correct. T-force says you can trade up via JUMP, but Neville Ray says they will be running a trade in program like Apple, Verizon, and AT&T for a limited time. I suspect Neville Ray is the one to believe, which I hope is the case.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post

Actually I know a lot of people who have a rabid hatred of Apple and everything they make and stand for, and buy an Android phone simply because of that. There is also a bias towards Android on Verizon, and towards iPhone on AT&T, partially because some users moved one way or the other for their preferred OS in the 2007-2011 timeframe, and partially because some users who picked a carrier got the phone that carrier had during that time, and have stuck with the platform and ecosystem ever since.

I also met a lot of obnoxious Apple owners that think owning an Apple makes them prestigious like they own a rolls royce. Apple is sold on Bling Bling Luxury Marking. Which is the reason some people buy Apple to show they got money and think it says they have style as if they have a rolex watch. They think owning a new iPhone is prestigious and impressive. Yea, I hate Apple but not people that buy Apple. After three of their phones over four months broke spending more that 30 hours in a Apple store. They were never dropped or got wet and the people at the Apple Store were arrogant trying to upsell me to the one year newer iPhone model instead of solve customer issues. Yea, I remember Antennagate. Yea, I remember when I had AT&T trying to make a voice call on a iPhone that didn't have reception when the person next to me on AT&T with a Motorola phone had no reception issues on their voice call. The way the Apple store's employees treated me and others when I had issues is a major reason for hating Apple.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 09-14-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I also know a lot of obnoxious Apple owners that think owning an Apple makes them prestigious like they own a rolls royce. Apple is sold on Bling Bling Luxury Marking which is the reason some people buy Apple to show they got money and think it says they have style as if they have a rolex watch. They think paying more gets them a better phone. Yea, I hate Apple after three of their phones over three months broke that was never dropped or got wet and the people at the Apple Store were arrogant. Yea, I remember Antennagate. Yea, I remember when I had AT&T trying to make a voice call on a iPhone that didn't have reception when the person next to me on AT&T with a Motorola phone had no reception issues on their voice call. The way the Apple store's employees treated me and others when I had issues is a major reason for hating Apple.
    That sounds extremely unusual for Apple. They have some of the best tech and customer service that you can find and top survey rankings every year. I’m surprised they didn’t give you a new phone when yours broke considering how willing they normally are to do that even outside of the warranty period.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I also know a lot of obnoxious Apple owners that think owning an Apple makes them prestigious like they own a rolls royce. Apple is sold on Bling Bling Luxury Marking which is the reason some people buy Apple to show they got money and think it says they have style as if they have a rolex watch. They think paying more gets them a better phone. Yea, I hate Apple after three of their phones over three months broke that was never dropped or got wet and the people at the Apple Store were arrogant. Yea, I remember Antennagate. Yea, I remember when I had AT&T trying to make a voice call on a iPhone that didn't have reception when the person next to me on AT&T with a Motorola phone had no reception issues on their voice call. The way the Apple store's employees treated me and others when I had issues is a major reason for hating Apple.
    That sounds extremely unusual for Apple. They have some of the best tech and customer service that you can find and top survey rankings every year. I’m surprised they didn’t give you a new phone when yours broke considering how willing they normally are to do that even outside of the warranty period.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the se is going down to $349.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Yeah, this is a huge blunder by Apple, and it is sure to hurt T-Mobile, which is unfortunate.
    The naysayers are often critical of Apple during releases only to have Apple go on and prove the naysayers wrong. The lack of B71 won't make a dent in the sales of these new devices.

The challenge for T-Mobile is that they are either going to have customers buy the iPhone who are uninformed about B71 (i.e. 99% of the population), and then have spottier coverage than someone on an Android phone and aren't happy with T-Mobile or Apple, or they will get a bunch of bad press about how "the iPhone doesn't support their new LTE network",
    Been there, done that. The iPhone didn't have band IV HSPA, then it didn't have B12, now it doesn't have B71. T-Mobile customers still buy it and don't really care about what it doesn't have. A tiny, few care, but Apple knows that most of the customers won't care whatsoever. They'll add B71 when they're ready and not a moment before.

Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    I must say that I don't agree with this. Some who don't care about band 71 or who don't know will buy it. But I won't and I think it's likely there are lots of others who won't either.
    There won't be that many who will not purchase the phone due to no B71. For most consumers, that's the last thing they are thinking about.

Feedback Score
    I'll get a band 71 iPhone next year when there is actually coverage it may utilize. What's the hurry, I get good service now in my AO, and although $1,149 is a lot of money for a phone, the resale will be higher also. I generally pay a few hundred dollars a year for an upgrade by selling on Craigslist. This year it will be more, but next year it should go back to a few hundred again.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The naysayers are often critical of Apple during releases only to have Apple go on and prove the naysayers wrong. The lack of B71 won't make a dent in the sales of these new devices.
    I said it wouldn't be any worse than the many other legitimate complaints people have about the iPhone. It probably hurts T-Mobile more than Apple. It is still true a decade later that AT&T is the true iPhone carrier, and Verizon is the true Android carrier, even though the differences are much smaller than they were back then.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Feedback Score
    I don't see a compelling reason to upgrade from a 6s+. I'm going to wait until band 71 is incorporated. The apple watch looks interesting. Will it work with a regular data plan or does it require something special?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yup... 6s to 8 isn't much of an upgrade, and you lose the headphone jack

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    GSMinCT,

"The iPhone 7, and possibly earlier, have kinda-sorta fast charging. They come with a 1A/5V brick, and with Anker Charge IQ, an iPad charger, and probably a plethora of other chargers, you can get up to 2.1A/5V, or slightly over 10W. This is a halfway version of fast charging, but technically isn't fast charging at all, it's just a higher current version of USB.

The iPhone 8 and X have true fast charging using USB-C PD, which is a truly universal standard. We don't know the actual wattage yet, but it is likely either 15W or 18W, which is as good or better than the semi-proprietary systems used by Samsung (Qualcomm QC2/3) or the even more proprietary Turbo Power system used by Motorola, which delivers up to 15W. Nobody has one to test yet, but it should work fine with an Anker or any other brand USB-C adapter using a USB-C to Lightning cable, and with a different brick and the cable included in the box, it still fully supports kinda-sorta fast charging at 10W using 2.1A/5V bricks like the iPad or Anker Charge IQ. I mostly use Charge IQ even with my Galaxy S7, as it's almost as fast as the faster charger, and I can use a single 4-port charger to kinda-sorta-fast charge a battery pack, an iPad, and my phone all at once, and the same will be true for the iPhone 7, new iPhones, etc."

You Kinda Sorta don't seem to know that since the iPad 4 (2012) I believe, the charger has been rated at 12W, or 2.4A. I'm guessing you don't own an iPad. I use mine to charge my iPhones, and they seem to charge about 50% faster. They are approved by Apple for iPhones, by the way.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    You Kinda Sorta don't seem to know that since the iPad 4 (2012) I believe, the charger has been rated at 12W, or 2.4A. I'm guessing you don't own an iPad. I use mine to charge my iPhones, and they seem to charge about 50% faster. They are approved by Apple for iPhones, by the way.
    I have an iPad 3 and I'm well aware that you can use an iPad charger to charge an iPhone. There is nothing special or magical about the iPad charger over a generic 2.1A charger or an Anker Charge IQ charger. The iPad charger really is just a generic 2.1A charger that looks pretty. With Anker Charge IQ, you can charge multiple devices with one charger to their fullest speed potential for 5v charging.

Not everyone with an iPhone necessarily has an iPad, so Anker Charge IQ or other third party chargers allow those folks to enjoy 10W sort-of fast charging too. Anyone who buys an iPad charger separately is an idiot, as you can get better chargers cheaper off of Amazon that don't feature the matching white Apple finish.

I sound like an ad, but I now use Charge IQ everywhere. I have a 4-port in my car, I have two external battery packs, as well as the 4-port travel charger for hotels so I can juice everything up off of one outlet.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast