Thread: Flip phone for Cricket

Feedback Score

Flip phone for Cricket

Can anyone recommend a good solid flip phone compatible with Cricket wireless bands? I don't need any fancy features - the less the better.

A low price is a plus, of course.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Flip phone for Cricket

Any ATT prepaid (formally GoPhone) flip phone at wal mart or Target will work on cricket.

If this is a single line with no data needed, I'd recommend air voice $20 plan with unlimited talk and text.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    barryspar,

I picked up an AT&T GoPhone LG B470 at Walmart for $17.50 or so. I then paid $1.80 on ebay for an unlock code for the B470. Now I can use it with any GSM sim (may not have the right 3g bands) here or in Europe. I'm using now with one of my Truphone sim cards in it for a backup phone.

Eric

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I agree with above. I've used samung rugbys for years for my backup lines. Just me, but I usually buy them used from ebay etc, in lots, and view them as sort of disposable. Virtually every aspect is superior to a smartphone, except it's not smart. Battery life, call and voice quality,etc,etc all better. Although I use the cricket basic plan with mine, cricket has a voice text only plan for $25,but no discounts, at all.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Like it was posted above, any unlocked or AT&T phone will work on the Cricket Wireless network. But.... Make sure the phone you buy is 3G capable since Cricket doesn't support 2G anymore.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Plane,

Yes, the Rugby III is probably the best "latest" flip phone made. There is the Kyocera DuraXE from AT&T that has LTE, but it's larger and bulkier. I really wish someone would come out with a decent flip phone that covered the 3g bands.

Eric

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    Plane,

Yes, the Rugby III is probably the best "latest" flip phone made. There is the Kyocera DuraXE from AT&T that has LTE, but it's larger and bulkier. I really wish someone would come out with a decent flip phone that covered the 3g bands.

Eric
    Yeah, I've got and used all of them including the rugby 4. Imo, they're all about the same, except the rugby 1's charge port requires an older type charger, the others all use the current micro usb. All except the 4 use the micro sim, but with carefull placement, any sim can be used. Although the 4 I guess is the most advanced, I'm currently using a 2, in that it is slightly smaller. By the way the same battery fits all if them. One issue that I've incurred, are replacement batteries, which are readily available, and are represented as new, the issue is the the date of manufacture may be a couple of years ago . The used price of these units has been increasing, while the quality is declining since they are being getting older. I've accumulated several, as I mentioned above, virtually every aspect for the talk is superior to any of my samsung smart phones, and would not surprise me If a lot of people agree. And combined with google voice and the really cheap prepay rates, really very handy.

I would imagine most dumb phones would fill the bill here, but these are solid little units.

I'd like to see a flip with hotspot capacity, but as with everything else, more goodies equals bigger phone, etc,etc.

Feedback Score
    If someone truly wants a flip with no bells and whistles the LG Cricket sells works fine. Several of my wife's relatives use it. https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/basic

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    Although it's not a flip phone the Sonim XP5700 has a huge battery, is very rugged, supports LTE and can be modified to provide a hotspot. It's OS is based on Android but it isn't a smartphone.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Plane,

The DuraXE from AT&T is a rugged flip phone (a little larger than I like) that has wifi and hotspot capability. It runs a non-touch screen version of Android. It does not have the play store app nor can you side load apps (I've tried). The problem is the hotspot feature is it only works with an AT&T sim card. With any other sim card, even if the phone is unlocked, you get a network error message.

It looks like the Cricket LG True is the same phone as the AT&T prepaid LG B470.

Eric
    Last edited by fv22652; 09-16-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thanks............