Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I think I'm going for an iPhone 8 even though it's missing Gigabit LTE. My 6S battery is starting to drain much quicker so it's time for a new phone. The X looks nice but the price is just ridiculous
    New genuine iphone batteries are $100. installed. When you car needs new tires, do you trade for a new one?

Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    If you can get to an Apple store, just buy the Verizon iPhone. Verizon postpaid phones are required to be carrier unlocked and you can buy it, paying full price, without needing a Verizon account. Additionally, the Verizon model is typically the SIM free version that works on all carriers.
    Has this worked for anyone? Trying to buy a Verizon phone paying upfornt? I tried it last year with the 7+ but they would not even allow paying upfront without a Verizon account and activation. Had to wait until the sim free version was in the apple store.

Phone
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad.Hair.spray View Post
    Has this worked for anyone? Trying to buy a Verizon phone paying upfornt? I tried it last year with the 7+ but they would not even allow paying upfront without a Verizon account and activation. Had to wait until the sim free version was in the apple store.
    I walked into the Apple store and bought the Verizon compatible 7 plus factory unlocked for cash no issues. Still using it on T-Mobile and have used cricket sim in it also.

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Every year there are some people who can do it and some that can't. It apparently depends on the store whether they violate the policy.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Feedback Score
    For the first week or so last year you could reserve a carrier phone and then pay full price for it to be unlocked when you picked it up. I did that for my wife's 7+. A few days later I reserved a Sprint model 7+ for myself and when I went to pay for it, I was told they wouldn't allow that any longer. I got the store manager to override that new policy after explaining that I was leaving for a 3 week trip to Asia, and wanted to have an unlocked world model phone to take. He agreed to make an exception for me.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Anybody buying the iPhone X?

I will stick with my SE until women's pants have real pockets or my arms get too short to read without reading glasses.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    Last edited by agave; 09-20-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score

I believe Apple is required to put you on a 2year Verizon contract. Just buy the SIM free model. It works on all carriers and no contract needed with anyone. It would cost exactly the same if you pay in full upfront.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Carrier
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I think I'm going for an iPhone 8 even though it's missing Gigabit LTE. My 6S battery is starting to drain much quicker so it's time for a new phone. The X looks nice but the price is just ridiculous
    Yes I actually bought a used 6s on eBay that just had the brand new battery replaced by apple for the battery shut down issue facing some 6s. It's not good at all coming from a tsmc Iphone se to a samsung 6s. You'd be better off just upgrading. That's what I'm thinking either the 8 or maybe the X. Cause I'm on the free byod sprint plan and will take advantage of a discount on a new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well $1500 is too much for phone I thnik

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    I believe Apple is required to put you on a 2year Verizon contract. Just buy the SIM free model. It works on all carriers and no contract needed with anyone. It would cost exactly the same if you pay in full upfront.
    Apple is not required to put a phone buyer on a 2 year Verizon contract. The Verizon iPhone is unlocked unlike the other carrier versions which are locked. Even paying for the other carrier iPhone in full, the iPhone is still locked to the carrier.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Apple is not required to put a phone buyer on a 2 year Verizon contract. The Verizon iPhone is unlocked unlike the other carrier versions which are locked. Even paying for the other carrier iPhone in full, the iPhone is still locked to the carrier.
    That would be the SIM free version you are thinking of, which requires no contract with any carrier.Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1506606921.021197.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  94.3 KB

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    The sim free version may not be available on pre-order day. It hasn’t been available for the past launches except for the 8.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    That is not really the way it works. If you pay full price from Apple for a T-Mobile or AT&T phone it will be unlocked. The drawback is it will only be able to be activated on those two carriers, or other GSM services. The sim free and Verizon model should work on all 4 major carriers in the US. It will also work in most foreign countries.

On the iPhone 7+ release I bought a T-Mobile phone from Apple after reserving it for a T-Mobile line. When I picked it up I told the rep I was paying full price and wanted to be sure it was not carrier locked. He said that was no problem, and that's what I got. It's my wife's phone and works just fine with alternate sim cards. I also imagine T-Mobile would unlock it without any hassle or delay if it were paid in full. I bought a used T-Mobile SE in March and they unlocked it for me in about 5 days. The policy might be 40 days on an account, but that doesn't seem to be set in stone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    That is not really the way it works. If you pay full price from Apple for a T-Mobile or AT&T phone it will be unlocked. The drawback is it will only be able to be activated on those two carriers, or other GSM services. The sim free and Verizon model should work on all 4 major carriers in the US. It will also work in most foreign countries.

On the iPhone 7+ release I bought a T-Mobile phone from Apple after reserving it for a T-Mobile line. When I picked it up I told the rep I was paying full price and wanted to be sure it was not carrier locked. He said that was no problem, and that's what I got. It's my wife's phone and works just fine with alternate sim cards. I also imagine T-Mobile would unlock it without any hassle or delay if it were paid in full. I bought a used T-Mobile SE in March and they unlocked it for me in about 5 days. The policy might be 40 days on an account, but that doesn't seem to be set in stone.

AT&T locks the phone even if you pay full price which happened to me at Best Buy. I had to submit an unlock request to AT&T for a phone which was never on the Next week we plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    That would be the SIM free version you are thinking of, which requires no contract with any carrier.Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1506606921.021197.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  94.3 KB

None of the carriers require a contract for a phone purchase. You can pay the full retail at the time of purchase. Apple is requiring the account information to send a non CDMA version to AT&T and T Mobile customers.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast