Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    Thanks.

One additional question (and I realize you perhaps can only generalize), but is there a good possibility that PureTalk will have VoLTE/HD Voice will have in the near future? I'm ready to move two iPhones from Selectel to a GSM carrier, but I'm beginning to think that friends who have a good voice connection in my office (where I do not) have that good connection because of VoLTE/HD Voice, not because of GSM vs. CDMA.
    The HOFO75 code has been updated to encompass all lines month 1.

We are still waiting for a timeline from the carrier for VoLTE and wifi calling. Wish I could provide a better answer, but I would not want to guess on something of this scale.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post
    The HOFO75 code has been updated to encompass all lines month 1.

We are still waiting for a timeline from the carrier for VoLTE and wifi calling. Wish I could provide a better answer, but I would not want to guess on something of this scale.
    Thanks for updating the code and the answer to my question.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Is there a time limit on when purchased SIMS must be activated by or they lose their value?

Feedback Score
    The coupon code is a sneaky SOB. After I entered everything, the another $2 convenience fee and $3.xx tax fee appeared. WTF is this?!?!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Taxes are the big thing stopping me from pulling the trigger right now, since most prepaid providers don't charge them to the consumer.

Feedback Score

Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Wow, why is AT$T a real dingleberry when it comes to allowing VoLTE and quick speeds?

Even other vzw / tmo MVNO's get VoLTE, and fast ping + uncapped speeds.(e.g. totalwiress, metropcs, list is fcuking endless)

I don't get it - cricket has VoLTE yet it has absolute turd speeds, meanwhile ATT prepaid is fast but has the absolute worst fcuking calling quality that made me port out to Cricket. Congestion rapes AT$T Prepaid during the day, and the same story for cricket. Sigh.

Worst case scenario, I can live without hotspot (since I'm a user with mininal data usage, I just don't need unlimited) but FML I need VoLTE, it doesn't cost any fcuking thing to flip the switch now that the technology is already developed, and I won't renegotiate on that fact.

Oh and even worse, ATT allows VoLTE only on hardware sold by them -_- (and iPhones). WTF AT$T, why haven't we torn you a new a$$hole yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroAsc View Post
    The coupon code is a sneaky SOB. After I entered everything, the another $2 convenience fee and $3.xx tax fee appeared. WTF is this?!?!
    A $2.00 convenience fee? THAT is sneaky for sure!

Taxes aren't a surprise, since it has been discussed in this thread, and since around half of other MVNOs also charge extra for/collect taxes and fees. However, IF there was no mention that taxes would be added based on location on the screens leading up to the one that actually showed them, THAT would be sneaky.

I'll repeat that I'm disappointed with the new PureTalk USA plans compared to some of their competition, although they do include some value-added features, which is at least something.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    Is there a time limit on when purchased SIMS must be activated by or they lose their value?
    Generally there is no time limit. If you were to wait years, there could be technology changes that could cause an old SIM to be obsolete.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post
    Generally there is no time limit. If you were to wait years, there could be technology changes that could cause an old SIM to be obsolete.
    But then again, there's a legal agreement in place for a reason.

Anyways, do you have any hope that AT$T will give you guys a chance for obtaining VoLTE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I am two weeks now with Puretalk after switching (two lines) from cricket. So far so good with only a few minor quirks.
    The good: faster speeds, pings about the same, no noticable congestion during peak times, excellent video streaming, A $20 plan with 500MB for the wife who doesn't use much data.
    The quirks: Only got HOFO75 discount on one line (before the correction was made), One line didn't receive the configuration txt, had to enter manually.
    I don't have international texting such as from US to Europe. I think US roaming is included but haven't tested yet.
    Overall, I'm saving a few bucks (even with the tax added) and have more data. It may not be for everyone but I'm liking it so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by #8awg View Post
    I am two weeks now with Puretalk after switching (two lines) from cricket. So far so good with only a few minor quirks.
    The good: faster speeds, pings about the same, no noticable congestion during peak times, excellent video streaming, A $20 plan with 500MB for the wife who doesn't use much data.
    The quirks: Only got HOFO75 discount on one line (before the correction was made), One line didn't receive the configuration txt, had to enter manually.
    I don't have international texting such as from US to Europe. I think US roaming is included but haven't tested yet.
    Overall, I'm saving a few bucks (even with the tax added) and have more data. It may not be for everyone but I'm liking it so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app
    You should complain about the discount not being received. The rep here claims that it was supposed to be 75% off the entire 1st order.

Also, if you do test roaming off of the native AT&T network, please post back with the results.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6