Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

AT&T offering free HBO to combat T-Mobile

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/att...ace-2017-09-12

AT&T Inc. T, +1.45% *said it would offer free HBO service to more of its wireless subscribers, as video streaming giveaways become the latest front in the fight for cellular customers.

On Tuesday, the cellphone giant said customers on its midmarket Unlimited Choice wireless plans will get HBO free starting Friday. The company has offered free HBO to subscribers on its more expensive Unlimited Plus plans since earlier this year.

“This is how we move down market,” Chief Executive Randall Stephenson said at an industry conference, noting that any plan that keeps communications customers from leaving makes the overall business more profitable.

Rival T-Mobile US Inc. TMUS, -0.08% *recently said it would provide free Netflix Inc. NFLX, +1.88% *accounts to subscribers on its unlimited family data plans.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Att is buying time warner which includes hbo. It's no skin off their back if they offer hbo for "free". Like them offering data free streaming on direct tv.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Feedback Score
    Now if only AT&T would match T-mobile's new senior plan.

Feedback Score
    Yes,

Even if it was the crippled Choice plan.

I keep thinking about the T-Mobile plan but the coverage on Eastern NC is just not there yet. I was hoping that the US Cellular roaming would have kicked in by now but my friends that have TMobile through their job complain.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Went to change a T-Mobile plan yesterday to add Netflix. The catch is you must "change" your plan. Thought nothing of it as the page it showed your plan's base price wouldn't change, however no mention of the 20% Hook Up Discount on my account. After further review, it appeared that I would lose this discount. 7 lines for $146 including Kickback and Hook Up discount. I'll continue to pay $10/month for Netflix.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is already pulling stuff to get people off of there 20% hookup?

Feedback Score
    AT&T has been offering free HBO to Plus UDP plans. T Mobile reacted so AT&T is offering free HBO to Choice UDP plans. T Mobile is a price increase to many customers to receive Netflix. That's not very uncarrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
    Att is buying time warner which includes hbo. It's no skin off their back if they offer hbo for "free". Like them offering data free streaming on direct tv.
    Yes it is. They are losing potential added revenue by giving the service away.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Att prob isn't happy about seeing the need to offer this. Still not a deal I'm enthusiastic about.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone