Thread: Apple Watch Reception and

Feedback Score

Apple Watch Reception and

How can the New Apple Watch with such a small battery and small antenna communicate with a cell site? Can it work in fringe areas where a cell phone would work?

Does it require another cell phone plan like adding a new phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    How can the New Apple Watch with such a small battery and small antenna communicate with a cell site? Can it work in fringe areas where a cell phone would work?

Does it require another cell phone plan like adding a new phone?
    i think its a extra $5 or $10 a month not sure..

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score

Apple Watch Reception and

I read that it will cost $10 per month extra with Verizon & AT&T. I'm sure the reception will not be too far off other phones. But I bet battery life will suffer if you use it a lot on cellular.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint_CDMA View Post
    I read that it will cost $10 per month extra with Verizon & AT&T. I'm sure the reception will not be too far off other phones. But I bet battery life will suffer if you use it a lot on cellular.
    It’s only $5 on Verizon if you are on a tiered plan. It is more if you are on unlimited though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    It’s only $5 on Verizon if you are on a tiered plan. It is more if you are on unlimited though.
    Wrong. All number share devices are $10 starting Friday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    Yeah, they are raising prices Friday. People on Reddit said the price is supposed to stay $5 if you already have the $5 add on. Idk if that will actually be the case or if everyone gets their price jacked up to $10.

Feedback Score
    They had told me it would be $5 on my Unlimited Plan, but if they are raising it to $10 Friday then that may not be the case.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    That's sad. So someone buys an Apple Watch with LTE. This person is also an iPhone owner and probably has their iPhone with them 99% of the time. But they think, hey, it'll be nice to be able to go to the gym or on a run and not bring my phone with me and still get a text message or a phone call. For the low, low cost of $120/year!

Absolutely ridiculous. Carriers should have some super low usage $5/month plan for the watch for the 90% of watch users who fall into the above category. Without it, lots of people won't subscribe to a plan at all. If I were a carrier, I'd rather have $5/month from 90% of the Apple Watch customers out there than $10/month from 10% of the Apple Watch customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    That's sad. So someone buys an Apple Watch with LTE. This person is also an iPhone owner and probably has their iPhone with them 99% of the time. But they think, hey, it'll be nice to be able to go to the gym or on a run and not bring my phone with me and still get a text message or a phone call. For the low, low cost of $120/year!

Absolutely ridiculous. Carriers should have some super low usage $5/month plan for the watch for the 90% of watch users who fall into the above category. Without it, lots of people won't subscribe to a plan at all. If I were a carrier, I'd rather have $5/month from 90% of the Apple Watch customers out there than $10/month from 10% of the Apple Watch customers.
    To be fair, AT&T was already charging $10 and T-mobile was charging $20 with an autopay discount to bring it down to $15 (unlimited though). Verizon was the only one charging $5. I agree with you though. $10 for a watch vs $10 for a tablet, but my tablet can use infinitely more data than a watch.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    I plan to watch YouTube on my watch in 4K!

Jk of course...oh technology
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I plan to watch YouTube on my watch in 4K!

Jk of course...oh technology
    You forgot to add "on your unlimited data plan".