Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post
    We will only support tethering on Apple devices. That being said, as others in this thread have indicated - mobile tethering may work depending on make, model and firmware of the device.
    I don't know what Motorola does that keeps mobile hotspot from working even when the carrier is okay with it.

That said, I did find an app that seems to work. It's called Netshare-no-root-tethering, or something like that. It's on the Google Play store, and does not require root. I tried tethering my iPad to my Moto G4 Play, and it worked.

Your mileage may vary, obviously, but at least the app seems to allow me to tether on Pure Talk on my Moto G4 Play.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by #8awg View Post
    Can someone with this service post your ping and speed.
    I can't post images yet, but I ran a speedtest this morning with 4 bars and got 32ms ping + 31.62Mbps down & 25.59Mbps up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsonu View Post
    Is there anyway PureTalk could post something that would give us all a way to gauge what the "total price" would end up being with taxes and fees included? Not sure about anyone else, but that is important to me, not only what the features are but also what I'm going to end up paying when it's all said and done?
    Evidently not. I received this response yesterday to my email asking that question and included my state:
    Thank you for contacting Pure TalkUsa. We do apologize about the delay in your
    response. We truly appreciate your business. We cannot look up your state taxes
    and fees. If you add 2 lines to the account. You will receive a 10% discount.
    If you have any other questions or need additional assistance, feel free to
    contact the customer service department by phone at 1-877-820-7873.
    Our operating hours are Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm EST.

Frankly, I would have been okay with an approximation or a percent range. Perhaps they don't have enough staff to look up such things.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score

Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

@ Broadus
    I didn't think I was the only one that would like to know what the total cost will end up being. To me, the total cost is just as important as the service now a days, seeing as how there are so many MVNO's out there competing for our business . That's why I think it's nice to just have all the taxes and fees included in the price instead of being surprised at the end.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsonu View Post
    @ Broadus
    I didn't think I was the only one that would like to know what the total cost will end up being. To me, the total cost is just as important as the service now a days, seeing as how there are so many MVNO's out there competing for our business . That's why I think it's nice to just have all the taxes and fees included in the price instead of being surprised at the end.
    I agree. If not included, at least be able to give you a close estimate based upon location.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanakatherock View Post
    I can't post images yet, but I ran a speedtest this morning with 4 bars and got 32ms ping + 31.62Mbps down & 25.59Mbps up.
    Awesome! Thanks for posting

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    They also had a $10 plan which has disappeared!
    I think that was a very bad move. I'm grandfathered, but they are leaving a lot of potential customers out in the cold. I would like a bit more data than the 50 mb included in the PT $10 plan, and I was hoping to see a better lower end plan.
    Last edited by touchofwhimsy; 10-04-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    Dear Puretalk representative on HoFo. I got getting conflicting feedback from Puretalk support yesterday. Can you help clarify this for us and reach out to your colleague to get aligned?

I can provide you the Telrite IT Support Ticket via PM
    ===================================

I'm consider your phone service for use with my iPhones.
    Could you tell me which features are supported and which one's are not with your service? All my iPhones are the SIM Free models. iPhone 6, SE, 6s and 7+.

1. Native iPhone Visual Voicemail
    2. Native iPhone USB tethering and/or wifi hotspot.
    If so, it it capped or throttle or same as data and throughput as from the handset itself.
    3. Voice of LTE
    4. Wifi Calling
    5. Native MMS support
    6. What is the maximum throughput on LTE before throttling occurs? is it similar to Cricket? 8Mpbs in each direction?

================
    Here is the response that I received.

"Thank you for contacting PureTalkUsa. Unfortunately, we do not offer service
    for mobile hotspots,tethering or wi-fi calling. "

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by touchofwhimsy View Post
    I think that was a very bad move. I'm grandfathered, but they are leaving a lot of potential customers out in the cold. I would like a bit more data than the 50 mb included in the PT $10 plan, and I was hoping to see a better lower end plan.
    Overall, the new PureTalkUSA plans are disappointing.

If you're looking for a little more data, if you're interested, Red Pocket offers a $10/mo plan with 500/500/500 for $10/mo, or 1,000/1,000/1,000 for $15/mo, at https://goredpocket.com/plans-new .

Other lower-use Red Pocket options with annual payment:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1...c/132043269270
    500/500/500, $89.99/yr ($7.50/mo)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1...d/132288143818
    100/100/500, $60/yr ($5/mo)

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snova View Post
    Dear Puretalk representative on HoFo. I got getting conflicting feedback from Puretalk support yesterday. Can you help clarify this for us and reach out to your colleague to get aligned?

I can provide you the Telrite IT Support Ticket via PM
    ===================================

I'm consider your phone service for use with my iPhones.
    Could you tell me which features are supported and which one's are not with your service? All my iPhones are the SIM Free models. iPhone 6, SE, 6s and 7+.

1. Native iPhone Visual Voicemail
    2. Native iPhone USB tethering and/or wifi hotspot.
    If so, it it capped or throttle or same as data and throughput as from the handset itself.
    3. Voice of LTE
    4. Wifi Calling
    5. Native MMS support
    6. What is the maximum throughput on LTE before throttling occurs? is it similar to Cricket? 8Mpbs in each direction?

================
    Here is the response that I received.

"Thank you for contacting PureTalkUsa. Unfortunately, we do not offer service
    for mobile hotspots,tethering or wi-fi calling. "
    Sorry for the miscommunication - it is being addressed right now. Its a new position for us and sometimes change can cause confusion.

We do support mobile hot spot for iPhone and visual voicemail at the request of the customer. We are working to have those features managed in the customer portal (no timeline for implementation at this time).

- VoLTE and wifi calling are not supported at this time. We are working with our carrier to gain access to these features.
    - We support native iPhone MMS
    - We do not restrict speeds until your high-speed data allotment has been used.

Again, we apologize for the miscommunication.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. Sounds like good deal to me! I'll be moving over from Cricket at the end of this month (billing cycle), assuming there
    are no issue with transferring phone numbers to your service.

Can I assume there is no issues transferring phone numbers from Cricket to PureTalk? I recall AT&T get a bit weird when trying to switch from AT&T --> Cricket and or from AT&T MVNOs to Cricket.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Overall, the new PureTalkUSA plans are disappointing.

If you're looking for a little more data, if you're interested, Red Pocket offers a $10/mo plan with 500/500/500 for $10/mo, or 1,000/1,000/1,000 for $15/mo, at https://goredpocket.com/plans-new .

Other lower-use Red Pocket options with annual payment:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1...c/132043269270
    500/500/500, $89.99/yr ($7.50/mo)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1...d/132288143818
    100/100/500, $60/yr ($5/mo)
    I was just looking at their plans on ebay. It's tempting, yet I do worry about their customer service. The 500/500/500 is about right for me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    @PureTalkUSA

We are pleased to announce our new offerings beginning 10/1:

$20 Unlimited Talk and Text, Picture Messages, and 500MBs of High Speed Data
    $25 Unlimited Talk and Text, Picture Messages, and 1GB of High Speed Data
    $30 Unlimited Talk and Text, Picture Messages, and 3GBs of High Speed Data
    $35 Unlimited Talk and Text, Picture Messages, and 5GBs of High Speed Data
    $45 Unlimited Talk and Text, Picture Messages, and 10GBs of High Speed Data

After your high-speed data allowance is used speeds will be slowed to 128kps on ALL plans. We will never turn off your data connection.

We are an Apple certified carrier and thus iPhone features such as Visual Voicemail, MMS, and Mobile Hot Spot are supported. Customers with a SIM card prior to Mid 2015 may need to get a new SIM card.

Our multi-line discounts are as follows:

10% off for 2 lines
    15% off for 3 lines
    20% off for 4 lines

Finally we have a special PROMO code for HOFOs - 75% off your first month of service. Code will be active on 10/1 = HOFO75

***Pure TalkUSA has a long history of being consumer friendly. We grandfather ALL plans on a go forward basis. If you like your current plan you can keep it. We never force plan changes.
    The HOFO75 coupon code is taking 75% off the first line alone (I'm trying to check out with two lines), not 75% off the first month's service. Is this correct?

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    @PureTalkUSA

The HOFO75 coupon code is taking 75% off the first line alone (I'm trying to check out with two lines), not 75% off the first month's service. Is this correct?
    Looking further into this issue and will report back.
    Last edited by PureTalkUSA; 10-05-2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Accuracy

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Looking further into this issue and will report back.
    Thanks.

One additional question (and I realize you perhaps can only generalize), but is there a good possibility that PureTalk will have VoLTE/HD Voice will have in the near future? I'm ready to move two iPhones from Selectel to a GSM carrier, but I'm beginning to think that friends who have a good voice connection in my office (where I do not) have that good connection because of VoLTE/HD Voice, not because of GSM vs. CDMA.
    Last edited by Broadus; 10-05-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast