Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lg Rebel 2 HOW TO?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wideload View Post
    I've moved on from the Rebel 2 and would like to do a factory reset on it. Can someone walk me through doing this?

Also if I give the phone to a friend after doing the reset and removing it from my Tracfone account will they have any trouble activating it on their account?

Thanks, wideload
    I just did a Google search and quickly found http://tracfoneusermanual.com/hard-reset-lg-rebel2/ and http://www.hardreset.info/devices/lg/lg-rebel-2-l57bl/ . Do those work?

Feedback Score
    I've moved on from the Rebel 2 and would like to do a factory reset on it. Can someone walk me through doing this?

Also if I give the phone to a friend after doing the reset and removing it from my Tracfone account will they have any trouble activating it on their account?

Thanks, wideload
    If the IMEI is associated with a sim you are using, you will need to fix that situation. Otherwise, your friend will inherit your sim value as well as the phone. Your friend will not have your actual sim, but he/she will get credit for it when activating a new sim and you will have an empty one.

Removing the phone from your account will not fix a sim associated situation. The account is basically just a handy list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    If the IMEI is associated with a sim you are using, you will need to fix that situation. Otherwise, your friend will inherit your sim value as well as the phone. Your friend will not have your actual sim, but he/she will get credit for it when activating a new sim and you will have an empty one.

Removing the phone from your account will not fix a sim associated situation. The account is basically just a handy list.
    What is associated with the sim in the Rebel 2? I'm currently using an unlocked Moto G5 Plus and I purchased a Tracfone sim kit to activate it. My backup phone will be my older U2 which is currently nonactive along with the Rebel 2.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What is associated with the sim in the Rebel 2?
    As long as you're not using the SIM that came with the Rebel 2 in another phone, and the balance of that SIM has been transferred to another phone/SIM, the Rebel 2 is free-and-clear to be sold or given away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    As long as you're not using the SIM that came with the Rebel 2 in another phone, and the balance of that SIM has been transferred to another phone/SIM, the Rebel 2 is free-and-clear to be sold or given away.
    Can the original SIM be used again for activation, or is that only with a BYOP SIM?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Can the original SIM be used again for activation, or is that only with a BYOP SIM?
    I've re-used mine successfully. I bought the Rebel 2 bundle, activated it with a transfer from my wife's BYOP flip-phone, a few days later transferred everything back to the flip-phone. After a week, I reactivated the Rebel 2 with the original SIM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone!!!!

wideload

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3