Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phone has invalid status

Device(s)
    Samsung Smooth
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Phone has invalid status

I got in on the hsn deal with the rebel 2. I just tried to switch from the rebel back to a tmfl att SIM card but, after I click on the number I want to keep, I got the message "The device with the information you provided currently has an invalid status.". Anyone know what this means? It's been 2 days since I activated the rebel. Do I need to wait a little longer to do the switch?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If that GSM SIM was used before, you need to get a new SIM. TF won't allow re-using a GSM SIM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Smooth
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It's a new sim from a tmfl kit that I purchased about a month ago at family dollar. When I enter the sim number, do I use all of the numbers or only the underlined ones? I entered all of them.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did you enter the SIM in your Tracfone online account and have it accepted before attempting the transfer?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post
    When I enter the sim number, do I use all of the numbers or only the underlined ones? I entered all of them.
    Enter only the last 15 digits of the SIM.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Sometimes you just have to try again. I did this transfer a month ago and got the same type message. It eventually worked. Just try again and again.

Device(s)
    Samsung Smooth
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    No but, I just tried to. I clicked add device, entered the sim number where it says to and got the message "There are no devices in our system with the information you provided. Please review the information and try again." I tried with two different att SIM cards, getting the same message each time. should I have gone to add device or activate?

Device(s)
    Samsung Smooth
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks, I've been entering all 20 numbers. I'll try again with the last 15

Device(s)
    Samsung Smooth
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It still won't work. I'll try again in the morning just in case it's a problem with the site. Thanks everyone for the suggestions

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It still won't work. I'll try again in the morning just in case it's a problem with the site. Thanks everyone for the suggestions
    If you can't get it to work in the morning, get on Chat and let the rep do it.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried with two different att SIM cards, getting the same message each time. should I have gone to add device or activate?
    Log into your TF account, select Add Device, enter last 15 digits of SIM. Once the SIM has been added, then you can Activate it.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Add the SIM as a SIM, not as a Device (phone). Tracfone may refer to the SIM as a BYOP.
    The SIM has a Serial Number to enter, a CDMA device has an IMEI to enter (a GSM device asks for the SIM number to be entered).
    Last edited by Tracfancier; 09-14-2017 at 04:45 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Add the SIM as a SIM, not as a Device (phone). The SIM has a Serial Number, a device has IMEI.
    With the current TF online account, ADD DEVICE is the only choice you have. Once you clicked on it, then there are two boxes: one for phone number, one for IMEI or SIM number. Also, there is no instruction to enter only the last 15 digits of the SIM number. Only experienced users know that. Poor site as usual.

Device(s)
    TF L33L
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (on AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Also, there is no instruction to enter only the last 15 digits of the SIM number. Only experienced users know that.
    Some thing has changed, entering the last 15 numbers does NOT work. I had to enter ALL the "SIM CARD NUMBERS".

Name:  Add_SIM.png
Views: 144
Size:  49.7 KB

Hmm, I just noticed that even though I entered the SIM # (bottom number on the RED card), the TF web site shows the Serial Number (the TOP line on the RED card).

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C8H10N4O2 View Post
    Some thing has changed, entering the last 15 numbers does NOT work. I had to enter ALL the "SIM CARD NUMBERS".

Hmm, I just noticed that even though I entered the SIM # (bottom number on the RED card), the TF web site shows the Serial Number (the TOP line on the RED card).
    Looks like you were working with a TF-branded phone. That's how it knows the IMEI when you entered a SIM number.

On Tuesday, I was working with a BYOP GSM SIM and I entered the last 15 digits of the SIM. The account used that as the "name" of the device, because it wouldn't know the IMEI of the BYOP phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast