Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Phone
    iPhone 6S Plus 64GB, Microsoft Surface 3 LTE
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    OMG! Just go to an Apple Store or order online the SIM free model and save $100 and all the hassle.
    In the past, the issue was with allocations. Apple is only able to manufacture so many at a time and they are obligated to provide each carrier a portion of them. I elected to stay with Verizon and get their part due to being able to get it virtually on launch day rather than waiting in queue for a SIM-Free model.

EDIT: I've been seeing lots of e-mails from Sprint Business pushing iPhone X - they're trying to sign on as many people as they can with that as a draw. Makes sense.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I returned my X today. Ugh, the screen size/ratio (to me) was awful. In standard play back it looked like I was watching an iPHone 4.7" screen.

Phone
    iPhone 6S Plus 64GB, Microsoft Surface 3 LTE
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I returned my X today. Ugh, the screen size/ratio (to me) was awful. In standard play back it looked like I was watching an iPHone 4.7" screen.
    I'd say about half of the video playback apps that I use have been updated with the "Zoom to Fill" pinch motion added so it goes wider and fills the screen but you do lose a little content on top and bottom. It's negligible IMO. It still however feels smaller and apps that don't follow the system font selection and use small fonts are definitely harder to read on my crippled eyes.

My biggest disappointment is that the Touch ID sensor was removed because Face ID doesn't work for me. I'm visually impaired and my natural distance from the screen is much shorter than most so it never recognizes me unless I use an unnatural gesture of posing for the camera and then being far enough away that I can't actually see if the padlock unlocks. Very frustrating. I've gone back 5 years to a time when I have to type a passcode a lot of the time now.I may also end up selling my X in the next couple months if the other benefits don't hold my attention and just go back to my trusty 6S Plus.

--Kidd

Feedback Score
    nope. I will stay with my 6! it does everything my laptop does....

Phone
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    BB, because I still want the flexibility of the Qualcomm modem....
    You know, it really doesn't matter. There's no gigabit LTE on the Qualcomm modem, either. It's switched off so that the Intel versions are not perceived as inferior.

The iPhone X has LTE-A but not Gigabit LTE.

Phone
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    You think I should stick with my current 7 plus, I m tempted to get sim-free iPhoneX when available but...so many negatives are coming out ...so I m on the fence now no fixation

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    You think I should stick with my current 7 plus, I m tempted to get sim-free iPhoneX when available but...so many negatives are coming out ...so I m on the fence now no fixation
    There are some good videos comparing the screens. 1 from iphonedo was just released. I'd wait. There will be a 6.4" model next year. I'm going to get an 8+ until the 6.4" comes out.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    iPhonedo is kind of funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79lg4gy1Iz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPCD_3vAXY&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjpoZ_AYNBA

Phone
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm not aware of any real negatives coming out about the iPhone X. Most of the "negatives" tend to be a personal preference type of thing. Some people really love FaceID and gestures, some don't. Some people like the smaller width from the changed aspect ratio, others don't. Some hate the notch, others feel like it gives the phone "character." My suggestion is go play with one, maybe even buy one and try it for a few days -- you'll then know which side of the fence you fall on. It's a great phone, but like all phones it isn't for everyone -- we all have our preferences when it comes to our phones.

Phone
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    There are some good videos comparing the screens. 1 from iphonedo was just released. I'd wait. There will be a 6.4" model next year. I'm going to get an 8+ until the 6.4" comes out.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app
    Wow thanks for the links, I will wait for 6.4” ....

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
    You know, it really doesn't matter. There's no gigabit LTE on the Qualcomm modem, either. It's switched off so that the Intel versions are not perceived as inferior.

The iPhone X has LTE-A but not Gigabit LTE.
    But the Qualcomm modem supports CDMA, which gives the flexibility of Verizon, Sprint, and USCC. Though there are reports of people going LTE only on Verizon.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying myself the new generation iPhone about every 2 years.

Phone
    iPhone 6S (JB) with int'l unlimited plan
    Carrier
    AT&T since 1993
    Feedback Score
    woo hoo -- mine showed up today :-)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6