Thread: Switch to AT&T promo

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Switch to AT&T promo

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the offer of up to $650 per line to switch to AT&T from another carrier includes tablets.

I'm with Verizon postpaid now. Have an S8+, an iPad Pro 12.9 and an Asus tablet. All are on device payment plans. I know the promo would cover the payment plan on the S8+. If the up to $650 covers tablets I'd switch.

Don't have any need for unlimited data.

Feedback Score
    I think it is smartphone lines only. It might work if you convert the Tablet lines to Smartphones, but even that is questionable.

Feedback Score
    I find the entire offer ludicrous. If you are forced to finance a phone using ATT's next plan, you're just changing which carrier you're enslaved to. It could only maybe make sense if it was the choice between having coverage or no coverage.

Feedback Score

Switch to AT&T promo

It's nice that they cover some of the switching costs, but there is always some catch somewhere

Another option is pay the tablets off completely and then sell them and get new ones from AT&T. If you sell on eBay you can use a PayPal Debit card to immediately apply the apply the funds from the sale to the Verizon device installment plan. You will have to pay the device balance in its entirety.Also, the device needs to be completely Paid off before you ship.

A third option is to swap the Verizon SIM cards for AT&T ones and keep your devices. This will probably require you to completely pay off the devices first, but in some cases a Verizon device can accept an AT&T Sim if Verizon doesn't have it locked in some way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    I find the entire offer ludicrous. If you are forced to finance a phone using ATT's next plan, you're just changing which carrier you're enslaved to. It could only maybe make sense if it was the choice between having coverage or no coverage.
    That's exactly where I'm at on it. I've got superb voice coverage everywhere I go with VZW, but the data end has been left severely wanting these last couple of months. Theres places with band 4 -60 signal, but cant move a single byte. Those that can move, are limited moreso than anytime past. Reminds me of the exclusive iPhone data debacle that hit ATT awhile back.

I signed up for a postpaid line, got a sim, and have been swapping back and forth in my S8+/Nexus6. LTE comparison, VZW moves 2/1.5 1500ms, while ATT runs 60/14 190ms in the same place. I've also been letting it idle with Sensorly running to get updated coverage maps for my areas of travel as ATT likes to lie like VZ does on their maps.

Long story short, pricewise it would be a wash either way with my 5 lines and homephone. The deciding factor for me is the network. Apart from having no service at all inside the house, ATT is looking pretty good so far. If I move, I'll be doing just that...changing colors - but not my freedom.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    The subscriber can phone pay off the remaining balance and leave at any time. If AT&T meets the service needs, this is a good offer. I ported in a Tracfone line and I am receiving monthly credits for an iPhone SE.