Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FD deal Airtime card expiration

Feedback Score
    They are just trying to be efficient and bring your account up by phone number since it's necessary for 99% of their calls . Thanks for checking on expiration date - can we really trust their answer?

Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    I decided to try chat and see what they say (for whatever it's worth):

You : I have some PINs that I purchased last year and I would like to use them later this year to start service for a family member. Do the PINs expire?
    Rhey : I'll be more than glad to answer your question.
    Rhey : Before I will answer your question, are you referring to the phone number that ends with xxxx?
    You : I won't be using the PINs on an existing phone.
    Rhey : Okay.
    Rhey : There is no expiration for airtime card PIN. you can still use it to activate your other device.
    You : OK thank you.
    Rhey : You're welcome.

I don't know what my phone number had to do with anything.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I used my last one last night from the FD deal. It extended the service date by 60 days but did not give me the M/T/D. This was using the website. Tracfone/Verizon service. I'll give it a few days and see if the M/T/D shows up. I used an offer code for an extra 60 minutes and the screen showed all the values correctly. Not sure I want to fight if they don't show up as I have plenty in all buckets and I think I'm going to Red Pocket for this phone in the near future anyway and I only paid $1 plus tax for it.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    They are just trying to be efficient and bring your account up by phone number since it's necessary for 99% of their calls . Thanks for checking on expiration date - can we really trust their answer?
    Probably not but at least I'll have a response that I can use, should I need to make a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    I used my last one last night from the FD deal. It extended the service date by 60 days but did not give me the M/T/D. This was using the website. Tracfone/Verizon service. I'll give it a few days and see if the M/T/D shows up. I used an offer code for an extra 60 minutes and the screen showed all the values correctly. Not sure I want to fight if they don't show up as I have plenty in all buckets and I think I'm going to Red Pocket for this phone in the near future anyway and I only paid $1 plus tax for it.
    I hope you mean 90 days. It should show up within 24 hours I would think. I've had it take about an hour to an hour and a half a couple of times. Most other times it was just a few minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    A long time ago (circa 2007), there was a time limit printed on the back of the card.

Nowadays, the only problem that people had when redeeming a card seemed to be those that were sold by ShopCellDeals and TF voided them.

Attachment 153903
    I almost forgot I still have a few ... so I better use them while I can ( even-though I have no need for).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ...I hope you mean 90 days. It should show up within 24 hours I would think. I've had it take about an hour to an hour and a half a couple of times. Most other times it was just a few minutes.
    Yes, I should have said 90. Still no M/T/D and I did this around 10 PM Pacific.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I stopped by FD today and they have a good stock ready for another screw up. .............

Name:  IMG_0607.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  94.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Did you do a price check since you were there

Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    I stopped by FD today and they have a good stock ready for another screw up. .............

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I stopped by FD today and they have a good stock ready for another screw up. .........
    Looks like they have a bunch of old TF TMFL SIM Kits.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks like they have a bunch of old TF TMFL SIM Kits.
    They also sell the VZ Moto E4 for $35 if they have it in stock.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They also sell the VZ Moto E4 for $35 if they have it in stock.
    I saw some posts about that but couldn't find the deal listed in any Family Dollar ad. Didn't want to drive all over town searching for one, so I bought my E4 at Walmart.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I should have said 90. Still no M/T/D and I did this around 10 PM Pacific.
    Likely your account has a "restriction" based on a recent verizon related "something" lol. (nothing related to user doing or not)
    We haven't done any changes/transfers/etc on our account from at least July '17 (last airtime purchase/add) and our recent airtime purchase was blocked as our account needed "updated" (tracfone CSR speak), we had service, but couldn't add airtime.
    You will likely need to call and request a higher department until someone can verify your account (the higher dept CSR (do not offer this to any reps until requested) will request your imei and last 4 of SIM which need to "match" what's registered on the account), then your units will come through.
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Feedback Score
    I saw some posts about that but couldn't find the deal listed in any Family Dollar ad. Didn't want to drive all over town searching for one, so I bought my E4 at Walmart.
    Hahaha my cell phone addiction is starting to act up.
    There is a $5 off $25 coupon in the latest Family Dollar ad that I put in the recycle bin the other day...

Nah, I'm *probably* not going to search through the bin for it.
    I like the Moto E4 so far.
    I have not yet transferred my BYOP account to the LG Rebel 2 to switch the SIM to the Moto E4.

The Moto E4 feels sturdy and well made.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Name:  IMG_0607.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  94.5 KB
    Looks like they have the same $29.99 TracFone and $49.99 Net10 BYOP Activation kits. They probably have controls in place to keep it from happening again.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    From what I've read, many speculate the these airtime cards will expire 1 year after purchase (and activated at the register). A few thought they will not expire.

The first ones I got were purchased 10/7/2016, so I plan on keeping 2 or 3 that I purchased on that date and try to use them on 10/8/2017 or 10/9/2017.

The only problem is that the rest were purchased on 10/10 or 10/11, so that doesn't give me a lot of time to use the others if those 2 or 3 don't work on 10/8 or 10/9.

What do you think?
    OK, today around 12:30 PM I tried to add one of the PINs that I purchased on 10/7/2016 - so 366 days ago from the FD deal...

... Drum roll please ...

Doo-dah-dah-doo!! It worked!!!

So does this mean they don't expire? I'll try another tomorrow, but I think it's safe to conclude that these airtime cards do not expire after 1 year and likely won't expire at least until TF purges their database.

Feedback Score
    bw01,
    Woo-hoo . Thanks! Net10 CSRs say theirs do not expire either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast