Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score

Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Hello Howard Forums members!

Pure TalkUSA is excited to finally have an official presence on the site. We have been lurking for years and now intend to be much more active on Howard Forums!

For those of you that do not know us, we are a veteran owned MVNO with a 14 year direct relationship with the largest GSM provider in the U.S. We offer U.S. based customer service and believe in providing simple and competitive service at a great price.

You can read more about us and our current offering at www.puretalkusa.com

Stay tuned for a special announcement regarding new service offerings later this month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    Okay, I'll jump in with the first question/comment.

I've been with PureTalk for about a year and a half and it's been great for me. But I'm at a point where I may need to occasionally be involved in a weekly conference call that would push me past my allotted monthly minutes. I have an iPhone SE and was going to enable wifi calling to cover me for those instances, but I don't see that option on my phone (I know it's normally there). Is wifi calling not available natively with PureTalk?

Thanks...and welcome to HoFo!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Do you know yet when the "special announcement regarding new service offerings" will come?

They will definitely have to be something special in order to compete with the new Red Pocket plans.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you will offer.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Nokia E71, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I too am very anxious to hear about their "special announcement regarding new service offerings". The sooner the better, before even more users switch over to Red Pocket and commit for a year.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Hello!

Glad to have you as a customer. We don't currently have the wifi calling feature available. We have reached out to our carrier to see if we can get this feature for you and all our customers. Shoot me an email at [email protected] with your account info. This way I can keep you posted on when/if this feature will be active for use.

That being said we are a certified Apple carrier! iPhone MMS, visual voicemail, and hot spot features work with our service.

Thanks!
    Last edited by PureTalkUSA; 09-18-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Do you know yet when the "special announcement regarding new service offerings" will come?

They will definitely have to be something special in order to compete with the new Red Pocket plans.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you will offer.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsonu View Post
    I too am very anxious to hear about their "special announcement regarding new service offerings". The sooner the better, before even more users switch over to Red Pocket and commit for a year.
    We intend to release the new plans & details early next week. Stay tuned!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post
    We intend to release the new plans & details early next week. Stay tuned!
    As a PureTalk USA customer since May?? 2015, your recent decision to remove your senior AddVantage plans has caused me to consider moving to either RedPocket or SpeedTalk. I certainly hope these new plans are enough to influence my decision to move on. If not, let me say I've enjoyed your service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    As a PureTalk USA customer since May?? 2015, your recent decision to remove your senior AddVantage plans has caused me to consider moving to either RedPocket or SpeedTalk. I certainly hope these new plans are enough to influence my decision to move on. If not, let me say I've enjoyed your service.
    My parents are on the Senior 600 plan & so far it appears to be grandfathered per their account profile - at least for now.
    The new plans hopefully offer some interesting options for a variety of customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    My parents are on the Senior 600 plan & so far it appears to be grandfathered per their account profile - at least for now.
    Unfortunately you can no longer add data to those plans. You can only upgrade to one with data.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rustybronco; 09-18-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Feedback Score
    We have a PT family plan for 3 phones and I have had STELLAR service the few times I had to call (the southern drawl of the GA-based CSRs was a lovely bonus.)
    HOWEVER, the 800+ minutes/texts we had for our 3 phones (no data) has mysteriously turned into 300 per month for $20, or 6.66 cents per minute or text. Looking to move kid's cell plan to Red Pocket 500/500/500 which is about 8 times cheaper, PLUS there is data for those unforeseen circumstances...
    Will also move our phones to RP or other (suggestions anyone?) unless PT comes up with something truly competitive.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Well, I'm hoping since they took the time and expense to become a paid HoFo advertiser/sponsored member, that they will come up with something good to really compete with all of the increased competition!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Well, I'm hoping since they took the time and expense to become a paid HoFo advertiser/sponsored member, that they will come up with something good to really compete with all of the increased competition!
    Same here, Boz! We've had a few issues with data lately, but in looking at the calendar, I think it might have been during the time periods of the hurricanes. I was about to switch to Red Pocket 500/500/500 but I'm waiting on the announcement of new plans to see what they have to offer.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ccv View Post
    We have a PT family plan for 3 phones and I have had STELLAR service the few times I had to call (the southern drawl of the GA-based CSRs was a lovely bonus.)
    HOWEVER, the 800+ minutes/texts we had for our 3 phones (no data) has mysteriously turned into 300 per month for $20, or 6.66 cents per minute or text. Looking to move kid's cell plan to Red Pocket 500/500/500 which is about 8 times cheaper, PLUS there is data for those unforeseen circumstances...
    Will also move our phones to RP or other (suggestions anyone?) unless PT comes up with something truly competitive.

Hello,

I'm sorry for your issues. Email me at [email protected] with your account information so I can take a look. All of our legacy plans are grandfathered in and shouldn't be changed unless the customer request. I look forward to hearing from you.

Pure TalkUSA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post

That being said we are a certified Apple carrier! iPhone MMS, visual voicemail, and hot spot features work with our service.
    Mobile hotspot? I thought Pure Talk didn't support it (at least it doesn't work on my Moto G4 Play).

Device(s)
    Nokia E71, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Here or There View Post
    Mobile hotspot? I thought Pure Talk didn't support it (at least it doesn't work on my Moto G4 Play).
    It didn't work on my iPhone 6s Plus either...? Is there something I was missing?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast