Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I have heard rumors they are releasing an updated SE in 2018 not sure if that means wireless charging will come with it but tempting to find out then

My wife is waiting for upgraded SE in 2018. She does not want a larger phone.

Feedback Score
    AT&T announced a bogo offer for the 8 if you have Direct TV service. If I had T Mobile, I would of wait until the iPhone 8 and X supported the 600 spectrum which is being launched.

Phone
    I phone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I heard on the radio today in Toronto, the 256 gig is $1500

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthily View Post
    Will the iphone x be offered in sim free? I didnt see it on apples website
    Apple always does. Allows sales to people with prepaid, or not on one of the big 4 carriers. But not at launch. With delayed release, and limited quantities, I wonder whether it will be available SIM-free this calendar year.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying myself the new generation iPhone about every 2 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I do just fine with my $20-$150 phones. The $150 phones are flagships that are a couple of generations old, but still very nice phones.
    I work with a person who had an iphone 5(c?). Could not get VZW 4G LTE reception anywhere.. Got so frustrated with the phone that he was ready to switch to AT&T.

He traded the old iphone on a new iphone SE and everything is wonderful. So happy...he doesn't know what to do.

The carriers make it difficult to have a 4 year old phone and have a complete user experience. I suppose it is okay if you use <1GB of data per month.

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    I work with a person who had an iphone 5(c?). Could not get VZW 4G LTE reception anywhere.. Got so frustrated with the phone that he was ready to switch to AT&T.

He traded the old iphone on a new iphone SE and everything is wonderful. So happy...he doesn't know what to do.

The carriers make it difficult to have a 4 year old phone and have a complete user experience. I suppose it is okay if you use <1GB of data per month.
    The iPhone 5 was missing LTE band 4, which is one of 4 Verizon uses (according to wikipedia). The 5c supports it all. So possibly 4 is important in that area. The 5c supported it.

Of course, an old phone may just not be working as well.

Not much that carriers can do. Other than really densify the network, they need additional bandwidth, and that is done by getting new frequencies. Which require new phones.

It isn't like the old days where for many years, a quad band GSM phone was all you needed. 2 bands for the US, 2 for international use.

Many of the cheaper subsidized phones may limit the bands they support when sold by the carrier. It can be difficult for someone like me to figure out, since the verizon site will only list the LTE bands they need for their service, so won't advertise the other bands. So I don't know whether they are locked out by the firmware, or are available if the phone is unlocked and used with another carrier.

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The SE is still a nice phone, just a little small once you get used to larger phones. If something happened to my current 7+, I would probably buy it while I considered my options. Wait for SIM Free X. Or wait. No rush.

Feedback Score
    I sold my iphone 7 after taking photos with the Google Pixel. I don't know what Google did to the camera, but it's giving me much better IQ (with zero shutter lag)than the 7+ did..no watercolor effect and more fine detail with the Pixel. No wonder DXOMark gives it their top rating. https://www.dxomark.com/news

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The SE is still a nice phone, just a little small once you get used to larger phones. If something happened to my current 7+, I would probably buy it while I considered my options. Wait for SIM Free X. Or wait. No rush.
    I know people who could never get used to the larger phones and will continue to use an SE until Apple releases an updated phone in 2018.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    I sold my iphone 7 after taking photos with the Google Pixel. I don't know what Google did to the camera, but it's giving me much better IQ (with zero shutter lag)than the 7+ did..no watercolor effect and more fine detail with the Pixel. No wonder DXOMark gives it their top rating. https://www.dxomark.com/news
    “The HTC U11 was the best device tested with the original DxOMark Mobile protocol and retains its number one ranking with the updated DxOMark Mobile protocol, sharing the top spot with the Google Pixel. Although the two devices have achieved the same overall ranking, they have done so in different ways (highlighted by the new test protocol). Read this review to find out more.”
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Feedback Score
    Given the multitude of new features Apple is using for the first time with the X, I'm inclined to let them and the other early adopters work out the kinks first and wait for the XI.

And when the XI appears, the X should move into a lower price slot. For my purposes, I've never felt disadvantaged by carrying "last year's model." The smartphone is now a mature device, and the incremental improvements don't justify an annual replacement cycle.

Feedback Score
    I think I'm going for an iPhone 8 even though it's missing Gigabit LTE. My 6S battery is starting to drain much quicker so it's time for a new phone. The X looks nice but the price is just ridiculous

Phone
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Apple always does. Allows sales to people with prepaid, or not on one of the big 4 carriers. But not at launch. With delayed release, and limited quantities, I wonder whether it will be available SIM-free this calendar year.
    If you can get to an Apple store, just buy the Verizon iPhone. Verizon postpaid phones are required to be carrier unlocked and you can buy it, paying full price, without needing a Verizon account. Additionally, the Verizon model is typically the SIM free version that works on all carriers.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I think I'm going for an iPhone 8 even though it's missing Gigabit LTE. My 6S battery is starting to drain much quicker so it's time for a new phone. The X looks nice but the price is just ridiculous
    Just get a new battery from eBay and watch YouTube how to install it and it will be like new.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Just get a new battery from eBay and watch YouTube how to install it and it will be like new.
    I can do that but I'm also interested in the iPhone 8 since it will have band 66. This way I can check to see where at&t and Verizon deploy AWS-3

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast