Thread: Cricket service during IRMA Catastophe

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $45 / 8 GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Where are you located?
    Orlando, the unlikely place that the eye wall slammed us @2-2.30 am Monday morning, they predicted Tampa will get hit head on but Irma simply sneaked up on us for 10+ hrs!!!

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Orlando, the unlikely place that the eye wall slammed us @2-2.30 am Monday morning, they predicted Tampa will get hit head on but Irma simply sneaked up on us for 10+ hrs!!!
    Yeah, saw it. Orlando/tampa/Florida in general always good att area, isn't it?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    Our local tower here 25 miles NW of Gainesville went down Monday morning and was down until this afternoon. No data, no text, no phone, no signal. It wasn't just a Cricket issue, my brother has AT&T post-paid and my mom has NET10 on AT&T and none of us had any service. Interestingly enough my internet at home is the T-Mobile hotspot that the 4GAS offers. It's on the same tower and it never hiccuped.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2014
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In my area west of Ft. lauderdale, Cricket held up on Saturday night even after the power went out. I was able to use the Xfinity app on my phone to watch the Weather Channel and the local news reports during the night.

On Sunday when we were still feeling strong winds and rain, it did slow down a lot to the point where pages were loading really slowly and definitely couldn't watch the tv app. I'm guessing more people lost power and internet so they were using their cell data and bogging down the network but we did not lose connectivity totally.
    Last edited by hooked; 09-14-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Yeah, saw it. Orlando/tampa/Florida in general always good att area, isn't it?
    I don't know about Tampa, but every time I go there always good service, for Orlando, Cricket is way better than T-Mobile or Sprint for sure, Cricket indoor signal is as good as Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    Maybe snow and ice is worse on the towers, because we have routine outages up here in the great north.........
    Where may that "great north" be?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    I think he means beyond the wall.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    I think he means beyond the wall.
    I'd click like if that was an option...

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Our family of 4 is all on Cricket. The tower across the interstate from us apparently had AT&T issues. We had no phone, text or data for a couple days after Irma. When we drove away we had service. As of now we are getting service from the tower and all seems ok. Although data is only 3.5 MB . No one around here has cable internet so better data speeds are important. We just got power today (15th)

Sent from my MHA-L29 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    A lot of my friends in Orlando still don't have power as of today the 15th, almost a week still!! Also friends in the Key area are not allowed back home, it's all mess over there, you have to be very very thankful of what you have. Prayers for those who have lost from Irma.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Cell service etc is analogous to the highways, interstates, gas stations etc. All are designed for ordinary situations, plus some allowances. Ordinarily, the roads aren't washed out, and not ever driver in the state is trying to use the roads, buy gas, and use their phones at the same instant. It would be interesting, too see pictures of those under these circumstances, of how many of these victims had a phone in their hands. We saw the non stop photos of jammed roads, washed out roads, around the block lines at gas stations, and gas stations that were out of gas.

Feedback Score
    Where may that "great north" be?
    You know, where every car comes with the rear-window defroster package and "heated seats" sounds nice!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    "Nobody retires to the north", quote from brother Dave Garner. And "everywhere is South of somewhere."

Feedback Score
    I live in Bonita Springs, we were one of the hardest hit areas, the storm passed over us at almost full strength and still 10 days later no power here. I am not a cricket customer I am a T-Mobile user and posted how TMobile performed during and after the storm in the TMobile section. As far as cricket I can't comment on but as some of my family has att I can comment on the parent company. The eye came over us around 430pm on the 10th, att immediately lost service, Sunday night into Monday there was still no service here. Tuesday you started to get a very spotty att signal, calls and texts were a crapshoot on it, sometimes they would go thru sometimes not. By Wednesday though it was getting close to back to normal. Overall att performed better than TMobile, it wasn't until last Friday that TMobile became usuable here, but overall I'd say att was very disappointing. The only carrier that seemed to perform well here was Verizon. To the point (and I shared this story on the TMobile board) that one popular local radio dj who used the carrier that gives away free pizzas and slushies (how he described it, I assume he didn't want any legal trouble from TMobile) was begging any Verizon rep to get in contact with him so he can switch immediately. That Sunday night after the storm hit verizon customers were able to call, text, and had usable data. I understand TMobile just doesn't have the infrastructure that Verizon wireless does, but att should. I'm not downing att or even TMobile at all and don't want this to seem like a pro verizon rant, I'm just telling how the carriers worked here.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not to be disrespectful or anything but only thoughts and prayers for those in Puerto Rico 🇵🇷.
    I found this on Cricket coverage in PR, since the island has no power 100%, does anyone know how is the cell service on the island working now?? Anybody knows?
    Prayers for Puerto Rico
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1505949792.427339.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  37.7 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast